GTP_WRS Week 51 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 90 comments
Well done to all the podium guys in every division for some really close battles and awesome laps times as a result 👍 no excuses from me! ... simply not fast enough to match the top runners who nailed some pin point accurate laptimes :scared: Congrats guys!

Special mention to Maz for blowing away 99.9% of the D1 field and achieving a very memorable 2nd place and taking down some big names at the same time :cheers:

Cheers guys it was a cool combo and a great turnout yet again! 👍 Here's my replay if anyone is twiddling there thumbs and has a spare few minutes on their hands ;)
Cheers
Ron.

Attachments

• Mr P WRS 51.rar
    111.7 KB · Views: 18
I had a strong feeling that I'd make it to a podium this week,
I'm not too suprised for the 2nd place ...I almost forgot to submit. :lol:

By counting my fastest sector times together the theoretical lap time was 1'00.089

I had one lap like this: T1 22.709 , T2 41.106 and T3 1'00.395
The only mistake I did on that lap was having too slow start speed for the lap. :(

Congrats GTP_NicoTexas for the D3 win 👍 👍

My replay attached:

Attachments

• GTP_MadMax86 WRS Week 51.zip
    112.9 KB · Views: 18
By counting my fastest sector times together the theoretical lap time was 1'00.089

I had one lap like this: T1 22.709 , T2 41.106 and T3 1'00.395
The only mistake I did on that lap was having too slow start speed for the lap. :(

Congrats GTP_NicoTexas for the D3 win 👍 👍

Thank you and congrats to you too ! Your last corner should be something.
By counting my fastest sectors my lap was something like 1'00.050. But, hey, put all together 3 fast sectors is all the story ;)

Besides that : A Frenchman wining over a guy from Finland sounds familiar :)

Nico

Sorry for it taking longer than usually, but here's the replay.

Attachments

• Timppaq_C4.zip
    115.3 KB · Views: 18
Sorry for it taking longer than usually, but here's the replay.

Clean and green buddy, nice driving
gflagjn4.gif

👍

Checked 4 replays last night -

GTP_Mr_P
gflagjn4.gif
Nice run in your red C4 👍

GTP_MadMax86
gflagjn4.gif
Nice run in your Gray GTI 👍

GTP_Joylord - Clean run, but wrong lap time. (I don't have the time with me, but I think it was a 1:00.301. Could you have uploaded the wrong replay? Yours is not required, but I would prefer to see a replay with the correct laptime, at this point.

GTP_DHolland
rflagnv1.gif

I really can't describe how disappointed I am in this submission. After being DQ'd for the same issue in the same corner in Week 30. And after Sjaak made this post in the week 51 thread, reminding everyone of the risk in the last corner (With a picture from your same DQ).

You've still managed to turn in a dirty lap with 3 wheels off track. 👎

Picture from Jack is below.

photo-1.jpg

I personaly spent 30 minutes on your replay last night, getting a picture that was somewhat suspect. And Jack spent more of his time today, getting this "Smoking Gun" picture, with your left front and both right wheels clearly off track.

As the OLR Rules State -

OLR Rules
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
You've been at this WAY too long to be turning in these kinds of laps. The community looks up to you, as an example of the proper behavior from drivers of your status. The occasional mistake is going to happen.

But the same track, in the same corner, with the same mistake - That's completely unacceptable. :grumpy:

Heres my replay. Sorry for it taking so long.

Oops forgot you done really need my replay :D

Attachments

• WRS 51.zip
    114.3 KB · Views: 17
Yep Thanks for checking Kev ... Cheers 👍

And Congrats to Maz for checking his own also before the deadline and nabbing the D1 win ;) 👍

Thanks for the congratulations boys, but nobody wants to win in this fashion 👍

So now well done to you HyperKermitDanSpeedUK for your podium :cheers:

All the best
Maz

Thanks for the congratulations boys, but nobody wants to win in this fashion 👍

So now well done to you HyperKermitDanSpeedUK for your podium :cheers:

All the best
Maz

Nothing wrong with your win Maz, you were fastest plain and simple. Class act.

Matt.

Forgot to mention, congratulations for very well deserved win in D1 Maz! 👍 There was no one faster than you this time :cheers:

Hi sorry I should have the correct replay now.
View attachment Week 51.rar

GTP_Joylord - Clean run, but wrong lap time. (I don't have the time with me, but I think it was a 1:00.301. Could you have uploaded the wrong replay? Yours is not required, but I would prefer to see a replay with the correct laptime, at this point.

If you have to spend 30 minutes trying to work out If a replay is dirty, then there is clearly alot of doubt, and that picture is highly dubious, considering its just a side on picture, it could be just an optical illusion where the left front is slightly raised, so you can see a slight gap, but If you look at it from a 'vertical' point of view, its probably clean. hence, that picture does not cover the vertical component of the rule.

Question. How would the front left be raised when most of the weight of the car will be over that wheel?

If you have to spend 30 minutes trying to work out If a replay is dirty, then there is clearly alot of doubt, and that picture is highly dubious, considering its just a side on picture, it could be just an optical illusion where the left front is slightly raised, so you can see a slight gap, but If you look at it from a 'vertical' point of view, its probably clean. hence, that picture does not cover the vertical component of the rule.

Win, so tasty..

1174669855373.gif

..oh wait, where did it go?

On a more serious note, a replay that is defined even by you as "highly dubious", should never be posted in the spirit of WRS.

The doubt is whether or not the replay is clean. The burden of proof is on us to show the replay is dirty, if we are going to DQ it.

This went up for opinion with all of the GTP_Race Admins, and we are in unanimous agreement that it's a DQ.

Seeing that it's dirty is not difficult, I could see it the first time I watched the lap. Prologue is admittedly limited in terms of the tools at our disposal to review replays. However, the method shown has been used on several occasions, most notably here in race 5 of the IFTC.

I've viewed this from in front of the car, from back of the car, you can see at full speed that it goes off track.

But just to make you fully satisfied that your lap is indeed dirty, we're making a video to show the same thing.

I am a bit puzzeled by your intentions Daniel...

You are clearly able to outrun all of us with a perfectly clean lap,yet you must push it over the limit of wich is "legal" and also not for the first time...

Why is it you have such an amazing talent:bowdown: for being one of the fastest GT drivers in the world,and at the same time having a talent to screw up such a simple thing as submitting a 100% clean lap???????...

I just don't get it mate,you don't NEED to drive a lap so close or over the limit of what is "legally" possible to win!!!!...So why do it???

And why are you even trying to say its an optical illusion...i mean,WHAT???

Don't get me the wrong way Daniel,i do have a lot of respect for you,but this i just cannot understand!!!...

spyrrari.

Not only is the picture showing proof that it isn't clean, but to say that it is "probably clean" isn't right either. You submit a lap knowing it's 100%, if you make a mistake, hold your hands up and just move on. You can't defend in the indefensible (though apparently the Spurs defence would say otherwise).

I have taken some stills to prove the lap is dirty.

First one is from the front:
front.png

As you can clearly see, the left front tire is not on the tarmac.

Now here are 2 side shots:

This first one is taken when the front left tire is still on the curb.
side1.png

The second one is taken when the front left tire has just reached the tarmac.
side2i.png

You might say, that's still no proof. That first picture can still be an optical illusion and the tire is still on the curb.

Now have a closer look at the times on these screens.
The first side shot shows a time of 46.283, while the second side shot shows a time of 46.315.
Now look back at the front picture, and you can clearly see the time is 46.300, almost right between the 2 side shots.
This proves that the front left tire is clearly NOT on the curb in the front picture.

Now stop wasting our time, your lap is clearly dirty!

Congratulations to Synwraith for a deserved win in D1 and everyone else who submitted clean laps,
and especially Eriba for taking the overall win. Well done.

Last edited:
I am a bit puzzeled by your intentions Daniel...

I thought I might give it a go.

Decision accepted.

@Dust Driver- the tone of your post and the bold remarks towards the end was quite disgusting, pitiful even.

Back