GTP_WRS Week 53 : A Rainbow of V-12's

• Thread starter EDK
  • 125 comments
Finally made a 59.9 T1 on this tonight, so I know I can do 1'49.9 at least. I actually ran a lap nearly 0.1 better at the line with 1'00.1/1'50.2 splits, so I know there's almost .3 for me at the line with the right lap. However this combo is pretty frustrating in free run, yet one of the absolute best for online racing. Ah well, still nearly a week left to string it together.

All the best
Maz

ran a 59.831 t1, unfortunately, i cant seen to make it to t2 without running off at spoon or messing up the hairpin. 👎

Technically, the 512BB's engine is a flat V12, not a Boxer 12. In a boxer engine, opposing pistons run on different crank pins, but in this layout they share one.

Great car, good luck everyone. 👍

Last edited:
Technically, the 512BB's engine is a flat V12, not a Boxer 12. In a boxer engine, opposing pistons run on different crank pins, but in this layout they share one.

Great car, good luck everyone. 👍

Right - Paulie pointed out that he thought it was a Boxer the night I posted it.

His post.

That should be a rainbow of B12s.;) They're a Boxer engine.

My response.

EDK
It's all about the theme. B, V. Austraila, New Zealand. America, Canada. England, Scotland. Whatever. :P ;) :irked:

EDIT : If you believe Wikipedia - Technically, we're both right.

Wikipedia
A Ferrari Berlinetta Boxer is one of a series of cars produced by Ferrari in Italy between 1973 and 1984. They used a mid-mounted flat-12 (180° V12, not actually with a Boxer crankshaft) engine, replacing the FR layout Daytona, and were succeeded in the Ferrari stable by the Testarossa.

2nd EDIT: And these guys seem to think the same thing.

http://www.autozine.org/Classiccar/html/Ferrari/BB.html

Last edited:
Ok, perhaps I will submit my first WRS time.

1.01.267 T1
1.51.522 T2

Not great for my division but I'm sure I will see improvement.

Had a good go on this today, much improved splits from me

T1 - 1'01.395
T2 - 1'52.298

After a couple more days of trying:

T1: 1'00.016
T2: 1'50.152

And something like 0.02 at the line better. Was so angry to throw away a 59.988/1'50.0xx.

What an absolutely beautiful car though 👍

All the best
Maz

Hmmm, haven't driven that car in a while. Admittingly, I gave up on the last combination as I just got frustraited with no real improvemnt at all no matter what I did and at times wanted to shout "Its over 9000!" while shattering the gamepad to pieces. I hope I actually can improve with this combination.

Last edited:
New splits (using Timeattack tune)
T1: 1'00.857
T2: 1'51.589

Thank you for sharing your tune. It's very great, it feels a lot stiffer than the TLD one which is a good thing.

Last edited:
Hmmm, haven't driven that car in a while. Admittingly, I gave up on the last combination as I just got frustraited with no real iomprovemnt at all no matter what I did and at times wanted to shout "Its over 9000!" while shattering the gamepad to pieces. I hope I actually can improve with this combination.

If you got frustrated with the last one, I'd buy a new gamepad now :lol:

Seriously though, great combo, and as Maz said, absolutely lovely car, its a struggle to stay away from racing to get my hotlaps in!

Well I had a bit of a better run. I was starting to feel the combo a lot more, but then the eye-strain I induced playing a FPS turned into a headache which ultimately cost me my concentration, so after I got these, I'm off to bed:

T1: 1'00.996
T2: 1'51.677

Good luck everyone.

:irked:👍

Had a short go at this combo, it's fun.
First splits.

1'01.196
1'52.452

My first try tonight yielded this:

T1 1'00.865
T2 1'51.671

Since coming back to WRS I must say this is the most difficult one yet - this car on these tires is a real handful. Oh wait, I forgot about the Viper on S2's at Eiger. :lol:

New ones for me tonight. Held my gap vs. previous T2 to the line. :)

1:00.844
1:51.232

Still room to improve, will be back this weekend. :mischievous:

LUXY

Last edited:
New Splits:

T1: 59.860
T2: 1'49.818

I saw a couple of 59.7xx T1's tonight, and I lost about .1 at 130R
on this lap, so I know there's at least .1 or maybe even .2 left out there.
But, I don't know if I have the willpower to go back and find it :ill:
I've already put in at least 6 or 7 hours on this combo :grumpy:

This is easily one of the most frustrating/infuriating combos I can remember :banghead:
No offense Kevin ;) You made a great choice for this combo, it's just that you have so
small a margin of error with this car, that being off your marks by just a fraction means a stuffed lap.
I wish I had a dime for every time I've hit the restart button the last few days :lol:

New Splits:

T1: 59.860
T2: 1'49.818

Wow great splits 👍 I know the frustration level for this one. Must have hit the restart button a couple of hundred times but still a very addictive combo.
How you guys are getting into the 59's for T1 is beyond me and 49's for T2. But i suppose the harder you try the more mistakes you make.

Brilliant splits Carl :bowdown:

My small improvement for the day:
T1: 1'00.028 59.981
T2: 1'50.105 1'50.067

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
Uggh, this is starting to look like another combination I'm gonna be frustraited with:indiff:

I can't wait to come back guys. This one looks so fun. Great work CT! Man you are definitely D1 material.

School work and projects are kicking my $$ right now.

See you.

Nice going Carl, Damn you ;)

Will run again at the weekend.

:mischievous:

Thanks Dan, but I don't think you need to worry mate ;) My final time on this one is not as good as the splits would indicate :ill: having been fairly close to my ghost on a couple of runs tonight, I can see that I really did mess up 130R + Casio badly. I'm gonna keep grinding though and see if I can get the couple tenths that's left out there :crazy:

Another small improvement at T2, with a bigger improvement at the line tonight.

1:00.652
1:51.159

I really like driving this car. :dopey:

LUXY

I had another try today to improve my lap, I can see a little more, but cant pull it off, So I submitted with splits on the board. Good luck peeps. :cheers:

I have a question. If 2 wheels are on the grass and 2 wheels on the rumble strip. Is that lap clean or dirty?

Latest Posts

Back