• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 86 comments
3---7'48.287---GTP_Mike_Peperni
user118395pic1573412914.gif
OK - clean lap.

2---8'08.375---GTP_Allibubba99
OK - clean lap.

When i look the clean smooth driving line of Mike , it seems that i drive eating a sandwich. :ouch:

But i will train more :)👍

Last edited:
:bowdown:OH MY what sick times up there in D1

Congrats to all podium winners and to the 1st timers, what a combo! ASpecBob thanks for the compliment!

Al

6---7'50.256---GTP_praiano

Reviewing Praiano63 Replay I can give it clean run, close but clean!! Just wish I could be that fast.

Last edited:
n00b here, hopefully I'm doing this right.

Attachments

• WRS Week 54 RackAttack Replay.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
6---7'50.419---GTP_RackAttack

Tires and time correct. Beautiful lap!

Great job to all who submitted. 👍

Nice win, James!! 👍 It's funny to think of YOU getting nervous! :)

Congrats also to RacerLP for his D2 win and the "Usual Suspect" with a podium. 👍👍 And a quick shout to Mohit for reaching the D2 podium! :cheers:

Way to go Nine Hundred! You seem well on your way to d3!! :cheers:

Congrats to Blair on his double win, both in division and handicap! :cheers: [With a special mention to Ren for making it so close. Great run! 👍]

btcanon had another good week, too. Top ten on the handicap board! 👍

I was impressed with your effort this week, Jon. :cheers: Oh so close to a podium! :cool:

Thank you, Kevin, for another great event! 👍👍

:gtpflag:

Congrats to the winners and to all divisional podiums!!! Great job!!

Really tough week.... I was just happy that I managed to get one lap in that was clean!!!

Thx for the replay check and comments guys! :)
I uploaded the video for my youtube account:

Lots of area to clean up, missed the first sector, the karroussel, some corners later i was either too cautious or too fast in entry... its part of the challenge though, it was great! :)

Last edited:
Well done to all who managed to get a lap in. Some very fast times 👍

Congrats to all the winners and podiums. Blair and Ren, great battle. Thanks for the tune Kev, suited me well.

My PAL replay:

Attachments

• GTP_NINE_HUNDREDweek 54 replay.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Congrats again to all the Div. winners and podium finishers.

A tough but enjoyable TT.👍

Had a great battle with Ren all week.

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Attached is my replay.

Attachments

• WRS_Week_54_Replay_GTP_MilleRSVR.zip
Aaargh, Racer_LP beats me by 0.00.012 :D
And TwistedMetal ... 7'46.327 ... wow 👍

Replay attached, only one close call, at the chicane on the GP section:

NrburgringTypeV_2.jpg

Attachments

• BCES00569-RPL010.zip
Thanks a lot everyone! :cheers:

Congratulations to all winners and podium finishers. I know we don't hand out participation trophies like in elementary school, but everyone deserves one for sticking out this hellish combo :)

Special mentions to:
James (Twissy): Don't know how you did what you did but :bowdown:

Racer_LP: Dude what're you doing in D2? :lol:

Joao: Congrats man, even you're second half of the lap was pretty damn quick, pretty much out of reach.

Blair and Ren: Amazing job running well into D2 territory 👍.

Sorry Jon for just beating you to the podium by less that 3 tenths, it doesn't get much closer than that after running for almost 8 minutes! I'd be gutted too if I'd missed out, considering I put almost 1600km/1000 miles :crazy:. Thanks for pushing me till the end 👍.

I'll have my replay up ASAP.

LWell done everyone. My main concern was to not hurt my handicap too badly, so I guess I accomplished that but I am still having trouble being satisfied.

I'm not usually a very competitive person, but it drives me crazy when I am not able to finish close to the top of d2. I guess that shows how much I enjoy competing here.

It feels like I'm getting slower, but according to the handicaps it's just that you guys are getting faster so well done.

Joao, I think it's time to get bumped up to d1, nice work.

Edit: CSL, you just stomped the second half of the lap.

22---7'55.750---GTP_MilleRSVR

Good Clean Run, smooth!!

Last edited:
22---7'55.750---GTP_MilleRSVR

Good Clean Run, smooth!!

Thanks much for reviewing Firecracker.:)

Funny how that goes, the smooth laps are usually the fastest.

I had some other laps that were more spectacular, nice drifts and power slides, but not as quick.

Had a great time this past week running my favorite track in the game. Put more hours into it than any other TT also.:)

Now off to London to bounce off some guard rails.:lol:

Thanks Kevin for the setup and thanks to the OLR Team

Some really impressive times this week that's for sure - what an event! I'm a little scared as to what's going to happen for the 10th anniversary event :scared:

Kevin - great event and a great set-up kindly shared with everyone at the start of the week. Thank you.

Thanks to Vaxen for processing and somehow fitting that beast so fast, and Kev for both the wonderful event, and the tune .. I tweaked it a bit, and found both Mike and praiano's tunes very good, but had habituated too much to Kev's!

Thank you, Kevin, for another great event! 👍👍

Congrats to all the winners and podiums. Blair and Ren, great battle. Thanks for the tune Kev, suited me well.

Thanks everyone. :cheers:

It's great to know that so many people who have posted here and in the event thread found my tune to be useable and quick.

Congrats to all of the division winners and podium finishers.

Special mention to Twissy for a tremendous overall win, beating the next 2 guys by almost 2 seconds. :eek:

And well done by those next 2 guys, PASM and Mike, you were both almost 2 seconds clear of the next group. :crazy:

Racer_LP, get out of my division. :sly: Well done on the win and D1 time.

And well done to Usual Suspect, Gooners and Carlos, for also finding D1 times. Makes sense that the best I could do was 6th, D1 times are not something that come to me very often, even with as much effort as I put into this combo.

Blair and Ren, epic battle, both with D2 times, and separated by less than a tenth after 8 minutes of racing. Awesome.

Finally, Nine_Hundred and btcanon, great job by both of you to win your respective divisions and turn in times that put you in the next division up. That's no easy feat on a combo like this one.

As for the 10th anniversary, I have a hard time seeing how I could top this one. :scared:

Millie:
Must be the motorcycle racing! I could especially feel the rythm in the lower section.
NICE 👍

Millie:
Must be the motorcycle racing! I could especially feel the rythm in the lower section.
NICE 👍

I would love to take the Aprilia to the Nordshilfe some day. Not likely to happen, but a guy can dream.:sly:

:cheers: Congrats to everyone who participated! And again to the podium placers, and those who met their targets! (did anyone? Really? :sly:)

Thanks to James for proving my guesstimate of the top time totally wrong. :ill:👍

Thanks to Chris, Kevin, praiano, and Mike for the tunes, all seemed really usable, and well-suited. 👍

Thanks to Jon for the mid-week counseling session, where I realized that the last 6 sectors weren't supposed to be taken as a nice stroll through the beautiful countryside. :) And glad you got that lap that was so close to what you were gunning for! 👍

Thanks to Kevin and the historic WRS team for such a long-running and well-organized, fun, competitive structure. It continues to make me wish I'd joined loooong ago. 👍

Here's to another 9 years! :cheers:

Congrats to everyone who sent in a time, this really wasn't an easy combo, but it sure was a lot of fun (to me at least). As some of you mentioned, this was really about getting as close as possible to your best.
Wow, didn't expect to end up 4th overall :dunce:. Thanks again to Mike for posting the setup, just brilliant 👍. Awesome laptimes from the top 3 :bowdown:, alot faster then the rest of D1.
Thanks Bart, great lap mate, and 2nd overall, awesome 👍
Very close indeed, manuelos, did'nt expect to beat you here.
Amazing how close we are. My second fastest clean lap (only .7 slower, not much after 7'50) would have only put me 8th overall and 2nd in D2, just behind US.

Replay attached :)

Edit: wrong replay, corrected :)

Attachments

• GTP_Racer_LP WRS week 54.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Congratulations to all, and specially to division and podium winners on this "hell green" week :cheers:

Mentions to James, with a simple :bowdown:

Great to see PASM back after first week, and alien Mike, hope you stay with us even if it isn´t the Ring :sly:

Stijn (LP_Racer, is that your name?), mate, great time, now stay quiet and let the "beacon" transport you to D1, where you belong :dopey:

Mohit (don´t know your name), for me was the surprise of the week, great early pace tilll T9, made me give my best just to reach that 👍

My mate Carlos, great racing spirit 👍

Ren and Blair, great fight and time, 5 seconds ahead of competition :crazy:

To Kevin, again and also for his tune 👍

Thanks Baron and Chuck 👍

Really pleased with the result this week, was afraid of the "dark side" of the lap but guessed i was wrong.
Even so, was true that i lost 2 seconds to my best splits, according to Excel (7'48.687) and the lap submitted only had 3 best sectors.
Looked back at week 14 and was 5 second behind Manuelos so i it seems i´ve been improving :)

Last splits
22.593 :grumpy: (didn´t want to end against the wall, again...)

Attachments

• GTP_UsualSuspect WRS 54 Replay PAL.zip
I certainly enjoyed this challenge. Sometimes extremely frustrating and other times pure driving bliss. Wish I had started a few days earlier-I kept shedding full seconds or more at each session. Submitted lap was done just for kicks about 1/2 hour before deadline. A slight dip into the sand but recovered and beat my ghost by almost a second.

Congratulations to the podium winners. No way I could have caught you D3 winners-way out of my league. Thrilled to get a bronze in D3 and a 6th in the H/C overall results. Past attempts have been at or near the bottom!

Thanks for the tunes guys. I only tried EDK's but it worked great and didn't want to mess around after I got familiar with the car.

Attachments

• GTP_ncrthree week 54 replay.zip
Great to see PASM back after first week, and alien Mike, hope you stay with us even if it isn´t the Ring :sly:

Thx Joao! really good results by the way:tup:

I will try to run every event, i cant guarantee i'll post every week, but i will try the event, my main issue is free time:scared:, we are overloaded at the job for this time of year and i have a lot of stress due to responsabilities, delays etc... ive been promoted so i have no choice haha :D

If i can get something that worth posting i will, and i will share more tunes even if i dont post splits.

Thx for the kind comments guys, such a great community! 👍

My mate Carlos, great racing spirit 👍

Even so, was true that i lost 2 seconds to my best splits, according to Excel (7'48.687) and the lap submitted only had 3 best sectors.

Thanks Joao - but :eek: that's seriously fast buddy! My spreadsheet said a perfect lap for me would be a 7'50.688 which funnily enough is almost exactly the same as you managed to submit. Or to look at it another way, my best is about as fast as your normal :lol: Or more scientifically, you're 0.082sec/km faster than me. I'll be keeping an eye on that I think and see if I can't close it a little when we come back here :sly:

:cheers:

Sometime later edit:

1---7'50.019---GTP_Racer_LP

2---7'50.708---GTP_UsualSuspect

Times and tyres match. Nice laps gentlemen 👍 Interesting that you both used the same gear choices whereas I had a higher gear for some corners which I guess probably hurt my acceleration out of them...

Last edited:
Consarn it, Jon! You were faster, again :dopey:

Both clean laps, as Jon said.

Awfully close call for Joao in the T3 chicane, and both very finely judged out of the twisties to the run down to Flugplatz!

Nice save in T4, Stijn!

Back