GTP_WRS Week 54 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 86 comments
11--7'57.881---GTP_ConRollins
user118395pic1573412914.gif

3---8'00.554---GTP_ncrthree

Both clean laps, times and tires correct. Nice laps guys.👍

ncrthree, close call at the 6'24.XXX mark, nice save.:scared: Congrats on the D3 podium.

Thanks for checking it out Mille. Yeah, I was gonna quit on that lap after almost loosing it but just kept going. Probably lost a half second there or more. So many "what if" laps that were way faster but ended in offs.

Stijn (LP_Racer, is that your name?), mate, great time, now stay quiet and let the "beacon" transport you to D1, where you belong :dopey:

Yep, that's the name :). If I go up, I'll take you up with me :sly:

1---7'50.019---GTP_Racer_LP

2---7'50.708---GTP_UsualSuspect

Times and tyres match. Nice laps gentlemen 👍 Interesting that you both used the same gear choices whereas I had a higher gear for some corners which I guess probably hurt my acceleration out of them...

Thanks for checking 👍

Consarn it, Jon! You were faster, again :dopey:

Both clean laps, as Jon said.

Awfully close call for Joao in the T3 chicane, and both very finely judged out of the twisties to the run down to Flugplatz!

Nice save in T4, Stijn!

Thanks for checking too :dopey:. I know, lost me couple of tenths though :ouch:. But out of experience from previous laps I knew I was gonna touch the grass and the rear was gonna step out, so I was prepared :)

Thanks, Jon! But I think you, jack, Barra, viper, and Mike (and other DS3 warriors I've missed) deserve a medal for submitting this week. I tried one lap with the DS3 to confirm my suspicions - I think it may have been one of those weeks where the DS3 was unavoidably disadvantaged in some ways (there being certain high-speed curves where time loss would be probably unavoidable without a crazy tune. Maybe consistency could make it up?).

The car otherwise felt good on DS3, I think (amazingly tunable car helps, I guess). Maybe someone could comment after reviews where you couldn't avoid lifting? Viper?

(Schwedenkreuz, Flugplatz, and latter half of Galgenkopf spring to mind)

Wow, I didnt expect a mention in this thread for a divisional 2nd-last :dunce:.

I used Kev's tune, which made the car quite drivable for me, including a bit of a Scandinavian flick into Wehrseifen, which was fun when it came off.
I was able to take all of those corners flat - I had to go 2 wheels off the outside at the entry of Flugplatz - only got through alive half of the time. With the right line Schwedenkreuz and Galgenkopf were reasonably straight forward.
I always feel that I lose time because of the DS3 on really slow corners like the turn one hairpin, and long, constant radius corners. You just dont get a choice on how much steering is used. Im never entering another event at High Speed Ring - every single corner kills the DS3 drivers.*

*Please dont read this as a complaint - I don't compete often enough for that privilege, and there are more than enough events where skill, not input method is my limiting factor.

Barra333
I always feel that I lose time because of the DS3 on really slow corners like the turn one hairpin, and long, constant radius corners. You just dont get a choice on how much steering is used. Im never entering another event at High Speed Ring - every single corner kills the DS3 drivers.*

*Please dont read this as a complaint - I don't compete often enough for that privilege, and there are more than enough events where skill, not input method is my limiting factor.

No, I think pretty much the same way, I'd say. I was using the analog sticks, myself, and the only times so far I felt I really had trouble that wasn't all down to my own lack of skill, application or track knowledge were Spa (Eau Rouge) and High Speed Ring - and I felt that that trouble was really contributed to more by those than the DS3 thing, anyway. And I should have just worked on Spa harder, but I started too late. .

I do very much rely on the casual nature of the competition myself due to varying availability, and will cut my losses where I don't feel I can overcome both lack of time and track knowledge, but more because I can try to catch up on other things than any real worry about handicap, since I know the track thing will bite me in the long run. Nice to at least put in enough to pick up nuances in the replays.

I was curious, and speaking from the point of view of a recent convert (see sig - less true now, but still applies), and it probably was neither well thought out, or expressed (let alone nuanced. Apologies to Jack for being an insensitive clod are in order, also). I'd like to blame the sleep dep, but that was only a contributing factor... and I've probably just shoved in the other foot, but I'm trying!

For my part, with all the feel of the pedals, would you believe I miss the rumble feedback while braking (for threshold)?

I appreciate the responses you, Jack and Viper gave, for what it's worth.

Last edited:
I dont see any reason for you to need to apologise Ren. Thank you tho.:)

Nice to see you doing so well with your wheel, making the transition I know isnt easy. Driving like a D2 with it has to make you happy.👍

Thanks for checking my replay Mille. Sorry you had to be the one getting bored watching my slow arse on such a long track!:sly:

Well done all! :cheers: Some fantastic times up there. Great win James 👍

And big congratulations to my mate Joao for a D1 handicap again - you've improved so much in the last year. 👍 :)

My apologies for dropping out - I only ran a total of 4 laps and then life dealt us a bit of a blow and we ended up being away for the last week an a half... only got back home yesterday. My wife's mother is very ill and her elderly father will be staying with us for a while now. The only space we have is my 'Den' and so I've had to move some of my stuff to make space, including my wheel and PS3. As a result, I'll not likely be running much WRS in the near future since I can't leave everything set up in the living room and I only have a slightly rickety end-table to attach my wheel to anyway. Hopefully it will only be for a short while but I wouldn't like to guess at the moment.

I realise WRS and GT5 are not of paramount importance but I have spent alot of time running with you guys and thought I should at least explain my absence. Take care all. :cheers:

Thanks mate 👍

Saw that you were away from PS3 a couple of days and already start wondering if all was well :scared:

Hope all the best for you and your family :nervous:

Great to see PASM back after first week, and alien Mike, hope you stay with us even if it isn´t the Ring :sly:

And great 2nd half of track part PASM!

EDK
And well done by those next 2 guys, PASM and Mike, you were both almost 2 seconds clear of the next group. :crazy:

Thanks guys! I really enjoyed this one and the online event was epic as well. Here is my replay. Sorry for being late. It's PAL format.

I hope everything will be ok with your family Vagabond. Health is number one.

Edit: some bonus photo's :dopey:

Nürburgring Type V by GTP_PASM, on Flickr

Nürburgring Type V_1 by GTP_PASM, on Flickr

Attachments

• GTP_PASM_WRS54.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
The man is bringing me money for my mountain bike...I will then be on my way to the store to purchase my new PS3.👍

Should have my replay up this evening assuming my backed up save data is all in order.

Hate to do this on such a great lap :ill:

2---7'48.196---GTP_PASM
rflagnv1.gif

nrburgringtipovb.jpg

nrburgringtipova.jpg

Over Run Tarmac Beyond Rumble Strips, White Track Boundary Lines, or Cones in the GP section is not track (See Details in Pictures Below)

Tarmac Beyond White Line at the outside of Turn 4 (Trackside Left)

Sorry mate :nervous:

Ouch

And for me too. I got my new PS3 and apparently all of my save data ported, except for my replays. Guess I'm done for this week.

Last edited:
Damn, I checked as good as I could but didnt get this shot. I thought the rear tire went from the curb to just on the line. Seems like I was wrong. Sorry for submitting this.

Sorry for you PASM, that was a great lap.

And best of luck for you and your family Chris, WRS will miss you. :nervous:

Feel sorry for you aswell PASM :(.
Everybody take a look at the 2nd picture. If the Alfa was a premium car that photo could have been one of the best recorded 👍

Misplaced my damn USB key, as soon as I find it I'll post my long overdue replay, should be up in less than 24 hours.

Sorry for the delay, it's very easy to check though.

Attachments

• GTP_gooners_17.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Here is my NTSC replay (USA)
Sorry for the delay

Attachments

• GTP_Doggydong_Qualifier.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Definitely lost my USB key, if no one has checked doggydong's (:lol:) replay by tomorrow I'll borrow a USB and check it.

I'm someone.

3---7'51.852---GTP_gooners_17

11--8'10.307---GTP_Doggydong

3---8'12.162---GTP_RaceRyder

Times, tires correct. Splits (when applicable) match.

Thanks Daniel, that must have taken at least 24min to check all those. :dopey:

This thread will go into the archive soon, btcanon and danno001 can't provide replays due to broken PS3's. :(

Long live WRS. :gtplanet:

Back