GTP_WRS Week 54: Silver Village

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 155 comments
Quiet frankly I’m about to throw everything out the window with this. It’s driving me nuts. :banghead:

There are certain corners that under acceleration on exit the back end goes light and just swaps ends. I liken it to lift off oversteer with out the lift. I’m trying to tune this problem out but I’m getting Knowhere, I’ve tried different lines all sorts:mad:

Anyone have any suggestions??:confused:
Have you tried TC at 2? I can get away with almost anything with that and full DF...

Sounds very much like turn 3.

There’s 3 corners it has this phenomenon. I might be getting somewhere as using Ron’s tune and I have played with gears and appear to have a lot more stable car. Also taken Roamers advice and started using Tc at 2.

My updated sector 1&2 although not very quick I have just knocked a second out of sector 3 :D I have ran quicker first sectors with sub 30 on the first and around 26.5 the second

So now I have the car somewhat stable I just need to string 3 decent sectors together. Easier said than done :scared:

Jamie. 👍

A short track guide:
Sector one is brake a bit earlier then possible then coast into it a bit too fast, let it break by itself. Timing is the key. Keep it rolling until you hit the peak of the compression uphill. Full throttle. Pretty short shift up to 4th and 5th. Close line now. Keep it on the left lane and 4th gear in and 5th out of the righthander and keep it on the left side again. Full throttle. Switch to 7th gear when entering the final lefthander. Close exit there as well.
2nd sector is pretty much straightforward - brake short before the curb. 5th gear and as early as possible out there. Close to the right if possible exiting next turn. A short brake tab very close to where the track goes downhill. 6th gear. keep momentum. But still try to apply early throttle. Holding the following banked turn as close as you can. Pedal under the metal.
3rd: start braking late. Don’t know if 2nd and close or using track in 3rd gear is the key. Let it happen and do what seems better. Both versions added up to the exact same for me...
Full throttle and just a short lift while going up to 6th gear right before the apex into the uphill. Find a preparing line, brake on the very left of the track right before the entering curb starts and start coasting for the final left/right combo. throttle out. Done.
Sector1 vid:

Last edited:
A short track guide:
Sector one is brake a bit earlier then possible then coast into it a bit too fast, let it break by itself. Timing is the key. Keep it rolling until you hit the peak of the compression uphill. Full throttle. Pretty short shift up to 4th and 5th. Close line now. Keep it on the left lane and 4th gear in and 5th out of the righthander and keep it on the left side again. Full throttle. Switch to 7th gear when entering the final lefthander. Close exit there as well.
2nd sector is pretty much straightforward - brake short before the curb. 5th gear and as early as possible out there. Close to the right if possible exiting next turn. A short brake tab very close to where the track goes downhill. 6th gear. keep momentum. But still try to apply early throttle. Holding the following banked turn as close as you can. Pedal under the metal.
3rd: start braking late. Don’t know if 2nd and close or using track in 3rd gear is the key. Let it happen and do what seems better. Both versions added up to the exact same for me...
Full throttle and just a short lift while going up to 6th gear right before the apex into the uphill. Find a preparing line, brake on the very left of the track right before the entering curb starts and start coasting for the final left/right combo. throttle out. Done.
Amazing work Stefan :bowdown:
@The Grim Reaper Jamie call me Javier dude 👍

Turns 1, 3, and 7 are the worst corners I've ever experienced. There is no possible way to tackle these without spinning out in an instant :P
Lost a lot of time during S3. All in all there's 1.5 seconds in my time that I should in theory be able to gain. Only if I can get 1,3, and 7 correct...

Turns 1, 3, and 7 are the worst corners I've ever experienced. There is no possible way to tackle these without spinning out in an instant :P
Lost a lot of time during S3. All in all there's 1.5 seconds in my time that I should in theory be able to gain. Only if I can get 1,3, and 7 correct...

Ive found actually getting your foot down earlier helps with these corners. In others words take a brave pill :lol:

Welcome to the WRS, if you have any questions or need any help then please ask and we'll do what we can to assist :cheers:

Best advice I can give is you have to be brave, very brave with this car!

Had 2 more sessions since first splits and my optimal got better but still no idea how to do 29's in the 1st sector. :ouch: Last night I switched back to the stock/default gears @Meister Fetz Stefan suggested and liked that better than my silly 6spd idea. 👍 Shifting down 6 times from the bowl into the hairpin is a trip! :lol:

Back