GTP_WRS Week 55 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 107 comments
Thanks Dan wow you really went all out on the verifying this week. I will do yours now if you need your lap verified.

4---1'02.147---GTP_DDiamond
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Time and tires correct and clean as a whistle.

EDIT...................

Thanks for the replay review, Jack! 👍

Haha yes the last minute part was because I realized what time the time trial was ending about 30 min before the deadline. I was still doing the seasonal time trial on kart space.

Wow that is really impressive for a 30 minute session!

I must have really messed up T3 because my splits were
27.303 --- 17.259

Or RackAttack just did an epic T3 ;)

Time to do one before bedtime:

Mickey Mouse ears [mirrors] intact.:).vehicle specs, submitted & split times align.

Smooth lap!

GTP_BTCannon -

Got my name spelled wrong! that'll never work:lol:

Cut and paste this:

2---1'02.631---GTP_btcanon

Congrats to everybody, getting the Mini through that course wasn't easy!

To be honest I am gutted to see my T3 cost me a podium, it was my best T3 of the week and I would love to know how I could have gained time in there - possibly due to not getting great traction I think and smoking the left front each time, I was even adjusting BB and trying TCS on the fly this week but that didn't help either.

Gutted.

Here's my replay, nope it works... :nervous:

Attachments

• GTP_Toymdngn_wk55NTSC.zip
    196.8 KB · Views: 6
It was just 30 min before deadline that i found the right way to enter corner 1 .
It was a race against the clock , but did improve on my fastest lap.
Great fun this week , i think the lap is clean .

Cheers , Mops

Attachments

• london-reverse.zip
    195.5 KB · Views: 6
Congrats to all the winners and podium finishers of this difficult week.👍
I can't remember hitting the walls as often as in this week.

4---1'00.915---GTP_Manuelos

3---1'01.731---GTP_Tuesdaymops

1---1'02.418---GTP_Racingworld

2---1'01.100---GTP_Insatiable

Like RackAttack - it has one v.close moment on the same turn in T2, but I'm sure it's fine.

It was really very close. In one frame I couldn't tell if the mirror actually scratched the wall or if it was still a few millimeters away from the wall. I just couldn't get the right camera angle to be certain.

Here's my replay:

Attachments

• GTP_viper84 week 55 pal.zip
    194.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hmmmm... Can't get RackAttack's replay to work.... I really wanted to see that one.

Well done all podiums. Special mention to RackAttack and iGoFast for their first podiums finishes and the whole gang of D2 guys on D1 pace.

I really wanted to do a 1'00 lap but it wasn't to be.

2---1'01.100---GTP_Insatiable

It was really very close. In one frame I couldn't tell if the mirror actually scratched the wall or if it was still a few millimeters away from the wall. I just couldn't get the right camera angle to be certain.:

Thanks for the verify - I didn't think it was that close when I watched it back several times - I found that you couldn't make contact there without a noise, unlike the armco elsewhere on the track, but I guess you managed to pause it at a different point...who knows - I always saw 1-2 inches of fresh air on all my pauses!

Anyway, cheers for checking it, sorry it was a pain.... :nervous:

Remember that there can be slight differences in the views presented, when you compare a paused replay, to a photo mode preview, to an actual photomode photo. When reviewing close calls, the actual photo taken in photomode is the ultimate trump, so please take the few extra moments to take photos when reviewing close calls.

Just throwing it out there. 👍

Thanks for the verify - I didn't think it was that close when I watched it back several times - I found that you couldn't make contact there without a noise, unlike the armco elsewhere on the track, but I guess you managed to pause it at a different point...who knows - I always saw 1-2 inches of fresh air on all my pauses!

Anyway, cheers for checking it, sorry it was a pain.... :nervous:

On a city track like London the only way to be fast is to cut it close. The good thing about London is, that it's a short lap with two checkpoints. So your close call was about 10 seconds away from the last replay checkpoint. It took a few minutes to pause the replay at every relevant frame, but compared to other replays that took me over an hour to check, your replay was definitely not a pain to check.

Last edited:
I guess that is a question that I shouldn't have asked?

Last edited:
Congratulations to RaceAttack on the overall win, and all who submitted 👍

Div3 was tight this week, great compation was not to sure about my T3 but got lucky.

My PAL replay

Attachments

• GTP_Hasslemoff week 55.zip
    195.1 KB · Views: 7
Congrats to all the winners and podium finishers of this difficult week.👍
I can't remember hitting the walls as often as in this week.

4---1'00.915---GTP_Manuelos

3---1'01.731---GTP_Tuesdaymops

1---1'02.418---GTP_Racingworld
Thanks for checking, and the congrats, very happy with my first win in division five, was a close fight, and lots of fun. 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Massive congrats to all winners and div podiums! It's a very close week and T3 made a lot of difference!

Congrats on those great times guys!!! 👍

I checked his replay file and it's zipped in the correct way, so it should be fine to review by any of you NTSC guys ... and me :sly:

EDIT:
Just in case, here's the replay download and review guide.

I followed the guide, just as i had done with Dale's replay. I just keep getting a message about it not being encrypted... then it just shows corrupt data when I try it on the PS3.

I got the same message about the encryption and just answered it with 'yes'.
It's now un-encrypted on my USB stick, ready to be uploaded on the PS3 and imported into my NTSC copy of GT5.

Making the podium vids, I get those 'this-file-is-not-encrypted' messages at least once or twice a week when copying the replays to my USB stick.

Edit:
Imported into GT5 and ready to review now.

Last edited:
Rack's replay on vid.......................just happen to still have!!!

Enjoy!!

Thanks Dan! I've tried downloading it and putting it on to my thumb drive from 2 different computers and it's still showing up as corrupt data on the PS3... weird.

Sometimes using a different zip program can help with that, since the default one that comes with Windoze is a bit lame. I've used 7zip and WinRAR with success.

Congrats to everybody, getting the Mini through that course wasn't easy!

To be honest I am gutted to see my T3 cost me a podium, it was my best T3 of the week and I would love to know how I could have gained time in there - possibly due to not getting great traction I think and smoking the left front each time, I was even adjusting BB and trying TCS on the fly this week but that didn't help either.

Gutted.

Dave I was sorry to see this happen to you. It happened to me one week also.

I thought about it many times this week. I think about it every week since it happened, it helps me find time in the hidden sectors.:)

2---1'01.100---GTP_Insatiable (Replay Needed)
It's a good thing that you have had your replay verified, otherwise I would have questioned whether you actually ran the combo, or just copied the example time from the submission instructions in the OP :P.

Shame I didn't have time for this one, I like the short track/low powered arcade car combos...

Back