GTP_WRS Week 55 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 107 comments
Congratulations everyone! Another great week,thanks guys.👍

Here is my NTSC replay as requested.

Attachments

• GTP_otxjto_replayw55.zip
    196.5 KB · Views: 8
Congrats to all division winners and podiums!! It was a great week of racing, to be sure.

Special mention to Dale for his D4 win. Nice run!! 👍👍

Dave, I can feel your pain. :ouch:

Kudos to Jack and Matt! 👍👍

I will get my replay up sometime today.

4---1'06.632---GTP_kavu2003
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Now...After the first 90deg bend to the left, it looks clean, but from inside the car it definately sounds as if there has been a tail wag to the wall. But I can not see it so for the now, Your good:tup:

Thanks for reviewing. Based Gravitron's info I'll look again at that tonight. I've got no problem rescinding my submission if need be, want to keep it honest even at the bottom of the pile.

Nah, dont cancel your entry. Let someone more educated than me take a look, and make that decision. But I would say there is no visible contact so it looks good to me.

Here is my replay for checking - PAL format.

Should be an easy check :)

Dave I was sorry to see this happen to you. It happened to me one week also.

I thought about it many times this week. I think about it every week since it happened, it helps me find time in the hidden sectors.:)

Cheers Jack, one of those things!

Attachments

• GT5_WRS_Week _55_GTP_Davegeorge.zip
    194.4 KB · Views: 9
It's a good thing that you have had your replay verified, otherwise I would have questioned whether you actually ran the combo, or just copied the example time from the submission instructions in the OP :P..

Haha yeah, I wonder if anybody has actually submitted the example time before by accident. In this case, genuine!

Great run, RackAttack - though I reckon my turn 1 was better than yours! ;) (I'll ignore all the other turns where you were far better :D)

Why does the replay always look so much slower?

My replay as requested, my first time hope I've done it right

Cheers All

Attachments

• WKS_55_GTP_dougal-f1.zip
    200.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Chuk, why am I getting Btcanon's replay on your replay?

I want to see yours! :)

I've only had one martini. :scared: :crazy: :lol:

Because I'm an idiot with the computer acumen of a neanderthal!

btcanon's replay is there because I was determined to figure out how to download a replay all by myself. I never did succeed in that, but I did manage to erase everything on my USB drive! What can I say, I'm "gifted"!

I've read Speedy's guide so many times it's pathetic, but I still find a way to NOT achieve a comprehensive understanding of zipping/unzipping while renaming the folders. Every time you have watched one of my replays, it was sheer dumb luck that it worked.

I'm going to try again for a while tonight. If you see me post a replay, I hope you are as amazed as I will be!

Attachments

• ChukTriesAgain55.zip
    194.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems. But mine are before the zipping stage.

I'm trying to follow the instructions in the first post for saving the replay. When I got to "Saved Data Utility (PS3)" in the main menu, there is just a "GRAN TURISMO 5" save that "contains details of your progress through the game". Where do I find the individual replays?

Edit: nevermind, I have figured out how to export to save data. Sorry for the dumb question.

Last edited:
I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems. But mine are before the zipping stage.

I'm trying to follow the instructions in the first post for saving the replay. When I got to "Saved Data Utility (PS3)" in the main menu, there is just a "GRAN TURISMO 5" save that "contains details of your progress through the game". Where do I find the individual replays?

You need to go into GT5, put the cursor on the replay in the list of replays, hit Triangle, and select "Export to Save Data".

Once you do that, you can exit GT5 and the replay will be listed above or below your GT5 game save, which is what you're seeing now.

Because I'm an idiot with the computer acumen of a neanderthal!

btcanon's replay is there because I was determined to figure out how to download a replay all by myself. I never did succeed in that, but I did manage to erase everything on my USB drive! What can I say, I'm "gifted"!

I've read Speedy's guide so many times it's pathetic, but I still find a way to NOT achieve a comprehensive understanding of zipping/unzipping while renaming the folders. Every time you have watched one of my replays, it was sheer dumb luck that it worked.

I'm going to try again for a while tonight. If you see me post a replay, I hope you are as amazed as I will be!

:lol: Hang in there, Chuk :banghead:, we have faith. I'll check back in the morning!

I edited in a replay on my previous post. It looks to be the right size. We'll see. Thanks for the patience!
Speaking of patients, I'm going to doctor my mood with a new Black I.P.A. from Harpoon brewery. They make good stuff!! :cheers:

Thanks for reviewing. Based Gravitron's info I'll look again at that tonight. I've got no problem rescinding my submission if need be, want to keep it honest even at the bottom of the pile.

Nah, dont cancel your entry. Let someone more educated than me take a look, and make that decision. But I would say there is no visible contact so it looks good to me.

I had another look. I think it's clean so I'll stand by my submission. Glad you mentioned it though, gave me a chance to play with the photomode and figure all that out.
BTW I'm still new to GT5 (obvious in my times I think :lol:), is there a way of doing a slow motion advance or reverse once paused? Couldn't see it anywhere. And you mentioned before that you were inside the car, how did you do that?

Sadly, no slo-mo. Just the jump forward and jump back functions.

The Select button will allow you to change the camera view-point, both for driving and watching replays.

And just to be clear...you can't "rescind" a WRS submission, once you've submitted a time and the deadline has passed. Once results are out, the requested replays are either clean, dirty, or not submitted in a reasonable amount of time.

Participants need to make extra sure their laps are clean before submitting their times. 👍

All excellent clean runs....visual vehicle specs, name and times correct.

GTP_Chuk -

GTP_Toymdngn -

GTP_Sjstuart -

Here's my replay.

Attachments

• WRS_Week55_GTP_ConRollins.zip
    197.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Sorry for taking so long to post here, it has slipped my mind many times this week.
Congrats to all the podium placers and a good showing for Lou8ball in his first Div 2 event 👍

4---1'01.181---GTP_Davegeorge

5---1'01.236---GTP_viper84

1---1'01.582---GTP_Hasslemoff

10--1'03.610---GTP_dougal_f1

All four laps were very easy to check so thankyou for that.
davegeorge and viper really nice laps to watch, different styles but very similar lines and end result 👍
Nice lap Hassle only missed 1 apex but the rest of the lap made up for that and more on me :D
dougal_f1 not a bad lap by any means. The lines you have used are very good but through the 1st corner and the sweeping left in T2 3rd gear may have helped more than using 2nd, also the last corner you could have used 2nd. At a couple of points in the lap you are at the redline and for this car the optimal shift point is about 1000rpm lower. With a little work on your gear selection and shift timing I think you could have dropped a half-second or more without much trouble. :)

Attachments

• GTP_Jtv90069 Week 55 PAL.zip
    198 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back