GTP_WRS Week 56 : This One's for Our Brothahs from Down Undah

• Thread starter EDK
  • 193 comments
What upgrades did you do? Tranny settings?? I'm so far off your pace :/
For my current splits i was using stiggy's tune. For the tranny at first final gear to 5.000 then max. Speed to complete left, then adjust gears (1st longest and 6th shortest) unfortunately i don't know the exact numbers.

Just threw away a .4 at T3:ouch:
Slow down and wait til tomorrow when i can do another Session :D

First few laps with Stiggys tune. The stock gears work pretty well. Don't think it's a coincidence.

1'01.594
1'33.827

For my current splits i was using stiggy's tune. For the tranny at first final gear to 5.000 then max. Speed to complete left, then adjust gears (1st longest and 6th shortest) unfortunately i don't know the exact numbers.

Slow down and wait til tomorrow when i can do another Session :D
That .4 was with your tune btw.

just a default run, nothing changed except the oil and body rigidity.

I'm working on a tune, here are my gears for starters -

EDK Gears
Final far right, top speed far left. Then set -

Final =3300
The red light is starting to blink before I brake into the chicane at the end of the highest speed straight.

I already optimized all of the individual gears, including 6th. So if you want something that does not top out as soon, adjust the final to a smaller number/higher gear. 3200 would likely have you completely safe from hitting limiter, even in the draft of online racing.

EDK
You can see my avatar pic, I've driven down that corkscrew many times. And have been on other tracks with significant elevation, namely Sonoma/Sears Point, as well as Daytona, which is flat as a pancake, but the banking at the ends is 31 degrees and 4 stores from the ground.

The game on a 2D screen in your living room simply cannot give the sense of elevation change that exists on those tracks. And walking those tracks, or riding on a bicycle, is even more eye opening.

Having stood at the top of the corkscrew and also having walked the track at Bathurst many times, I can tell you they are very similar in elevation.
If you were to stand at the top of either and be given a slight "nudge" there is no way you would stop yourself before reaching the bottom.
Very impressive that drivers make it look so easy . . . .

Reactions: EDK
Having stood at the top of the corkscrew and also having walked the track at Bathurst many times, I can tell you they are very similar in elevation.
If you were to stand at the top of either and be given a slight "nudge" there is no way you would stop yourself before reaching the bottom.
Very impressive that drivers make it look so easy . . . .
I've ridden my bike up and down that, in the dead of night, with only mini flashlight to guide me. :lol:

EDK
Once we were back to the track, we started making last minute preparations on the car, and also had a plan to get a view of the track before the next day. We had brought some bicycles along with us to try and ride the track, but as it turned out, only 3 of the 4 were operable. We decided to go 2 at a time, and Ethan and I took the first shift. We rode down to the paddock entrance, half expecting the gate to be closed. But as it turned out, the gates were wide open. Even more interesting, all of the Skip Barber school cars and AMG Academy cars were just out in the open. There were probably 10 C63 AMG’s, and 4 or 5 SLS AMG’s, along with several other high dollar cars. :eek: After taking that in for a bit, we rode over toward the pit wall, to see if there was a way onto the track.

The first 2 fences we rode by, toward the exit end of the pits, were closed and locked. But then as we made our way down, the concrete wall cutout in the middle of the lane was wide open out onto the pit lane, so we started to make the 2.2 mile journey around the place. We checked out the narrow pit exit lane we would be using the next day, checked the rumbles for traction and height, got a good idea of the banking in some of the turns, and gained a better understanding of the elevation changes. I had to get off the bike and walk for a bit on the way up the Rahal Straight after turn 6, the elevation there is just immense. Then, from the top of the track, before the entrance of the corkscrew, I snapped this shot of the lights of Monterey and the ocean beyond. You really can’t see anything, but I’ll post it anyway.

2011-11-20_23-05-01_181.jpg

Riding down the corkscrew, then through 9 and 10 and into the pit entrance was quite a rush.

Here's the start of my tune. I don't know the track well, so I am still a bit off the pace, no splits yet. I really am not good at the track yet, so I'm sure both will evolve as the week progresses.

EDK Tune
RH 70/70
Springs 16.01/12.50
Dampers 1's around
ARB 7/6
Camber 1.5/0.5
Toe 0/-0.10
BB 2/4

Trans

Final far right, top speed far left. Then set -

Final =3300

LSD 8/28/10

Aero 500/530

You Bloody Ripper. I have been waiting for this one. Seeing as GTP_iddledoo and Phoenix1976 are in I will definately be chasing them this week. I have never managed to make it to the Mountain but I have been dreaming of it for a long time. I just wish i had put some more laps in around here in GT6. I used to flog this track back in the PS2 V8 Supercars game though so I hope it all comes back to me.

Ah, sorry, didn't know this. I'll post new ones when I'll have new times, this was just quick try and those times were just for orientation. Sorry one more time.

One of the most intertesting racetracks in the World.

Was invitet to race there back in 2006 but our team could not find the funding to transport team and car to the other side of the world :banghead:

one of my big dreams just passed me and i will never forget.

First 4 laps ran at 5:30 in the morning (real time). PB was lap 3.

1'02.185
1'33.985

Hi guys. This looks like a good week to get back into WRS. I havent competed since GT5.

Im using the same accounts as before so no changes other than GT6. Am I right in thinking I can jump straight in ?

Cheers.

Hi guys. This looks like a good week to get back into WRS. I havent competed since GT5.

Im using the same accounts as before so no changes other than GT6. Am I right in thinking I can jump straight in ?

Cheers.

EDK
Note for Previous Members of the GTP_Registry (Brand New Members Can Skip This):
  • If you are a prior registry member from GT5, but have not yet qualified/registered for GT6, some special attention may be required for your submission.
  • If you have the same GTPlanet Member name and intend to use the same PSN as in the past, you may just begin participating without taking the steps below.
  • If your forum name has changed, or if you intend to use a new PSN ID, you will need to request a change. Please communicate your request by starting a conversation with EDK, Vaxen, JoostBaksteen and Gravitron.
  • If both your forum name and your PSN ID will be different than in the past, you should follow the steps below.

If both your GTPlanet ID and PSN ID are the same, you can just start participating.

Welcome back 👍

Back