GTP_WRS Week 57 : Absolute Perfection

• Thread starter EDK
  • 85 comments
Probably not the thread for this post, and I should know better by now, being a Steward and all, but I really want to make this as public as possible.
It's not hard to figure out why people are usually surprised by the environment in WRS, online gaming communities are mostly toxic forums, where the uninitiated gets bullied by the experienced, and no help is provided whatsoever, a kind of every man for himself philosophy. WRS has always been a place where knowledge is shared and people are generous with rookies, sharing tips and advice with little regard for how this might affect one's chances against others. Over the eight years I've been a member I've seen many examples of this, and I'm proud of having become a part of the WRS team that works hard to keep it that way.
Now, probably without deserving it really, that generosity has reached me in a way I never in my wildest dreams thought possible. Kevin @EDK , and Jeff @suprajef, have decided they had enough of me driving everyone nuts with my wild DS4 driving :D and sent me this for Christmas...

20181227_172021.jpg

Can't think of a better way of paying testimony to what WRS represents than deeds like this. Generosity above and beyond what anyone could expect. So, Kevin, Jeff, thank you from the bottom of my heart :embarrassed:, hope I can some day be able to repay such an amazing gift and I'm really grateful for having friends like you guys :bowdown:

Probably not the thread for this post, and I should know better by now, being a Steward and all, but I really want to make this as public as possible.
It's not hard to figure out why people are usually surprised by the environment in WRS, online gaming communities are mostly toxic forums, where the uninitiated gets bullied by the experienced, and no help is provided whatsoever, a kind of every man for himself philosophy. WRS has always been a place where knowledge is shared and people are generous with rookies, sharing tips and advice with little regard for how this might affect one's chances against others. Over the eight years I've been a member I've seen many examples of this, and I'm proud of having become a part of the WRS team that works hard to keep it that way.
Now, probably without deserving it really, that generosity has reached me in a way I never in my wildest dreams thought possible. Kevin @EDK , and Jeff @suprajef, have decided they had enough of me driving everyone nuts with my wild DS4 driving :D and sent me this for Christmas...

View attachment 789010

Can't think of a better way of paying testimony to what WRS represents than deeds like this. Generosity above and beyond what anyone could expect. So, Kevin, Jeff, thank you from the bottom of my heart :embarrassed:, hope I can some day be able to repay such an amazing gift and I'm really grateful for having friends like you guys :bowdown:

Wow that's amazing man.
You will propably will be reported as a missing person for your environment within the next couple of months :lol:

It may take a while before you get used to this but the fun factor is soooo much bigger.
Good luck with the transition 👍
:cheers:

Wow that's amazing man.
You will propably will be reported as a missing person for your environment within the next couple of months :lol:

It may take a while before you get used to this but the fun factor is soooo much bigger.
Good luck with the transition 👍
:cheers:

Maybe they thought that he was getting to fast with the ds4 , so they desided to slow him down with a wheel :rolleyes:

View attachment 789010

Fantastic to see such generosity. Enjoy it 👍

Jamie :gtpflag:

I hate this combo simply because of that 🤬 bus stop. I have an optimal time 1.5 seconds faster than I’m averaging. I can’t seem to string a decent lap together. Bus stop doing me every time. I think yes I’m way ahead then BANG it strikes again. :banghead::banghead:

In other news, whoever suggested a minus brake balance needs a medal as it seems to allow the car to turn in better and overall gives a far quicker lap.

Here’s my latest splits by far no where near my optimal times as they are easily 600ths quicker

Grim (Very Grim) :D

I hate this combo simply because of that 🤬 bus stop. I have an optimal time 1.5 seconds faster than I’m averaging. I can’t seem to string a decent lap together. Bus stop doing me every time. I think yes I’m way ahead then BANG it strikes again. :banghead::banghead:

In other news, whoever suggested a minus brake balance needs a medal as it seems to allow the car to turn in better and overall gives a far quicker lap.

Here’s my latest splits by far no where near my optimal times as they are easily 600ths quicker

It's not an easy combo this one.You'll have to use every (legal) inch of this track and it's scary how much time you lose if you're not on the right spot on this track.
Good luck

Welcome back, if you need any assistance with anything then please ask.
Thanks Mike, everything is pretty clear.
You don't have to upload any file to fetchbot anymore but only share it after the deadline. (when asked?) I've already managed how to turn off the ghost, and that took me quite some time to find out.

Thanks Mike, everything is pretty clear.
You don't have to upload any file to fetchbot anymore but only share it after the deadline. (when asked?) I've already managed how to turn off the ghost, and that took me quite some time to find out.

Yes, no more fetchbot for the replays. Just check the results thread that is posted after the Monday deadline to see if you need to share 👍.

The new features and controls in GTSport take a bit of time to get used to but it's worth it in the end. This one is by far the best in the series IMO. Glad you are finding your feet again :cheers:

Nothing like setting good splits and then only improving by a few thousandths at the line... :banghead: I had a lap that would have been a couple tenths improvement if I hadn’t put an outside wheel onto the illegal part of the curb in turn 2, so I have some more time I want to find.

Back