GTP_WRS Week 57 : Absolute Perfection

• Thread starter EDK
  • 85 comments

Still time to find, I keep losing time in the second sector at the moment, just not braking early enough for the first turn in T2.
That corner is nothing but frustration, you have to brake surprisingly early and it’s so difficult to get just right, easy to run wide. It feels like the corner can be taken more aggressively but it has to be taken carefully. Definitely time to find all over the track, especially on certain corners like that one.

That corner is nothing but frustration, you have to brake surprisingly early and it’s so difficult to get just right, easy to run wide. It feels like the corner can be taken more aggressively but it has to be taken carefully. Definitely time to find all over the track, especially on certain corners like that one.
I am pretty much ready to admit defeat, it is so tough to put a lap around here together, there's at least a couple of tenths left for me but always mess up somewhere. I have seen 19.4s at t2 but the chicane saw me coming everytime :banghead::lol:

I am pretty much ready to admit defeat, it is so tough to put a lap around here together, there's at least a couple of tenths left for me but always mess up somewhere. I have seen 19.4s at t2 but the chicane saw me coming everytime :banghead::lol:
I know what you mean, that dirty lap I mentioned earlier when I posted my splits was a 19.0 at sector 2 and the only time I’ve really strung a lap together. Giving it a last ditch effort tomorrow, but I’m not sure I’ll get another lap like it because there’s almost always a mistake. :banghead:

0AC2054C-5476-4167-BF7C-2F4C802F5F4F.jpeg

Maybe I’m being a little pedantic about this, but I just want to be safe. The tire here is on the raised portion of the curb right next to the illegal part, which I believe is ok. Since I’m not entirely sure though, I’d like another opinion on whether it’s clean or not.

View attachment 789867
Maybe I’m being a little pedantic about this, but I just want to be safe. The tire here is on the raised portion of the curb right next to the illegal part, which I believe is ok. Since I’m not entirely sure though, I’d like another opinion on whether it’s clean or not.
The right front tire as shown here is clean.

That's not a free pass on the lap, just judgement on the photo you provided.

EDK
The right front tire as shown here is clean.

That's not a free pass on the lap, just judgement on the photo you provided.
Understood, thank you. I checked multiple times and it doesn’t get any closer than that, there’s always a good portion of the tire in contact with that raised yellow section, and I believe the lap is clean if that picture is clean.

Reached my goal so I’ll submit this one. This was a highly enjoyable combo and I did more miles than I’d probably like to admit. Good luck to everyone. :cheers:

Ah, just noticed in the new TT thread that Fetchy isn’t picking up splits. I guess it’s still somewhat useful to have them posted.

Ah, just noticed in the new TT thread that Fetchy isn’t picking up splits. I guess it’s still somewhat useful to have them posted.
Yeah, there's a problem with how the event loaded into the board, so Fetchy thinks we are past the deadline.

Seems like we have this issue every New Year, even with things in place to try and correct it.

So we had to get in touch with the guy who built the board to begin with, but have not heard back yet. Could be Wednesday due to the holiday.

EDK
Yeah, there's a problem with how the event loaded into the board, so Fetchy thinks we are past the deadline.

Seems like we have this issue every New Year, even with things in place to try and correct it.

So we had to get in touch with the guy who built the board to begin with, but have not heard back yet. Could be Wednesday due to the holiday.
No worries, I appreciate the work that’s done behind the scenes to make sure things are running as well as possible. 👍

I’ve submitted my time for this even though I think it’s properly 🤬. Not had the mojo to attack it like others as really haven’t enjoyed this one. It’s a shame I feel I’m letting myself down when not giving it the maximum effort. This one has forced me to play sniper elite 4 finding trophies, the game through over and over again. Oh well at least the next instalment of the WRS has my interest peaked :D

Jamie 👍

Had another go at this earlier and was really struggling to even get into the 40s at t1, don't know why I was finding it such an effort. Maybe it's the games way of telling me I'm at my limit.

Even my final sector is poor but because I know that I was unable to run the first 2 sectors.

Frustrating to say the least.... :banghead:

My lap is probably slowtacular, but that was actually fun. Feel like this car is a hidden gem, should drive it more often.

That was tough, congrats to all podium and division winners.

Saur that time is ridiculous :lol:

I didn't post my splits for this lap, does it matter?
I knew my final sector was quick because it was a PB, but I didn’t realize it was that fast! :eek: I didn’t think I’d win by nearly as much as I did, I would’ve thought half a second at most.

As for the splits, I’d say it’s always best to post them in the interest of fairness and parity, especially for the lap you’re submitting, but I’m personally not going to get upset over something like that.

That was tough, congrats to all podium and division winners.

Saur that time is ridiculous :lol:

I didn't post my splits for this lap, does it matter?

It does matter so if you could please ensure that any lap you submit matches your posted splits 👍

Back