GTP_WRS Week 57 : Going for the Gold!!

• Thread starter EDK
  • 82 comments
Gapping yourself compared to traffic is essential; the Z06 in particular for speed but also the 147 and Atenza are rolling chicanes. Get yourself some clear road and have a go.

Nah AI isn't the problem (because I'm going so slow I can barely catch up to them).
Something with my driving style, line, I don't know, my times get slower lap by lap (I've done nearly 150 laps so far). I'm struggling to get even 15 now...
I have the feeling it's how I take the final corner, but with a time as slow as that, there's much more wrong. I'm faster than this >.<

I had a strange incident tonight. i was catching an AI and when I hit the jump I saw I was going to jump into him, so I applied the brakes in midair and the car slowed down! :lol:

Edit: I've tried it a few more times, but it doesnt seem to work anymore. Perhaps it was my imagination.

Last edited:
I had a strange incident tonight. i was catching an AI and when I hit the jump I saw I was going to jump into him, so I applied the brakes in midair and the car slowed down! :lol:

Edit: I've tried it a few more times, but it doesnt seem to work anymore. Perhaps it was my imagination.

Hahahaha, bending physics are we? :sly:

I caught a bit of a break and got into range 10, still a bit low for what I want but it works for now, I'm not so disappointed.

Board initialised. I took the end of the range to score each on the board.

It's quite easy to overlook anyone's range so please harass me if you were overlooked.

Range 19 for me so far.

Last edited:
Board initialised. Looks like nothing this week so just look at order.

Also, it's quite easy to overlook anyone's range so please harass me if you were overlooked.

Range 19 for me so far.

I imagine it's a nightmare for the luxy guys :( *hugs*

I'm range 9 now btw :sly:

Annnnnd I'm done for the night, final exam tomorrow...

Last edited:
First 10 minute session and I achieved a range 10 lap time. Amazing lap times already from my D1 peers.

Just had my first run at this and so far managed a time in range 11.

Off for another crack at this combo now 👍

EDIT: Ran a few more laps and now have a time in range 10.

Last edited:
Range 8 (13.6 - 13.849) with some draft from an Atenza in the tunnel.

Final curve on the leadup lap to my best lap, I had 2 wheels in that gravel on the outside.
Later in this same session, I stopped and reversed (out of the way) to create a good run through the final curve to try 1 more hotlap in a big gap in traffic.
^ are these ok?

Range 8 (13.6 - 13.849) with some draft from an Atenza in the tunnel.

Final curve on the leadup lap to my best lap, I had 2 wheels in that gravel on the outside.
Later in this same session, I stopped and reversed (out of the way) to create a good run through the final curve to try 1 more hotlap in a big gap in traffic.
^ are these ok?

With traffic, it's sort of luck of the draw. So if you can create your own luck, have at it. 👍

Range 6.

Could maybe see a range 5 with a draft.

Hi everyone, I just have a quick question. I have sent my GTP qualifier replay to Jack a while ago but haven't heard anything from him yet- do I need to wait for him to review it before I can participate in these events?

Hi everyone, I just have a quick question. I have sent my GTP qualifier replay to Jack a while ago but haven't heard anything from him yet- do I need to wait for him to review it before I can participate in these events?

You're listed in the registry Krinkle so I guess you're good to go. Welcome to WRS and well done on an exellent placement :cheers:

Thanks sjaak, I did get a message from him about my placement, but he had asked for a replay and I was just not sure if I need to wait to hear if it has been cleared yet before I can participate in the event.

OK to start participating now. We'll let you know on your replay soon. 👍

Good use of the Prologue events Kevin.

Most of my runs need 4 laps to get by the troubelsome cars and on to the helpful cars.
Range 10 for me.

Range 8 after days of trying...Progress seems a bit slow for everyone this week x_X My feet hurt lol

Last edited:
First session behind and I'm at range 11. 01:14.350 to 01:14.599

MadMax

Hmm....I think the car is setup a lot differently in the event than in like time trials...
I pulled two range fours in a row on time trial with more room for improvement, something about this event car is sketchy lol. x_X Blah

Had another run this morning and after quite a few attempts I managed a time in range 9.

Think that's probably going to be my submitted time, good luck everyone 👍

Back