GTP_WRS Week 59 : Mid-Field Mazda Mania

• Thread starter EDK
  • 275 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Teamsreth my apologies. Hope everything turns out okay.

If you're looking for 24's... first corner in 3rd at 73-74 mph. Turn 3, stay in 3rd no braking, 105 mph is as low as you wanna go, shift to 4th just before turn 4.

Don't worry about it. I am supposed to be sleeping, but I want to be there with him. I am at home with the little one tonight, so my wife gets to be there for him.

The turn 3 in third is probably where i am going wrong for sector 1. I think I can clean up sector 2 alot though, so a 48 may be on there.

second run, BB 4/6 2 more personal goals awaiting :)

Nearing the limit already, can see a 24 T1 but @mcsqueegy 's 48 T2 seems like witchcraft at the moment.

No torque, where's the torque?

EDIT: Whilst following the ghost I was wondering what the lights were.
As it turns out they're to show the car following when it's braking, cruising or accelerating.

Mazda_RX500_rear_2009_Tokyo_Auto_Salon.jpg

Last edited:
Kev really deserves those bowdown's for this one. In about an hour's time he had picked the car, tested it, taken the pics and got the thread up, saving you all from some zany combos that the other admins and I had selected. ;)

@numbnuts70 when I first bought the car and heard it start up in the menu, I was instantly reminded of my old Honda CR500 two stroke dirt bike... back when helmets were for sissies and you could be king for riding the longest wheelie down the airport runway.

Car still looks like a prototype delorean.

Just managed a 24. 8xx. Now to work on sector 2. Sector 3 seems easy, but a good sector 2 will make the hairpin difficult.

Trying to work out where I am losing half a second in sector 2. I know I can be faster, but 100kms in, and no better there at all.

Swapped to manual gears, just to be nosey - only did a few clean laps but the difference is startling.

Where to are you regular manual user's changing up at?
I was holding to about 8.1/8.2.

Gaining 2mph (137 vs 135) over the line and better through the turn 3/4 and tunnel twin right plus better braking down to the tunnel hairpin.

2.2 tenths gain at the line.

Just a noob question before sleep. Is it really worth it to shell out 500.000 for this car? It would be my second TT but don't know if it would be better to wait for another one or give it a try with this.

Will this car be used in the future or just sit parked?

Last edited:
Just a noob question bevere sleep. Is it really worth it to shell out 500.000 for this car? It would be my second TT but don't know if it would be better to wait for another one or give it a try with this.

There are also online races for every TT combo on saturday/wednesday so lots of fun with every car, don't worry, is not that much those 500K, you can sell it after TT and races are done.

Edit: Look on them through link in my sig. :) The GTP WRS OE link

Just a noob question bevere sleep. Is it really worth it to shell out 500.000 for this car? It would be my second TT but don't know if it would be better to wait for another one or give it a try with this.

What kinds of cars do you normally like to drive? I use this one a lot for 500PP road car seasonal events. It punches above its weight, and is a lot of fun to drive.

Mid Engine, 50/50 weight distribution, only 850kg. Very stable with the long wheel base. Like a tamed Elise with a rotary.

EDK
What kinds of cars do you normally like to drive? I use this one a lot for 500PP road car seasonal events. It punches above its weight, and is a lot of fun to drive.

Mid Engine, 50/50 weight distribution, only 850kg. Very stable with the long wheel base. Like a tamed Elise with a rotary.

Gotcha. Gonna buy it tomorrow and go for a few days worth of TT. Thanks.

Make a back up of your save onto your usb. Buy the car, then run the TT. After you finish your session, load the back up back onto your ps3.

Didn't know that! Is that considered cheating? Serious question.
Nope, not cheating. Just using the tools available to get around PD's lack of good payouts and repetitive grinding for credits. A lot of us did the 1.0 credit glitch and still have millions of credits, also not cheating - just taking advantage of PD's mistakes. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back