GTP_WRS Week 59 : Mid-Field Mazda Mania

• Thread starter EDK
  • 275 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Bob' is the general name for your B-Spec driver. Go to the 24 minutes of Nurburgring in the Super events. Run it in B-Spec mode with an upgraded Rocket. Bob will win easily and you get $614K, so you can easily buy the car for the TT.

Tree'd.

I now run bob while I play elite dangerous. Not sure why, as I still have 38 million.

Wow, I just saw this combo, such a fun car at a favorite circuit of mine. 👍
I'm bummed I don't have time nor my wheel setup to TT this month.
Cool choice @EDK , you bring back some great memories of the SFGTP LAN parties. :cheers:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...hread-more-photos-than-results-as-yet.118252/

Ahh those were the days. I seem to recall my endurance racing technique consisted of driving really fast for a few laps and then crashing big, crawling back to the track and then doing it all over again. :dopey:

Also, I got this car for my birthday prize last year, because yep I was born in 1970. :cool:

Great combo 👍 so far my best has...

Seen some 24.7 T1's so just need to plug away, This car is wicked in stock form and super forgiving on those tyres :cool:

edit:

Last edited:
Splits after first session :

48.617 (lost over a tenth at 1st tunnel entry)

Brakes 2/5 , shifting up at almost the limiter & a bit earlyer when it's bumby , to avoid hitting the limiter.

Hitting 222 km/h / 138 mph at start of lap.

@Mr P , you need to re-post your latest splits so that Fetchy picks them up.

Had some great fun lapping an old favorite track in a surprising to-me-new car.
Splits coming up tonight, but being Captain Slow my t2 will be in the 51 region.

Another short sesh and an improvement of 0.4s at the line but all of that was gained at that bleedin' left before 'Takeaway Tunnel'.

Threw away a double .6 T1/2, panic braking, banging off the limiter on the entry to that grim hole.

Anyways, an improvement for today so I can't grumble too much.

One of the main reasons I got hooked on WRS: I would have never thought this car could be so much fun, or would have used it with CS for that matter. It has already been said but, Kevin, :bowdown:
That out of the way, new splits

.012 at the line, doing my best in last sector, going on full throttle from last corner before second tunnel, 221 at the line some 113 in first corner, cutting as much as i dare in corners 3-4 yet still 24 far away. Had not to much time today, maybe later this week

And I already hate this car. :banghead:

At first I thought my wheel was broken. What?!?! 4 gears?!?!

Anyway, think the lap is kinda dirty, and it was just a brief test.

Just out of curiosity, do you guys rev the beast right in the red? Cause it feels like she likes it, especially right at the top of the hill before the last straight.

Hello everyone. For those of you enjoying your time trials at Mid-Field raceway with the Mazda can you please take my survey.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1CNxXh7jLgwh9lRgA4jxhPZy3D_uECvCPXKxSCwy8P-o/viewform?usp=send_form

Before taking this survey I ask that you have completed the GTP_WRS Week 59: Mid-Field Mazda Mania event. The survey will ask for your fastest time at the course. I will not allow the results to be seen before the official results are out at the end of this week. I do not wish to ruin the event. I also will not ask proof of your times, however I ask that you remain honest with your times. You ill be kept anonymous and there is no way for me or anyone else to figure out who answers what in this survey.

I am a senior at Endicott College in Massachusetts and I am conducting a thesis about video games. I know everyone here shares a passion for video games, automobile racing, and GT6 . That is why I ask that you answer all questions honestly to allow me and my fellow peers to gain a better understanding about video games.

Please feel free to inbox me any questions you have. My email is also in the survey so if you wish to contact me there you can also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back