GTP_WRS Week 6 : 13 STarted Hatching

• Thread starter Vagabond
  • 639 comments
I was gonna try passing @Serialf / Francisco, but felt that would impudent, so I leave this TT as is.
It was a fun combo, and I learned a lot, about tuning, about my instincts, about gears, speeds and about how to avoid distractions. Driving blind is a lot of fun 👍.

Thank you guys - and a special thanks to @mickyevs / Micky for being fun and appreciative of some good and caring banter.

I manage to get through the first turn with almost no skid and find a fast line out of the hairpin: +.12. I take 1st T2 turn as shallowly as I have ever been able to take it and burst out with enough speed to get to 4th gear early. I cut the last turn of T2 well enough to stay in 4th: Holy crap, +.25. Now just don't...mess...up. AAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!! :banghead: :banghead:

That last turn is a harsh mistress.

I spent the rest of the weekend chasing that lap. I came close a few times, but not close enough. My best splits from the weekend:

Submitting with these. Now, on to picking out my race car for the parity race on Sunday. :)

Edit:
Splits above was get done after reading this:

Submission for week 6 is REJECTED!
Errors:
TransmissionKit setting is invalid

Okay... sometimes your mistakes helps you to improve.
:dunce:

Last edited:
So, having Brake Bias at high values does help to trail brake?
Valuable info

Actually what Patrick said was using a high rear bias helps, which means a much higher rear brake balance compared to the front. Higher front BB makes the car more stable under braking.

Running very high BB in total makes it harder to trail brake, running very low makes stopping distances longer. You have to find a middle ground depending on car and tire.

Actually what Patrick said was using a high rear bias helps, which means a much higher rear brake balance compared to the front. Higher front BB makes the car more stable under braking.

Running very high BB in total makes it harder to trail brake, running very low makes stopping distances longer. You have to find a middle ground depending on car and tire.

Thanks for explaining.
I aways set my BB without ABS, but I didn't figure that high BB #s at back could help trail braking.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I am just now after 2 years starting to feel the difference in the way a car handles by changing the settings. All I knew on this TT, was that using the brakes helped the car turn in faster, than waiting for the car to turn on its own. I am a total novice to noticing what the car feels like, and what to do to correct it. I still don't get some of the things you faster guys notice, but hopefully I am getting there.

By the way for this TT, I used Chris's tune with a 2/9 rear brake bias. I noticed most of the tunes had a fairly high rear bias. I tried it and it seemed to help.

O

Last edited:
Thanks for explaining.
I aways set my BB without ABS, but I didn't figure that high BB #s at back could help trail braking.

It helps the rear of the car rotate and slide, so you can get your car pointed straight faster, which lets you accelerate out of the corner faster. Very important for Time Trials.

For online racing, you may change it for tire wear and car control (if necessary).

Submitting with the following

My seat and TV only turned up Thursday, so not put too much time in. Just started to nail t1 thought.can just about see a 20.9xxx
T3 was awful though!

DTM
That's enough guys :D

Unfortunately, I won't be able to run the combo anymore today so I'll have to submit. I don't think my T3 will be a winning one, but I'll be happy with a podium considering the speed that Spud and firstmivec have. Also Bart, sickening sector 2. 24.800?? :drool:

Just submitted, identical splits to the ones I've already posted, slightly faster T3. Saw a .7 T1 and a few high .9 T2s, but I've hit the reasonable limit for my current skill level. If I go any further I get headaches and feel drowsy. :lol:

Edit:
Splits above was get done after reading this:
Submission for week 6 is REJECTED!
Errors:
TransmissionKit setting is invalid

I had the same problem/blessing. I then saw that we were only allowed one Transmission upgrade and not a Full Transmission upgrade. Ran another session and improved by almost .2...:D

GTP-WRS GT6 Week 6: 13 STarted Hatching
Arcade Mode Time Trial Hot Lap
Ford Focus ST '13
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit (UK)
DS3

Splits:

0'21.888
0'37.688

GTP_DeathStar :cool:
USA

Back