GTP_WRS Week 61 : How Would You R8 Your New Years?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 177 comments
Has anyone seen Struppi's world record at this track? It is abysmally appalling, amazed he didn't get numerous penalties, especially the 2nd to last corner.:rolleyes:

I've watched a large number of the top 10 replays on this one and I have to say this must be the dirtiest top 10 out there - I really don't think its possible to run a WRS clean lap and set a time close to those given what I've seen.

Anyway, after about 20 laps tonight the splits from my fastest lap are:

I've seen faster splits and only one sub 58 T2 which was a dirty lap anyway - after about 3 or 4 laps I was turning in overall times very consistently lap after lap so I may have peaked on this one already. I need work in just about every sector out there on this one but I don't know if I'll have time to do that at the end of this week. I think my problem is that silly little aero-spoiler that keeps sticking up in the back of the car slowing me down - does anyone know which button to push to stick that thing down permanently? :lol:

Where's that tenth in the first sector when I need it.:dunce: Dropped about a tenth from apexing too early in the 2nd to last corner this lap, which as you can guess also caused me to run rather wide and I came as close as you dare like to having a dirty lap.:lol: Maybe 2 tenths all in all left. (But I probably won't find them :sly:)

T1- 22.658
T2- 57.564

I managed to put together a CLEAN and fast lap. I had better T1's that were still clean but didn't knew how to replicate them and ruined the rest of the lap. I think i got one at 0'23.470.

New splits:

T1: 0'23.229
T2: 0'59.506

I gotta say, very enjoyable combo. I've always loved this car, but its ability to make me not be the only one in the board makes me want to marry it :lol:.

Last edited:
Every lap in the top 10 is dirty. Makes it very difficult to get a reference point to start with

And an update for me:

T1: 22.852
T2: 58.618

Not completely satisfied, it just felt really slow. Don't know if I'll find the time to do another session this week...

Got some advice from a friend, hoping to have quite some improvement next go.:)

Fun drive Kevin.
First attempt.
I need to sort out which gears to be in throughout the lap, I keep dropping down a gear where I shouldn't be.

Some good T2's coming in 👍 Will be really good to see the end results, as T3 can make a break your lap :sly: Having found that out on previous WRS's :ouch:

I think I hear a click, click .....boom coming up shortly ;) not pointing any fingers or elbows :lol:

I think I hear a click, click .....boom coming up shortly ;) not pointing any fingers or elbows :lol:

What, regarding divisions? Yeah, I see some D3 guys punching above their weight too.............:P:lol:

Only a few tenth faster at T2, but over 2 second at the line. :eek:

Still slow as hell, but starting to at least feel a little more comfortable with the wheel. :dopey:

Thank you so very much.
I'm even slower then hell T2: 0'59.6

You have to know that Niels was a D2 driver in GT4 WRS to understand his frustration with his current speed. (Or lack thereof). The adjustment to Prologue Physics and the wheel will do that to you. :P

I'm getting faster, although i'm not satisfied yet.

Dang, I was thinking I had beaten a Div 3 :lol:.

Anyway, sadly, I have to go for the weekend (:ouch:) the same week I find the most amazing and CarBastard-friendly combo. It's the first time in the WRS I'm not last and it's also the first time I've noticed improvement troughout my practice. Great combo Kevin 👍. I love the R8, it's just G-R8!!!

Submitting with this splits:

T1: 0'23.147
T2: 0'59.437.

Good luck everybody, and happy new year :cheers:.

EDIT: It appears that the board shows me as GTP_ARP93 with no division and GTP_CarBastard with my old splits (which weren't that great, were just wrongly written), I already told Jack about my tag being wrong in the registry but I've had no answer from him.

Last edited:

I obviously have problems with the first turn. I do have a few laps with a first split that is more than 2/10 better so there's much more in there.

Last edited:
First turn is tricky, I had a .6 dead, but not been able to get within a 10th of it.

EDIT: It appears that the board shows me as GTP_ARP93 with no division and GTP_CarBastard with my old splits (which weren't that great, were just wrongly written), I already told Jack about my tag being wrong in the registry but I've had no answer from him.

I got you fixed up. 👍

The leaderboard only looks at the divisions once per day, so it will take a little while for it to be corrected on there.

I obviously have problems with the first turn. I do have a few laps with a first split that is more than 2/10 better so there's much more in there.

Very nice T2 - I think our resident Div 2 alien, oh, let's call him Paulie without naming any names, is putting up incredible T2's for a Div 2 racer - I'm thinking a 57.7 is gonna be near my limit on this and that's with a fairly decent T1.

I have absolutely NO idea what I'm doing wrong in sector 2 - there are 3 fairly technical turns in it so I can't help but wonder if I get lucky and nail 2 of them each lap but completely screw up the other. Can one of you Div 1 guys give some pointers for the turn just after T1, the long sweeping right hander, and the sharp left just starting the long run down to T2? Hearing it might not help me actually do it but at least I'll have something to try.

Thanks!

But my T2-T3 was accurately negotiated, reasonably happy with it, its a tricky combo thats for sure, the car easily understeers, especially at the left before T2, damn that corner is difficult, seen .4's at T1 and .3's at T2, nice splits PASM!

Thought I'd give it try.

small update

Last edited:
Very nice T2 - I think our resident Div 2 alien, oh, let's call him Paulie without naming any names, is putting up incredible T2's for a Div 2 racer - I'm thinking a 57.7 is gonna be near my limit on this and that's with a fairly decent T1.

I have absolutely NO idea what I'm doing wrong in sector 2 - there are 3 fairly technical turns in it so I can't help but wonder if I get lucky and nail 2 of them each lap but completely screw up the other. Can one of you Div 1 guys give some pointers for the turn just after T1, the long sweeping right hander, and the sharp left just starting the long run down to T2? Hearing it might not help me actually do it but at least I'll have something to try.

Thanks!

Would a tip from me be worth anything or bollocks?:lol: For the long right hander, I roll out of the throttle early, no brakes, and sort of stay near to the inside line, I don't run very wide at all. I also change back to 3rd as soon as I can do so for engine braking (but if you're bouncing off the limiter you'll get no engine braking and run wide). I wouldn't be surprised if the real aliens stay in 4th though.:sly: Also wouldn't be surprised if they take the corner differently.:lol: But hugging the inside is something I've just always done ever since the max PP Viper/Tuned WRS at Fuji F, because it's always worked for me.:)

Would a tip from me be worth anything or bollocks?:lol: For the long right hander, I roll out of the throttle early, no brakes, and sort of stay near to the inside line, I don't run very wide at all. I also change back to 3rd as soon as I can do so for engine braking (but if you're bouncing off the limiter you'll get no engine braking and run wide). I wouldn't be surprised if the real aliens stay in 4th though.:sly: Also wouldn't be surprised if they take the corner differently.:lol: But hugging the inside is something I've just always done ever since the max PP Viper/Tuned WRS at Fuji F, because it's always worked for me.:)

Thanks Paulie, I'm gonna give this a try next time - I had been staying in 4th at the long righthander and then 3rd at the sharp left before I watched several replays (however, since switching to a 3rd and then 2nd combo I've never seen a 58 flat T2 again so now I'm starting to wonder about your comment) - and I think I am staying on the gas too long at the start of the long righthander and building up way too much speed.

New splits, may end up submitting with these even though I have a pretty good T3 the lap is probably still slow.:sly:

T1: 22.579
T2: 57.450

EDK
I got you fixed up. 👍

The leaderboard only looks at the divisions once per day, so it will take a little while for it to be corrected on there.

Nice :) I've just merged all the data from GTP_CarBastard in the GTP_ARP83 account :) So it should all be ok now :)

I had been staying in 4th at the long righthander and then 3rd at the sharp left - and I think I am staying on the gas too long at the start of the long righthander and building up way too much speed.

My best run through the right hander was in 4th taking it as 1 radius ( tight to start and end with running a lane wider in the middle) around 90 - 92 MPH.
That is enough speed to stay in 4th.
You need to be tight on the exit or your screwed.

Brake early for the left so you can rotate the car and accel without worrying about understeer.
Too late or too fast and I'm fighting the understeer throughout the corner.
Getting this correct (early exit) is very important to a good T2.

Like Paulie said, I'm no D1 driver, but it's feedback to ponder.

Finally found the time for a decent 12 lap sitdown.

Board upda.... oh no, that's history now :)

First WRS splits with the wheel for everyone to have a laugh at

T1 - 22.921
T2 - 58.733

Back