GTP_WRS Week 61 : How Would You R8 Your New Years?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 177 comments
Here some new splits as well:

T1: 22.497
T2: 57.520

My best T1 ever, only to stuff T2 up nicely :banghead:

Managed to improve a bit, finally tying a decent 3rd sector to splits that I'm capable of.

I can see picking up another couple tenths, will be back before deadline.

Ok, after running away with last weeks dunce award (using the wrong color), I thought I would just put out a quick reminder that this is the GT configuration of Fuji and NOT Fuji F - I've been running Fuji F all week which is very much the same for T1 and T2 but a load different in the final sector (no hairpin). Just trying to save someone else the embarassment that I almost stepped in. Cheers!

Ok, after running away with last weeks dunce award (using the wrong color), I thought I would just put out a quick reminder that this is the GT configuration of Fuji and NOT Fuji F - I've been running Fuji F all week which is very much the same for T1 and T2 but a load different in the final sector (no hairpin). Just trying to save someone else the embarassment that I almost stepped in. Cheers!

No more beer for you. ;)

:lol: :dunce: We need to give you an award for these 👍

:D

I've tried hard today, but I think I may have to give up hopes of my perfect lap. :(

Ok LP...thats the gold trophy for you for sure this week...:cheers::cheers:

But its the collor of beer i think...:sly::):):)

lol.

spy.

Guess what! :ill:
I already submitted the -wrong- times. But in my case it won't matter :dunce:
So the embarassment is mine!
aaaachhhhh

Another question:
Tho OLR says: "Your run must be done while being OFF LINE"
??? How are you supposed to do this? Log off your account? Or? And what's the use of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, if you go to 'Account Management' and press the triangle button, you can log out of your account. The reason for this is so that your laptime does not show in the online rankings, giving the final WRS laptimes some mystery and excitement.

Finally broke into the 58's bearing Kevin's excellent driving style remarks in mind 👍

... and .8 off at the s/f.

aaaachhhhh

WHAT have YOU been drinking over New Years !? :lol: I want some of that! :P:cheers:

Edit: Oops, hello Exstense.... just noticed I quoted your post, thought this was also written by Lin, in that case my post would have been ok LOL, but in your case I didn't want to be offensive to you.

Last edited:
Yes, if you go to 'Account Management' and press the triangle button, you can log out of your account. The reason for this is so that your laptime does not show in the online rankings, giving the final WRS laptimes some mystery and excitement.

Can that be done while already in game? I use the downloaded GT5p which we all know can't start while offline so I'd never thought to go offline purposely after it started. 'luckily' for me my time only good enough for 100+th so it's still a mystery.. :) plus I already submitted a time 1 sec slower than what I was finally able to achieve

Ok, after spending most of the day enlarging my trophy case for dunce awards I have these splits to report:

Still some left over so will give it a few more tries. I can see doing a 57.5 or .6 but along with a nice final sector could be very challenging.

aaaachhhhh

Another question:
Tho OLR says: "Your run must be done while being OFF LINE"
??? How are you supposed to do this? Log off your account? Or? And what's the use of it?

Hi - Please use the edit button rather than double posting. In this case, you posted, and then were the next person to post again, 11 minutes later. If someone replies before you have something to add, it's OK to make a new post. I've merged your posts together.

As far as your lap submission, since this was clearly an error and not a case of submitting and then improving your time, OK to submit again to Vaxen.

And I believe Animera properly answered your "OFFLINE" question.

Submitted with the splits on the board.

See you guys again in week 63. I'll be skippin' next week as I don't own the F1 and I only got about 24,000 cr. :dopey:

I just tried my 15 laps session and these are my splits:

Probably I can improve a bit tomorrow :mischievous:

I'm getting faster everyday, improved my best laptime by more than a second today.

I saw a 22.691 at T1 before screwing up at the next bend.

But my new splits with a decent overall time:

Don't think I can bring myself to do another session so I'm submitting with the splits on the board.

That's me done, submitted with splits on the board. Very frustrated with this, had a few .550s in T1 that I didn't capitalise on, which is a shame, as I could've been a good .2 quicker at the line, maybe even .3. Which is a huge amount of time.

Ah well, see you in Week 63 hopefully, not got the F1.👍

Though I'm chuffed to be within .6 of the leaders in a nigh on minute of a lap!

Latest splits:

Fairly good final sector so this might have to be what I go with unless I get one more shot. I find it really difficult to sit down with this one and start putting in good times right away. With this combo, I generally have to run about 10 or 15 laps before getting into a decent rythym with this beast. I really don't know why Audi even bothered putting a steering wheel in the car because its about as useful as tits on a bulldog. :lol:

Latest splits:

Fairly good final sector so this might have to be what I go with unless I get one more shot. I find it really difficult to sit down with this one and start putting in good times right away. With this combo, I generally have to run about 10 or 15 laps before getting into a decent rythym with this beast. I really don't know why Audi even bothered putting a steering wheel in the car because its about as useful as tits on a bulldog. :lol:

That's pretty close to mine, could be a tight finish.;) Nice splits.👍

I managed to get some better splits than this but not better final times,so I submitted with these splits:

Submitted now, my splits are:

This is my first WRS, I hope I can do better next times :gtpflag:

Submitted with splits last posted. Have not had time to have another run and wont have time before the deadline.

Not very satisfied with my T3 but oh well.

Good luck to everyone 👍

Submitted with these splits:

T1: 23.054
T2: 58.769

Slower then those on the board but 0.4 faster at the line. Today almost every lap was faster at T2 but worse at the finish line :(

Back