GTP Race Admin
United States
Sunnyvale, CA
GTP_Vaxen

ps3logokl4.jpg

:: GTP_Weekly Race Series ::

gtpdk9.jpg

Week 64 :
So, An Elephant Walks Onto a Race Track..............
Results

IMG_1304.jpg

Mercedes SL 55 AMG '02

highspeedring0ahb1.jpg

High Speed Ring

IMG_1306.jpg

Steward's Comments:

Very tight competition this week, with 1'08 spanning all 4 divisions.

Cheers,

OLR Team.

Important notices:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all required replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" once all posted replays have been verified. After 7 days, all drivers who fail to provide a requested replay will have their lap disqualified. (Beware, disqualification isn't taken lightly within the WRS)
Drivers who do not have a submitted lap posted in the results are not to post any information related to a laptime they might have achieved in the results thread. Any such posts will have the times removed.

Replay Verification Requests:
This week we would like to see all podium replays for verification. All replays are to be posted here.

Instructions on how to upload your replay can be found here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3180607&postcount=2

Division 1:

1---1'07.849---GTP_Animera
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'07.956---GTP_DEVIE
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'07.997---GTP_CRAZYTORTISE
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'08.034---GTP_Paulie
5---1'08.082---GTP_Ren831

Division 2:

1---1'08.035---GTP_LinPark
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'08.128---GTP_Anghammarad
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'08.347---GTP_rmk700
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'08.382---GTP_Kakumaki
gflagjn4.gif

5---1'08.506---GTP_zed300
6---1'08.564---GTP_MaxAttack
7---1'08.606---GTP_Vince_Fiero
8---1'08.649---GTP_Crispy74

Division 3:

1---1'08.156---GTP_Frantic
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'08.333---GTP_MadMax86
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'08.429---GTP_Spiff
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'08.522---GTP_Mav3r1cK
5---1'08.648---GTP_demond
6---1'08.700---GTP_Roomboter
gflagjn4.gif

7---1'08.771---GTP_01GTP
8---1'08.778---GTP_Niss_man
9---1'08.821---GTP_OnlyMe
10--1'08.843---GTP_Nuclearfire
11--1'09.051---GTP_DGiant2000
12--1'09.101---GTP_Hinklor
13--1'09.398---GTP_CaptainRoh

Division 4:

1---1'08.508---GTP_Andy2125
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'08.565---GTP_Eriba
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'09.476---GTP_NielsG
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'09.582---GTP_iCyCo
5---1'09.931---GTP_Marooned
6---1'10.018---GTP_ARP93
7---1'10.371---GTP_Bridgepin
8---1'10.842---GTP_Steven
9---1'11.758---GTP_Voltaic
10--1'15.829---GTP_Fourustwentius
gflagjn4.gif

IMG_1301.jpg

Overall Results:

1---1'07.849---GTP_Animera
2---1'07.956---GTP_DEVIE
3---1'07.997---GTP_CRAZYTORTISE
4---1'08.034---GTP_Paulie
5---1'08.035---GTP_LinPark
6---1'08.082---GTP_Ren831
7---1'08.128---GTP_Anghammarad
8---1'08.156---GTP_Frantic
9---1'08.333---GTP_MadMax86
10--1'08.347---GTP_rmk700
11--1'08.382---GTP_Kakumaki
12--1'08.429---GTP_Spiff
13--1'08.506---GTP_zed300
14--1'08.508---GTP_Andy2125
15--1'08.522---GTP_Mav3r1cK
16--1'08.564---GTP_MaxAttack
17--1'08.565---GTP_Eriba
18--1'08.606---GTP_Vince_Fiero
19--1'08.648---GTP_demond
20--1'08.649---GTP_Crispy74
21--1'08.700---GTP_Roomboter
22--1'08.771---GTP_01GTP
23--1'08.778---GTP_Niss_man
24--1'08.821---GTP_OnlyMe
25--1'08.843---GTP_Nuclearfire
26--1'09.051---GTP_DGiant2000
27--1'09.101---GTP_Hinklor
28--1'09.398---GTP_CaptainRoh
29--1'09.476---GTP_NielsG
30--1'09.582---GTP_iCyCo
31--1'09.931---GTP_Marooned
32--1'10.018---GTP_ARP93
33--1'10.371---GTP_Bridgepin
34--1'10.842---GTP_Steven
35--1'11.758---GTP_Voltaic
36--1'15.829---GTP_Fourustwentius

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Replay Checking:

1. It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
  2. Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
  3. When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
  4. If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

Last edited by a moderator:
1 second covering the first 25 placings. Great choice EDK 👍
Well deservered podiums all round.

was very close this week... not seeing GTP_dranddad... didn't he submit

He is GTP_Eriba. I'm thinking Andy and Phil are do for a promotion - they are barrelling way into the Div 3 ranks. :eek:

I only wish I had stuck with Paulie's tune earlier - I know I had a 1'07.xxx in me and boy would that have put me in good company!

Congrats to all winners and podiums! Very nice job by Animera taking another event.

Oh well, here is my PAL replay.

Attachments

• GTP_LinPark_WRS64.zip
    96.3 KB · Views: 11
oh... thought u were only allowed one GTP tag

Well, I don't think he has a GTP_dranddad tag - your name on the forum and your GTP tag don't necessarily have to match.

Well, I don't think he has a GTP_dranddad tag - your name on the forum and your GTP tag don't necessarily have to match.

ok..it's just that I see him on the leaderboards as GTP_dranddad & my forum id is iCyCo but on the leaderboards it shows as GTP_iCyCo....

GTP_Dranddad has a record in Week 63

I was using him and A_vettle as a measuring stick for now but dude just flying now I expect him to be DIV 3 very soon

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬!!!!!!

A 6th place in my Division!!!!!!! Marry me Mercedes!!! Marry me!!! :D

Congratulations to all winners, I hope everyone feels as proud with the results as I do :cheers:.

Congrats to all podiums 👍

Here is my replay.

GTP_LinPark is clean and green

@ iCyCo: There is no registered member here as GTP_Dranddad. Its just the way his name was put to make it easier I suppose. He has a Dranddad PSN account but his GTP tag is GTP_Eriba

Attachments

• WRS 64.zip
    103 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Still not impressed by my lap time, but at least I stayed ahead of the other divisions.:lol:

I thought you said I should be in D1 and not you LinPark, you matched my time this week.:P

Congrats all podium finishers especially Animera. I already had a feeling my time this week wouldn't hold up against Animera,as i could see where i was losing time in my lap. Had an absolute ball though,with a great choice of combo. Go Mercedes!

I'm seeing him 0.001 seconds away from me :nervous:

WOW how close are all these lap times, I've still not got the best out of the High Speed Ring but at least I know where to be concentrating the next time we find ourselves here.

Well done to all the podiums

:cheers:

Last :(. *sigh* To be expected I suppose. Didn't put in enough effort this time. Didn't use the tune either. No disrespect to anyone but I thought it was a little cheaty. Tried my own set up and, well the result kind of speaks for itself. I really don't understand all the tuning aspects yet, need to experiment.

Really interesting leaderboard though, so close!! I wonder how much time was in the tune and how much was left on the track? Looking forward to next week, I will not be last this time :). Hnyah!

Well done to all the divisional winners and podiums. 👍
I was quite chuffed this week as I started with a stock car and tuned it as I drove my laps to suit my driving style. I did have a look at Paulie's tune and changed my rear toe as a result, thanks Paulie. :)
Here is my replay.

Attachments

• GTP_Animera_WRS_64.zip
    101.4 KB · Views: 17
Thanks, guys, for a really nice turnout on the first week to include tuning for a while. :)

This is the first one I've missed since taking over as steward. I was a bit preoccupied with the demo, and HSR is not my favorite. I did enjoy lugging the elephant around here, but could not put in the time to get a time I would be happy with.

Congrats to Animera for the overall win, and to LinPark for an impressive D2 finish. And of course congrats to Frantic, for topping D3.

As for Andy and Phillip, I have some news for both of you over in the promotion thread. :mischievous:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3731959&postcount=609

:cheers:
Kevin

Here's my replay. First time uploading a replay so please let me know if it worked.
Thanks all.
Spiff

Attachments

• GTP SPIFF WRS Week 64 NTSC BluRay.zip
    118.2 KB · Views: 11
Woohoo, silver again. 8:th podium in my last 9 WRS starts now. :)

Had it nor been for Lin, in the final hours of the week, accepting that Paulie is a very capable tuner I might even have won this one as well. :D

I used Paulies tune with modifications to brakes (6/6) and rear toe (-0,25). Cheers to Paulie for his continued efforts for the good of the community 👍

Congrats to all podiums and especially Animera who seems to have climbed yet another step up on the speed ladder.

Congrats to all podiums. :cheers:

Also congrats to Andy and Phillip for the well deserved promotion. 👍

Finally thanks to Paulie for sharing his setup. 👍

Still not impressed by my lap time, but at least I stayed ahead of the other divisions.:lol:

Yeah yeah... rub it right in!

Congrats to all podiums, and to the elite 07.XXX lappers.

Not happy with this week, not cause I got last again in my Div or been beaten by a "lower" Devision driver (congrats Lin!, awesome lap buddy, we'll see you in Div 1 not long from now I bet).... no, not happy cause I couldn't put a 07 together myself. Had the potential, saw several "red" 07s, had to submit a lap leaving a tenth on the road it the dreadful last corner :ouch: Bet I'm not alone in that point :lol:

Summary: learned a lot again, appreciated a combo that I thought would be gut-turning. Thanks Kev!

And congrats to all promotions! Well deserved. I am especially happy for Phillip, it's awesome to see your progress mate! :cheers:

I forgot to submit my time... :ouch: Ah well... I've enjoyed this combo. Thanks Kevin, and thank you to Paulie for the tune 👍

Thanks heaps to everyone for the very kind words, not sure if I've ever had such high praise in a single week of WRS for one of my tunes.:embarrassed:

Yeah yeah... rub it right in!

Congrats to all podiums, and to the elite 07.XXX lappers.

Not happy with this week, not cause I got last again in my Div or been beaten by a "lower" Devision driver (congrats Lin!, awesome lap buddy, we'll see you in Div 1 not long from now I bet).... no, not happy cause I couldn't put a 07 together myself. Had the potential, saw several "red" 07s, had to submit a lap leaving a tenth on the road it the dreadful last corner :ouch: Bet I'm not alone in that point :lol:

Summary: learned a lot again, appreciated a combo that I thought would be gut-turning. Thanks Kev!

And congrats to all promotions! Well deserved. I am especially happy for Phillip, it's awesome to see your progress mate! :cheers:

Oh no, sorry mate you mis-interpreted me, I wasn't laughing at you for not beating Lin, I was laughing at myself since now I'm in D1 a higher standard should be expected of me, just glad I didn't get hammered left right and centre.:) Like you though, that elusive 1'07.xxx didn't happen for me this week, despite having the ability to have done it.

Oh no, sorry mate you mis-interpreted me, I wasn't laughing at you for not beating Lin, I was laughing at myself since now I'm in D1 a higher standard should be expected of me, just glad I didn't get hammered left right and centre.:) Like you though, that elusive 1'07.xxx didn't happen for me this week, despite having the ability to have done it.

LOL, no worries buddy, no offense taken! (there's no capacity left to take offense from anybody anyways as I'm already fully occupied clubbing my wheel, desk, whatever with my head on my own) :lol:

I'm happy to hear you appreciate the feedback on your tune. That's important because the few gifted tuners we have must be supported in this way, it's the least and and at the same time all we can do! That way you guys might stick with it and all the people useless at tuning, like me, can profit.

I didn't use your setup directly, but even with CT and my own mix in between and thus 2 mods the root is still somewhat based in your tune. You've done one really good thing for me: for the very first time I have tried neg rear toe, made all the difference! Ren sais thanks!

Thanks for the kind words guys.

My Replay, but I'm not liking the size, been having some problems of late with my replays, I hope this is not a repeat.

Phillip.

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-5E2ED2A7004.zip
    96.1 KB · Views: 16
LOL, no worries buddy, no offense taken! (there's no capacity left to take offense from anybody anyways as I'm already fully occupied clubbing my wheel, desk, whatever with my head on my own) :lol:

I'm happy to hear you appreciate the feedback on your tune. That's important because the few gifted tuners we have must be supported in this way, it's the least and and at the same time all we can do! That way you guys might stick with it and all the people useless at tuning, like me, can profit.

I didn't use your setup directly, but even with CT and my own mix in between and thus 2 mods the root is still somewhat based in your tune. You've done one really good thing for me: for the very first time I have tried neg rear toe, made all the difference! Ren sais thanks!

Using negative rear toe on any RWD car will always be a very rare occurence, it was just a combination of the track (smooth high speed tracks place less emphasis on drive traction), the sticky tyres, the car's absymal understeer and its weight keeping it relatively planted anyway that made toe-out possible this week. Had it been Suzuka it may have been toe-in.

GTP_CRAZYTORTISE

Clean and GREEN 1'07.997

Great lap CT, but man you could be so much faster, looking at your replay into turn 3 if you were not so hot going in as you droped to around 92mph where you could stay above 100mph you would have smashed everyones T1 and T2 times, making it real close at the top.

Phillip.

Enjoyed the combo. Well done to all.

Felt I could have had a bit more off my time mid-week when I was having a particulalry good session, but after taking a break I never managed to find any consistent speed for the rest of the week.

Attachments

• GTP_Frantic.zip
    97.9 KB · Views: 16
GTP_CRAZYTORTISE

Clean and GREEN 1'07.997

Great lap CT, but man you could be so much faster, looking at your replay into turn 3 if you were not so hot going in as you droped to around 92mph where you could stay above 100mph you would have smashed everyones T1 and T2 times, making it real close at the top.

Phillip.

Thanks for checking Dad 👍

Yeah I see what you mean now about T3 :ouch: One day I'll have that perfect stunner of a lap :lol:

Back