GTP_WRS Week 64 : So, An Elephant Walks Onto a Race Track...................

• Thread starter EDK
  • 176 comments
Krisch Plaque!!! Another .005 off the line time...
New splits

Edit: Joho, best split 1 I just see! How nice, just does't get me anywhere! :ouch:

Bah, just not had any time for this. It isn't just a pick up and play week, so I shall see you all for round 65. Good luck all!

Man, I tried again tonight - I can nail 28.000 T1's all night long - I just can't figure out where that missing .3 is. My suspicion is in the tune and the driving. Looking forward to seeing some of these replays.

Just noticed there are 2 members reading this thread - me and the WRSFetchBot. :lol:

Just had another run and managed a slower T1, but a very slightly improved T2 and overall laptime,

T1 27.948
T2 47.808

Going to try to get another go, but will probably be submitting with these splits.

Best of luck everyone 👍

So up to T2 this combo is going pretty well for me :).

T1: 28.057
T2: 47.716

Will probably lose allot of time at the last turn unfortunately :(.

First go at this one and probably the last. By the looks of the times set, I needed to get on to this one earlier, very quick guys.👍

A tenth faster at T2 but 3 tenths faster at the line. Hopefully my last corner is good enough to compete. This is going to be a tight one 👍 New splits:

This merc has me well and truely trumped! Or should that be trunked :LOL: .... :dopey:

I've wrestled the beast for too many laps now and I can quite comfortably say there's no time left in me. Final, dismal, splits were:

Submitted with different splits.

Good luck everyone.
:cheers:

Let me guess: with a sub .740 T1? :lol:
I think I'm going to have to submit what I've got, just cant string it together :grumpy: I'll give it one last shot tomorrow, but I don't see much chance of achiving my goal (go figure) ;)

I finally gave up on my old tune and went with Paulie's latest - I tweaked the rear toe to -0.09 and set brakes to 6/6 and came up with this after just 10 laps:

My best lap by far - I tried his tune early on and just couldn't do anything with it - but I guess after enough laps with my horrible tune I was able to get it right. I'd like one more go but doubt I'll get it. Good luck to those of you still at it. And if you think this is a beast you should surf on over to EYS II Round 4 and try taking this untuned elephant around Eiger on S2's - HOLY MOLY!!!!

Last edited:
New splits from me, a slight improvement

I'll try & give it one more shot tomorrow before calling it a day

I don't know how you guys pull it off. I have soooo much to learn. Oh well, if it were not for the WRS I would never get any better.

T1 30.863
T2 53.052

:(

Submitted, was unable to achieve the lap I really wanted and was capable of judging by my better sectors, so unhappy with this week.

I used my own tune, didn't feel comfortable with Paulie's, made applying the throttle a bit more tricky. I did use his final gear ratio setting though. Tuning was the key this week

wish the best for everyone, hope that my final time is good enough

I'm going to submit with the splits on the board because I just can't improve despite having half tenths in a few places. I'll be looking forward to the results tomorrow 👍

Submitted with the splits on the board. Not happy this week as I know what sector 3 will do to me. But again against my own expectations I actually sort of enjoyed this combo ;)

The final results will be exciting, good luck to all! :cheers:

Back