GTP_WRS Week 66 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 80 comments
My grammer was not that good on that one. I could have said I think your post stinks, or more so, I think your posts stink. Either way it's not an insult, it's an opinion.

I'm not a formality policeman either, anyone could see that much. I simply wonder in general how self centered people can be 👍

So have I mis-interpreted again or are you calling me self-centred?

I know it was a dangerous thing to do and I may have lost my original copy, but I think I’ve found the problem with my uploaded replay.

I followed the instructions to the letter in zipping the file, then sent it to myself via email, downloaded it and unzipped it to my stick, copied and over written the original replay on the PS3 and all worked fine.

I think my problem comes when I upload to the forum thread via wireless router, be it security or what ever, I’m only getting one file to upload ICONO.PNG same with the two replays in MMX world event in the race events page.

Maybe a more tech mined member will say if this is feasible or not, in the mean time I’ll see if I have a long enough cable to re-hardwire my PS3.

Phillip.

I have tried new zip program first see if that works, as it maybe a software problem. Replay below.

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-C04A4704005.zip
    116.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
So have I mis-interpreted again or are you calling me self-centred?

Yes, I think you lack self confidence and continually look for aproval on this board at others expense, but that was not my point at all. I'm sorry to have vented my dissatisfaction directly on you, I'll stand by my call on your crying post though. My complaint goes much beyond you however so don't take it personal.

Yes, I think you lack self confidence and continually look for aproval on this board at others expense, but that was not my point at all. I'm sorry to have vented my dissatisfaction directly on you, I'll stand by my call on your crying post though. My complaint goes much beyond you however so don't take it personal.

OK fine, if that's how WRS drivers see me then I simply won't compete for quite a while (Since I'm apparently stinking up the forum). I don't see how or what you seen in my post tbh, but what ever. Way to kill Prologue for me courtesy police.👍

I think we need a new rule for the WRS. No emo posts. Paulie, sit down and race. Arora, do the same, if you can't then this isn't the place for you.

Congrats to all winners this week, I was hoping to get it down to a .5 at the line.

Easy Paulie, I'm only one man and I don't represent the WRS drivers. I don't know how else to say it, it's not a personal attack as much as a let down in general. Would you like an olive branch? Or maybe a few beers to knock down?

Erik, give it a rest. We don't want the mods to rule in on this fine week.
We all have a right for our own personality and sometimes there is us and there is them ...

To Philip about your zipping troubles: I now use http://www.jzip.com/ and that works fine for me. Don´t forget to zip the wholo /ps3 directory to avoid any mishaps.

I think we need a new rule for the WRS. No emo posts. Paulie, sit down and race. Arora, do the same, if you can't then this isn't the place for you.

If all you want to do is shut up and race you could always just use the arcade and tt boards Sony has already set up. This is a community where thoughts are shared.

Well done to all the podiums and to everyone involved 👍 Great job by all :cheers:

As for the arguing going on here, it's very sad. One person is proud of his effort and he then gets drilled for it. Not cool. I firmly beleive if you have nothing nice to say to some one then don't say it at all. We all grown ups here. Not little children. So lets act like grown ups.

Well done to all the podiums :cheers: and those who reached their personal target 👍.

I had fun with a few short sessions on this :), never came to anything with a lot of control :scared: and did not find the time yesterday to look for a clean saved run to submit :ouch:.

In for the same in WRS 67, I'll try it out :dopey: but have very limited time, so might not submit.

If all you want to do is shut up and race you could always just use the arcade and tt boards Sony has already set up. This is a community where thoughts are shared.

You might want to read the AUP again, pretty sure it says something about insults.

Well done to all this weeks winners and podiums 👍

As for the arguing going on here, it's very sad. One person is proud of his effort and he then gets drilled for it. Not cool. I firmly beleive if you have nothing nice to say to some one then don't say it at all. We all grown ups here. Not little children. So lets act like grown ups.

I'll second that CT!! 👍

I really enjoyed this week. If it wasn't for Paulie's tune I don't think I would have stood much chance at competing with people in D1. Thanks for sharing mate 👍

Well done to all Podiums and especially Rudi, Ian and Paulie with astonishing times. :)

I firmly beleive if you have nothing nice to say to some one then don't say it at all. We all grown ups here. Not little children. So lets act like grown ups.

Quoted for truth.

For anyone involved in this argument, please continue it (or even better let it drop) via personal messages and stop ruining this thread. 👎

OK - Enough of the bickering in here.

It's poor form to focus only on your own performance when posting in the results thread. Paulie, you should keep that in mind in the future. If you were to come in and simply post your replay, without comments on anyone's performance, including your own, that's fine as well.

arora - You've repeatedly made your point, time to move on.

I don't want to get into the game of never, ever having any off topic posts. Let's just agree to all get along and we'll be fine. 👍

Anything else related to this should be in PM. And any more forum posts related to it will receive appropriate disciplinary action.

By the way, I did not have time to run this week, but wish I would have. Agree that it was a fun combo.

Congrats to Rudi for the overall win, and well done to all the other podiums and participants. Thanks for the nice turnout on a tuning week. :)

:cheers:
Kevin

Great job to all that competed and thanks to the co-ordinators who set it all up for us. 👍

Quite happy with 4th in division 1, I feared I'd be a much lower because the chicane does kind of upset my flow, but it was a very good thing that it was included as it forces us to learn instead of driving in autopilot. Thoroughly enjoyed it, well done everyone. :)

My replay:

Attachments

• WRS66 GTP_Anghammarad.zip
    120.1 KB · Views: 8
My replay. Really enjoyed this week, nice to spend ~3 hours on it too, thanks to WRS Admin team for a really, really good week. Well done to all winners, some stunning laps from Rudi, Animera and Paulie and a big shout out to Paulie/Animera for sharing their tunes with us all.

👍

Attachments

• Week 66 Sureshot.zip
    115 KB · Views: 10
Congrats all podiums and winners :cheers:

Replay:

Attachments

• GTP_Kakumaki_WRS66.zip
    133.9 KB · Views: 13
Sorry guys, I missed the deadline. 👎

Congrats to RudiRaser, DukeOfPendle, Sureshot and iCyCo for winning their divisions, and of course the remaining podium places. 👍👍👍👍

I keep having this problem if it continues to bug everyone, you and me, I'll drop out of WRS.

Phillip.

That is not what we want to have happen mate. I would suggest uninstalling Winrar and try getting 7-Zip installed instead. They have both 32 and 64 bit options, its open source and free for making simple .zip files 👍

Jerome

That is not what we want to have happen mate. I would suggest uninstalling Winrar and try getting 7-Zip installed instead. They have both 32 and 64 bit options, its open source and free for making simple .zip files 👍

Jerome

Thanks Jerome.

Tried to download 7-zip, download is just not working for me or my son on his computer, so I've installed Jzip that Steven said, I'll try that for now see how things go.

Again thanks, its nice to see members helping one another out. 👍

Phillip.

If you continue having problem Phillip, e-mail or PM me and we'll sort something out, can't have you withdrawing from the competition now you've found your true pace with that wheel :)

GTP_Sureshot

Nice Clean & GREEN lap 👍

Phillip.

GTP_Anghammarad.

Another nice Clean & GREEN lap 👍

Phillip.

Oh by the way managed to download my own replay this time and it worked with WinAce Post # 33

Last edited:
Oh by the way managed to download my own replay this time and it worked with WinAce Post # 33

I'm not the brightest bulb in the box when it comes to pc's, I tried again and this is what I see. I'm quite sure someone here can sort this out for you, gotta be something silly 👍

! E:\PS3\SAVEDATA\BCES00104-RPLY2-B-C04A4704005.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

I'm not the brightest bulb in the box when it comes to pc's, I tried again and this is what I see. I'm quite sure someone here can sort this out for you, gotta be something silly 👍

! E:\PS3\SAVEDATA\BCES00104-RPLY2-B-C04A4704005.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

Just download the zip file and it looks fine to me. All files appear to be there. I'll check it soon.

I see nothing wrong with Phillip's files... it's basically impossible for winrar/winzip to not work on a specific PC.

To make it easy on the user checking your replay though.. I usually do this

When I access the file on the USB stick.. I browse to the PS3\SAVEDATA\ folder and copy the replay folder to a folder I have on my PC called PS3\SAVEDATA. Then I Rar/Zip the whole PS3 folder and renaming it to suit. This way when the user goes to extract the files they could just simply copy the PS3 folder to their USB stick for viewing on the PS3.

I see nothing wrong with Phillip's files... it's basically impossible for winrar/winzip to not work on a specific PC.

So you were able to watch it then? I found a way to get the extraction to work, however my ps3 claimed currupt data. Jerry is on the case and I trust he'll sort it out.

Back