GTP_WRS Week 68: The Island of the Three Diamonds

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 87 comments

Latest effort, I need to tidy up the first chicane still a couple of 10ths available there but I need some serious work on t3 obviously!!! nice splits Stefan :cheers:

Has anyone noticed any issues with the fast lap replay?

I noticed that when I loaded my fast lap replay the "ghost" was slower than the splits for that lap.

When watching the replay it appears that it also saved the previous lap and I assume that is where the slower ghost is coming from. Anyone else noticed that the fast lap replay is saving more than 1 lap?

I noticed that when I loaded my fast lap replay the "ghost" was slower than the splits for that lap.

When watching the replay it appears that it also saved the previous lap and I assume that is where the slower ghost is coming from. Anyone else noticed that the fast lap replay is saving more than 1 lap?

Not noticed it saving more than one lap but have had issues with it loading a slow ghost, couldn't get my fastest to load up tonight

Yup, same here, seems the game sticks to the previous fastest lap even after restarting now...

My suggestion is never load an old ghost.. try and run a new fresh one to beat every time ;)👍

Not looked at the replay to see this replay error tbh 💡👍

yes usually do this, if I use the ghost, I only tend to use it occasionally as prefer the delta but I had a really good one and thought it would be handy.
I guess they've addressed the issue with two ghosts dancing around :lol:

That's exactly what stops me using an old ghost.. after lap 2 there's 3 cars on track including the one you are navigating ... not good when you are in a tight turn and see all 3 cockpits :lol:

So yeah I just run a fresh ghost and toggle it on and off at safe zones to see any gaps 👍

Just saw PD have scheduled a rally for the Paris FIA event coming up, at Fisherman's ranch no less... can't imagine how that's going to work. I'd wager we have more experience on dirt here in the WRS that any of the competitors :eek:

Just saw PD have scheduled a rally for the Paris FIA event coming up, at Fisherman's ranch no less... can't imagine how that's going to work. I'd wager we have more experience on dirt here in the WRS that any of the competitors :eek:
Well PD has done a much better job at dirt than the last few games IMHO. Cars used to understeer straight into the wall, feeling numb and unresponsive all the way through. Feels much better now for me.

So yeah I just run a fresh ghost and toggle it on and off at safe zones to see any gaps 👍
Same here. The only time I have it on is if it does not obscure my view.

Well PD has done a much better job at dirt than the last few games IMHO. Cars used to understeer straight into the wall, feeling numb and unresponsive all the way through. Feels much better now for me.
For me the rally racing had not been viable since GT 5 (until now). What bothered me more was the over emphasized vibrations of the wheel to represent the rough track surface (sarth also). I get that its bumpy but no need to damage my wheel or wake up the entire house when I'm on dirt.

Edit:
That’s correct now. Completely missed the 1st apex in sector3. Still better by more then a tenths at the line .2 or so is possible overall. I am not done finding time but have to stop because now I’m out of town till after deadline.
Good luck all!

I have 4 saves for this event all within .008 no sheet! :D feels like groundhog day when I see the time at the line... and with all those turns too! It's quite annoying :P:tup:

gonna try again over the weekend and see if I can do something different to make some gain... GL all :cheers:

Tried racing this again today but my wheel has decided to start gearing up two gears with one click.. really annoyingly repetitive and lap wrecking 👎 will probably just submit my best from the other day if I don't get this fixed :ouch:🤬

Gl all :cheers:

Tried racing this again today but my wheel has decided to start gearing up two gears with one click.. really annoyingly repetitive and lap wrecking 👎 will probably just submit my best from the other day if I don't get this fixed :ouch:🤬

Gl all :cheers:

Sorry to hear that Ron, went through the usual fixes I reckon?
Great fun yesterday racing this combo, will post some pics later, thanks for showing up people 👍

Back