GTP_WRS Week 68: The Island of the Three Diamonds

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 87 comments
Sorry to hear that Ron, went through the usual fixes I reckon?

Not tried anything yet mate.. I know how to fix the pedals when they spike take them apart and use contact spray etc.. but not sure about the gearing issue tbh.. Can I just spray contact spray in the paddle slits and leave it to dry out or does the wheel need taking apart? any tips are more than welcome 👍

Any chance of getting next week's up early admin? I want a jump on the competition if it's something that takes my fancy. A bit gutted I can't learn the rally events because of the noise. Maybe upgrading my wheel in the future is the way to go. :sly:

Pics can't convey how much fun this was :cheers:

20190316182132.jpg

20190316182140.jpg

20190316182146.jpg

20190316182156.jpg

20190316182201.jpg

20190316182206.jpg

20190316182214.jpg

Attachments

• 20190316182150.jpg
    20190316182150.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20190316182209.jpg
    20190316182209.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 11
Tried racing this again today but my wheel has decided to start gearing up two gears with one click.. really annoyingly repetitive and lap wrecking 👎 will probably just submit my best from the other day if I don't get this fixed :ouch:🤬

Gl all :cheers:

Which wheel do you have and is it still a solid click or a mushy feeling when shifting?

Which wheel do you have and is it still a solid click or a mushy feeling when shifting?

Hi mate, I have a G29 and the gearing issue is still there as I found out on the Interlagos seasonal.. It's happening about 1 time in 3 laps which is way less than when I was rallying... tried spraying contact cleaner in it but seems only a short term solution :( any suggestions are welcome mate ;)

Hi mate, I have a G29 and the gearing issue is still there as I found out on the Interlagos seasonal.. It's happening about 1 time in 3 laps which is way less than when I was rallying... tried spraying contact cleaner in it but seems only a short term solution :( any suggestions are welcome mate ;)
Contact Spray won't solve it. As it is an oily thing it will grab up even more dust which is the problem for sure. Then it will get even worse.
If you still have warranty just send it back or contact Logitech and explain the issue and the importance of having a wheel - they're fairly cool with their replacement policy so you might get an all new one without having to wait too long
Best solution after that is to open the wheel and remove all the dust carefully with a soft brush made out of natural hair. Clean away the rest of the contact spray with some alcohol. Clear spirits are OK too ;)
I'm having loads of problems with th G29 as well. G27 was way better.
Good luck with that!

Sorry, don't know anything about the G29, all my paddle experience is with the T300RS where the paddle hinges develop cracks causing similar problems.

Contact Spray won't solve it. As it is an oily thing it will grab up even more dust which is the problem for sure. Then it will get even worse.
If you still have warranty just send it back or contact Logitech and explain the issue and the importance of having a wheel - they're fairly cool with their replacement policy so you might get an all new one without having to wait too long
Best solution after that is to open the wheel and remove all the dust carefully with a soft brush made out of natural hair. Clean away the rest of the contact spray with some alcohol. Clear spirits are OK too ;)
I'm having loads of problems with th G29 as well. G27 was way better.
Good luck with that!

Thanks for this info mate.. my warranty is definitely expired and looks like I have to take the wheel apart which sounds logical to get all that crap out of there ;) Cheers bud will find a youtube guide and start investigating :cheers:

Back