GTP_WRS Week 7 : Light, Tight and Just Right

• Thread starter EDK
  • 562 comments
Rats. My submission got rejected. I was using the Rocket I already had in my garage and apparently it had some gearbox and exhaust changes that weren't allowed. I thought it was stock but it must have been one of the gift cars with some mods. Ironic that the gearing seemed completely wrong for this course :-(

Submitted, not able to post splits at this moment. Had times .4 better, but both were dirty by a smidge. I had alot more in me, just was not able to put much time into this TT. It was a great course / car combination. Pretty sure I will get a not so good handicap this week.

Great sector 1 Andrew, look like you found your pace there! 👍 :)

Havent been able to run again, not sure if i will be able before deadline, quite disappointed not having enought free time this week and only spent half the time i normaly spend. :(

Heres the only split i had from a previous lap.

1'10.300

T3 is not so good but i will most likely submit with these splits.

Just couldn't figure this combo out but it sure was fun.

1'12.800

Submitted and out, GL everyone 👍

Don't think I'll get another run today, but I really liked this combo :)

GL everybody!!

Today I finally got my internet connection in my new home and took the chance to drive this Rocket Combo.
It's tricky and i did not get the best out of it but my splits are:
1'13.988
I hope to do better on wednesday.

Submitted my lap on the board and it was accepted.

This week just wasn't for me - the motivation to improve just wasn't there for this one and the car was certainly not to blame.

Started to get back up to speed. No quicker laps so far, but I did manage a 1'10.483 split 2 time albeit with a slight tap coming out of Tabac.

I think a 1'10.3xx is very possible for me this week; it might even be enough to get me into D1 Silver.

1'12.416

Very little time on this combo this week, only about an hour spent on it altogether. Just couldn't find the time to do it. I hope to be racing on Wednesday.

Submitting...

Subitted and accepted with these splits :

1'11.067

I am sure i left 4 tenths out there at the line but i'm fed up with those walls :banghead:

Couldn't find any time today as the family decided to have guests over :grumpy: will have to submit with the current splits that I only spent an hour with. Not happy at all

Submitted my lap with the current splits on the board. I tried to get a better time, but couldn't get a whole good lap together. Then I saw Andrew and Mike getting faster and faster... and had no more motivation to get any better :D

Submitted with my splits on the board. I have realised that the areas I lose the most time in are where there are low speed corners, this isn't just something I've noticed on this event but ever since I've got a wheel I've found time in the high speed sections but I'm losing a lot of time in the lower speed corners. I'm thinking it may be something to do with how far I turn the wheel as I usually rotate a max of 180° either way but it could also be how slow I get on the accelerator or the lines I take.

Any wheel users care to share roughly how far they rotate their wheel round, lets say the grand hotel hairpin, I'd be extremely grateful as you could help me find some lost speed, or at least eliminate one of my theories. If it matters I'm using a DFGT on 900° and FFB set to 3.

1'10.433

Another 0.075 in T3 to make it 0.42 quicker at the line. :D

Second fastest T2 of anybody; pity I haven't been able to improve in T1.

EDIT: submitted and accepted. Not finished yet though, just wanted to avoid the "5 minutes to deadline" rush that I had last time.

Last edited:
Submitted and accepted. Got close to a couple of walls, but photo mode shows clean. Turn before the tunnel and the inside if the exit of the chicane after t2.

After the first 20 laps, I was ready to give in. The walls were not my friends. But in the end, loved it.

Latest Posts

Back