GTP_WRS Week 7 : Light, Tight and Just Right

• Thread starter EDK
  • 562 comments
I like this car but i hope they took out the magnets in the guardrails this time. Must be very grippy on S3's. I run this car online on C3 and pumped up to about 310HP, that was fun, had wheel spin in 4th gear :D

with a clean chicane and BB 5/4

Feeling that rich heritage of the track
Remembering when I got drunk in the Racasse bar many years ago on holiday
Seeing all the boats in the marina
Fantastic!

First 25 minutes or so:

1'11.550

The car is so stable that at first it was giving me too much confidence, which resulted in me trying to go too fast around corners and getting a bad exit, or worse, smacking the outside wall. I started going faster when I calmed down and started braking earlier.

Still waiting for the Lancia Stratos at Grand Valley Speedway ;)

T1: 30.033
T2: 1'20.866

Still a LOT to come, I hope.

Stevious - my memory of Monaco is swimming in THE pool and having a hot dog on the harbour side. They impale the roll on a metal spike, insert the sausage and I then added lashings of ENGLISH mustard which burned the inside of my nose as I gulped it back. Of course, we were probably surrounded by millionaires, but who cares, haven't they seen anyone hungry eat before.

Last edited:
Every lap I've done with this one has been dirty - either by a slight touch of the wall or a tire over the rumble in the chicane - it's got to be the most frustrating track yet. The car is absolutely wonderful, as it always has been, but the track :banghead:.

1'11.100

If I get the first turn right there's quite a bit of time to gain going up the hill. Also, from the hairpin to the turn before the tunnel is a little sloppy.

I have submitted a legit time twice and gotten two rejections. Both with this message:

Submission for week 7 is REJECTED!

Errors:
BrakeBalanceFront setting is invalid
BrakeBalanceRear setting is invalid
Asm setting is invalid
Abs setting is invalid

My time isn't even that good, but I doubt I'll have time to submit one before this expires. I wanted to get something up since I haven't been able to participate in a while.

Since your T2 time looked like a full-lap time, I've deleted it. Feel free to re-post the correct splits.
Nope, that's actually the correct split...:lol:

1'14.158

I promise this is correct. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Every lap I've done with this one has been dirty - either by a slight touch of the wall or a tire over the rumble in the chicane - it's got to be the most frustrating track yet. The car is absolutely wonderful, as it always has been, but the track :banghead:.
Well, they do say that Monaco is a drivers' track, separates men from boys, so to speak.

Maybe you have something to learn here.

I have submitted a legit time twice and gotten two rejections. Both with this message:

Submission for week 7 is REJECTED!

Errors:
BrakeBalanceFront setting is invalid
BrakeBalanceRear setting is invalid
Asm setting is invalid
Abs setting is invalid

My time isn't even that good, but I doubt I'll have time to submit one before this expires. I wanted to get something up since I haven't been able to participate in a while.
I will fix the reference replay, seems I ticked a few extra boxes. Might be in another hour or so, but the deadline for this event is in 8 days, so you have some time to sort it out.

Well, after getting nowhere with the Focus today, I have now switched my attention to the Rocket. Was a bit apprehensive as the last time I tried it in stock trim was Willow Springs "Endurance" and quit after 2 laps as was spinning here, there, and everywhere! Have started off with TCS 3 and will slowly reduce it, brake bias initially set at 7/4.....ran 15 laps before stopping to review my times and was surprised by how well I did. At one point I set PB's in the final sector for 5 laps in a row...but also hit the turn 1 wall 2 laps in a row so that cancels it out lol. Anyway, I am happy with my times so far and know there's definite room for improvement...though not sure I'll be quick enough to bother most of those in my division:

S1: 27.639
S2: 1:14.305

1'11.517

Hard work. I am really really terrible at turn 1 and turn 4, rest of it is going ok but I'm dropping so much time at turn 1. No idea what gear to be in or where to brake, bit of a lottery. Saw lots of 26.9s though, but about 2/10 which is no good for laps..... Sector two is kinda straight forward by comparison, I think I get it. Gotta be really brave in the three chicanes after the tunnel, was stuffing sector three a lot. Best t2 split only a .4 so got a lot to learn. I've not really lapped here since week 4 or 5 in WRS GT5 in the Citroen and that was on the pad, so make that never lapped here much with the wheel! Will stick at it.

@nursemorph - I used 5/2 earlier and TC1 with the ds3 and I barely ever use it anymore! this car really doesn't need it though even in the pad on the softer tyres, I'd recommend practicing with it off 👍

I'm using bb 5/8 braking right after the second to last tree shadow for turn one, dropping to second to help turn and for better acceleration.

Back