GTP_WRS Week 7 : Light, Tight and Just Right

• Thread starter EDK
  • 562 comments
3 tenths at the line:

1'13.321

There's too many walls! At least at Rome there was some runoff and more rumbles but here it's so claustrophobic.

There may be too many walls but that is definitely part of the charm/challenge of Monaco. I love every second on this course! Watching an F1 race here is on my bucket list!

Al

Monaco has always been my achilles heel :dunce:

1:12.233

:crazy:

Still a fun combo nice one Kev!

Jerome

Reactions: EDK
Another tenth and a half. I can go faster still, but sometimes mess up T3 after a good T2:

1'13.100

I honestly don't care now about my T1 - that's hit or miss really - it's the rest of the lap that I need improvements on. I did see a 13.0xx before this lap so I can definitely get to 12.xxx soon enough.

This was with Barons Brake Balance. Thank you @Cats_PJs

I tend to focus on the T1, celebrate when I improve it, then hit a wall or something. :/

Exactly. That's what I want to avoid, if I don't pay attention to my T1 split I end up doing quite well for the rest of the lap because the 1st split pops at a hard corner so if I'm not looking I can't mess that turn up.

Last edited:
Oh boy - this car is really small. In the beginning I thought all my laps would be invalid thanks to the chicane, but it turns out it easily fits on the rumble strip... ;-)
Now I'm getting over-confident there...

1'13.459

Is this a garage car or courtesy car? I should get started on this tomorrow!

I'm using bb 5/8 braking right after the second to last tree shadow for turn one, dropping to second to help turn and for better acceleration.

Are we talking about the same turn and/or tree? Second to last tree shadow on turn one, if I start braking there I go straight into the wall, doesn't matter which Brake Balance or gear I'm in...

Btw, are you guys dropping into first in the hairpin? I can't decide whether I'm faster in second due to the awful gearing between first and second or in first.

Just managed a lap 0.088 faster... with the exact same splits. :crazy: To the nearest 1/60th of a second, at least.

1'10.484

:eek:

Proof that the WRS needs D1 Platinum. :bowdown:

EDIT: Just discovered for myself that a 26.633 is possible, before proceeding to lose all the time gained and then cutting the chicane. :irked:

Last edited:
Are we talking about the same turn and/or tree? Second to last tree shadow on turn one, if I start braking there I go straight into the wall, doesn't matter which Brake Balance or gear I'm in...

Btw, are you guys dropping into first in the hairpin? I can't decide whether I'm faster in second due to the awful gearing between first and second or in first.

1st for me. You're right the gearing is pants, but it's gotta be first.

Handbrake is now prohibited too so it's the best option for holding a tight line

644 km on the car before starting, had to restore rigidity. On with the show:

Well I've got T1 nailed, I just need to work on my T2 and T3.

1'10.917

Lost a tenth in T3.

Looking back, I haven't exactly had a clean relationship with this track, at least not in the WRS. In GT5 week 93, I set the slowest time in D1 - which was then DQ'd for contact. In the online F1 race, I committed two infractions and lost any points I had received.

Hopefully, those days are behind me and I can make a clean break this week. Anyway, new splits:

1'10.933

Much faster in T3; 0.328 gained at the line. Pretty close at the chicane and the second half of the swimming pool, but clean.

1'10.284

For crying out loud James, stop showing off :P

1st try at TT # 117 in a row!!! Love it!!!!!!

1'12.950

Côte d'Azur_1 copy.jpg

Côte d'Azur_5 copy.jpg

Nice splits n pics Al! 👍

I'm going to have to get a new helmet for next week's online race. :D

Ok, so I may have mislead you a bit. I was at the grocery store when I posted my advice, going off of memory, which is clearly fading. It's the second to last shadow before the white cross walk. Sorry about any damage to your car that may have resulted.

Beware the edges: one lap the game disqualified because my left wheels had contact with the barrier (behind it is a door) on the straight with the pitlane. No bump sound because I was pretty much parallel with it.

My best three laps on the board span more than two seconds, what a lottery!

Back