GTP_WRS Week 7 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 113 comments
Edit for the Admins, since Chuk didn't flag it:

I need to work on that flag copy/paste thing. I'll get there. I needed Jake's help to post the picture.:dunce:
I am getting a good handle on the transfer of replays, though. It's a small victory, but I'll take it! :sly:

Last edited:
NTSC replay...a week to forget (still very educative though)

Attachments

• WRS 7 - GTP_Velez.zip
    233.3 KB · Views: 8
Had nothing much to do so I decided to look at the first pages for some PAL replays.

GTP_Zoky_CRO
picture.php

GTP_NIZZY
picture.php

GTP_Corne
picture.php

Pretty close entering the last corner, tires were between the white marker and the dirt so good lap

Sorry poolhaas. Yes you were close to the wall entering the tunnel. I did not hear any contact noises but had another look to check. Near 50.4 Your mirror is in the left wall, as it enters the tunnel. I tried a second time to pause at this point to take a picture. Had several tries before I managed it and took a couple of pictures at 50.433. I took two pictures but not sure how to post them.

Sharp eyes, Nizzy! Thanks for all the effort you put in 👍

Even though the mirror is at one moment in the wall, no speed drop occurs.
Knowing previous GT's had 'invisible' walls, the criterium of a speed drop has become leading. Since there's no speed drop to be seen or heard, this run will be counted as valid.

GTP_poolhaas
picture.php

Please all, remember to scrutinize your own run before submission. Make sure you're convinced it's 100% clean, or otherwise submit your 2nd fastest run. It's better to submit a 'slow' lap that is clean, than a fast one that is invalid ;)

Thanks for the clear up Hugo Boss. I'll triple check my fast laps next time and when not sure, go with a slower one.

Sharp eyes, Nizzy! Thanks for all the effort you put in 👍

Even though the mirror is at one moment in the wall, no speed drop occurs.
Knowing previous GT's had 'invisible' walls, the criterium of a speed drop has become leading. Since there's no speed drop to be seen or heard, this run will be counted as valid.

GTP_poolhaas
picture.php

Please all, remember to scrutinize your own run before submission. Make sure you're convinced it's 100% clean, or otherwise submit your 2nd fastest run. It's better to submit a 'slow' lap that is clean, than a fast one that is invalid ;)

Thanks for the clear up Hugo Boss. I'll triple check my fast laps next time and when not sure, go with a slower one.

Sorry for the hassle I caused you. Being new to WRS I wasn't aware of how previuos gt games worked, and how it would affect this.

GTP_poolhaas
picture.php
. Woohoo

I am glad everything worked out for you Poolhaas. Nizzy, as I said before, you were following the rules as they seemed to be stated. I commend you for your effort in verifying the laps. It is much easier to just give someone a green flag and move on.. But you did what is asked and truly watched the lap. Not easy to find the right camera angle. It takes time and effort.

:tup:Nizzy
:tup:for Poolhaas lap being ok. I didn't check my lap for mirror touch, and I am sure a lot of others didn't either. It was definitely a gray area this week.

Going forward, are we supposed to look for mirror touches? Are mirror touches not a DQ in themselves, but a wall touch that affects the car is a DQ. Am I on the right track?

I am glad everything worked out for you Poolhaas. Nizzy, as I said before, you were following the rules as they seemed to be stated. I commend you for your effort in verifying the laps. It is much easier to just give someone a green flag and move on.. But you did what is asked and truly watched the lap. Not easy to find the right camera angle. It takes time and effort.

:tup:Nizzy
:tup:for Poolhaas lap being ok. I didn't check my lap for mirror touch, and I am sure a lot of others didn't either. It was definitely a gray area this week.

Going forward, are we supposed to look for mirror touches? Are mirror touches not a DQ in themselves, but a wall touch that affects the car is a DQ. Am I on the right track?

Same here. Well said. Three thumbs up for Nizzy, poolhaas, and you for putting it so well. 👍 👍 👍

Personally, I'm glad for poolhaas because I never thought the lap was submitted with dubious intention.

From what I understand Hugo Boss to be saying is that yes, a mirror touch is ok if you can show there was no speed loss. If the data logger is available that too will used, but simply taking a picture of game anomalies between the physics engine and the graphics rendering will not in and of itself result in a DQ. The game is not perfect, yet. :sly:
Also, the fastest drivers and the cleanest drivers are one and the same. It is your responsibility to provide a clean replay, because your credibility rests on that. If you are not sure, don't submit it. :)

Race On! :cheers: :gtpflag:

Same here. Well said. Three thumbs up for Nizzy, poolhaas, and you for putting it so well. 👍 👍 👍

I think I just found my new best friend. Did that just happen? (Step Brothers reference, sort of).

There are so many moments while on these forums, where I am glad to be a part of this community. Cheers to all of you fellow WRS'ers and to all the admins that make all this possible. Great stuff!

:cheers:

I wish all forums could be like this.

Sorry for the hassle I caused you. Being new to WRS I wasn't aware of how previuos gt games worked, and how it would affect this.

Hey no hard feelings mate, you were just following the rules. I'll make sure my next replays won't be that hard to judge. :lol:

Visual specs correct.....clean runs. 👍

GTP_Boostinvdub - 1'18.075 -
picture.php

GTP_Velez - 1'16.708 -
picture.php

It's not a hassle! The whole admin team is very grateful for all you players that help in verifying each others replays. If somebody spots a close call, we only have to check that particular run and give our verdict.
That not only saves us time, but I also believe you contribute to the friendly and laidback atmosphere here by checking replays of your fellow racers. If mods have to check all the replays, they most likely won't have time to give compliments and tips to an individual driver. So please don't be afraid to question a run, it's the admins who have to make the final. Also the more replays you watch, the more you can learn ;)

Thanks all and keep it up 👍

It's not a hassle! The whole admin team is very grateful for all you players that help in verifying each others replays. If somebody spots a close call, we only have to check that particular run and give our verdict.
That not only saves us time, but I also believe you contribute to the friendly and laidback atmosphere here by checking replays of your fellow racers. If mods have to check all the replays, they most likely won't have time to give compliments and tips to an individual driver. So please don't be afraid to question a run, it's the admins who have to make the final. Also the more replays you watch, the more you can learn ;)

Thanks all and keep it up 👍

👍

Also, I try and make it a point to "thank" whoever checks my replay, albeit a small gesture, but I know I appreciate it when someone returns the favor. We just need more NTSC checkers! :)

Last edited:
Thank you mr. Diamond...I am aware of more NTSC checkers. Is the 2nd time you check mine...maybe we NTSC members should try to help more.

Thank you mr. Diamond...I am aware of more NTSC checkers. Is the 2nd time you check mine...maybe we NTSC members should try to help more.

No mr., please.

Yeah, we NTSC people seem to outnumbered.

You drive good laps, I learn from them. 👍

Last edited:
My PAL replay is not required this week, however I post it here in case someone might take a look and advise where I might have gone wrong with this combo. I was completely off the pace in this one, I'm not sure why so any input would be great. One thing I've noticed is it seems all my problems are in T1 looking at other replays, T2/T3 don't look too bad. The first 2 corners seem relatively ok, but the corners 3 and 4 seem to be where I lost all the time :confused:

Look forward to your comments to help imrove my style on this combo.

Attachments

• GTP_Sidplayos2_Week7.zip
    233.2 KB · Views: 7
here is my replay.

Full on with work and getting everything sorted before my 2 week break.

Sorry for it being REALLY late. thanks to whoever checks it.

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    228.6 KB · Views: 11
Tried checking it Josh mate but the zip is corrupt... at least my system is having problems with it... calling it an Invalid File.

GTP_JoshMuggo
picture.php

Pretty close to the wall in the tunnel, no speed drop though, so close was as close as you got!

Very fine lap, supreme control as you'd expect from a D1'er :)

Back