GTP_WRS Week 78 : Brands (No) Hatch

• Thread starter EDK
  • 107 comments
I've been wondering why my sector 1 was so off pace. Thought it was Druids (T2). Maybe I've been messing it up. I just don't see how. Now I'm thinking it's not that corner, but my exit from Paddock Hill (T1) that's giving me a slow run-in to Druids. Struggling to get it right consistently and of course when I do, I make a mistake elsewhere (usually at Westfield Bend (T6).

Those two turns, T1 & T6, are really doing a number on me. I've always had a love / hate relationship with this course. I love it, but it hates me.
T1 is the kind of turn that's great when you get it right, which usually is 15% of the time...

This one reminds me of the GTP qualifier with the beemer couple of years ago.
Not planning to run the same milage this week by the way. :lol:
Hope my replay misery stays away for at least 1 week.
Couple of tenths left here and there.
:cheers:

Hey Fellas, I’m new to the WRS Weekly TT, this is my first week. I really enjoy time trials though so this sounds like a lot of fun. I had never driven the Atenza before today, but it turned out to be a fun car to drive. :)

Splits so far, BB 0

Good Luck this week everyone!! :cheers:

Last edited:
Hey Fellas, I’m new to the WRS Weekly TT, this is my first week. I really enjoy time trials though so this sounds like a lot of fun. I had never driven the Atenza before today, but it turned out to be a fun car to drive. :)

Splits so far, BB 0
S1 18.482
S2 14.088
S3 13.817
S4 22.252

Good Luck this week everyone!! :cheers:
Quit hotlapping and go racing alr- oh wait :lol:
Nice to see you here :cheers:

Also I think you need to post your splits without writing 'S1', 'S2' etc (though someone can correct me if I'm wrong)

Quit hotlapping and go racing alr- oh wait :lol:
Nice to see you here :cheers:

Also I think you need to post your splits without writing 'S1', 'S2' etc (though someone can correct me if I'm wrong)

Well played! :lol: :cheers: I like that I won’t have to worry about that here. :D

My apologies for the improper post, it’s fixed now. Won’t happen again. :)

I’m more or less glad I’m not the only one in that “can’t string those sectors together” boat

It’s such a demanding track. You need to be in good flow otherwise a small mistake will cost you dearly.

Some parts of the track I love a lot but struggle a lot at some other parts.

And I’m still wondering if the first corner or the second corner of T1 I’m struggling. I can do .1’s. But the times I see them is pretty rare.

Oh and I absolutely hate the first corner of T2 and the first corner of T5.

But in the end I like the track.

Do you have brake markers on? As in the cones I mean?

I was gonna ask that too, I like to turn on the floating Blue Markers for tracks with blind corners like Brands(T1), Autopolis(T1). You can always see the apex that way. :)

Back