GTP_WRS Week 78 : Brands (No) Hatch

• Thread starter EDK
  • 107 comments

PB splits but the second sector is still lacking a little. I’ve been dropping to first gear through Druids and second through turn 3 to try and find more consistent speed through the first two sectors- using the lower gears on entry seems to help the car turn in a little easier.

PB splits but the second sector is still lacking a little. I’ve been dropping to first gear through Druids and second through turn 3 to try and find more consistent speed through the first two sectors- using the lower gears on entry seems to help the car turn in a little easier.

I’ve been doing the same in Turn 3 with the quick drop to 2nd for turn in and early exit too, it works well. I hadn’t tried 1st at Druids though, I’ll have to try that tonight. Thanks for the tip! :cheers:

I’ve been doing the same in Turn 3 with the quick drop to 2nd for turn in and early exit too, it works well. I hadn’t tried 1st at Druids though, I’ll have to try that tonight. Thanks for the tip! :cheers:
Just a warning that first through Druids is tricky because you can lose a lot of speed if you stay in first for too long- you only really need to use it once you near the apex and you shouldn’t use it any longer than you have to. I think it definitely helps once you start getting it right though. :)

Just a warning that first through Druids is tricky because you can lose a lot of speed if you stay in first for too long- you only really need to use it once you near the apex and you shouldn’t use it any longer than you have to. I think it definitely helps once you start getting it right though. :)

Perfect, that’s about the same way I’m using 2nd in T3, thanks for the info man. :)

I tried dropping to 1st at Druids tonight, you have to time it just right or it ends up being slower, it’s tricky. I managed to shave a bit more off tonight too, ironically it was the only lap I didn’t drop to 1st at Druids lol. Oh well, whatever works. :)

So many milage so little improvement. Think I never ran so much without much improvement, not only the times I improve but also with baby steps.

Frustrating week, please don't do that anymore Kev :lol::lol:

Great T4 @turnupdaheat 👍

This track is a nightmare. Looking at the leaderboard I have competitive sector times, and I can string two or or three together but not all four. And the one time I did I somehow messed up the final sector which is the easiest bit!

So these will be my final times I think, none of these sectors are PBs for me, but it's the best lap I could put together. Good luck to everyone :)

Oh and I won my first ever online Daily race! Race C GR3 around Monza. I used a Mustang for the first time. Won by nearly 4 seconds. Started 5th. I know this isn't a big deal to a lot of people but I was literally on the edge of my seat trying to keep calm in the last couple of laps. Just drove consistently with no silly mistakes. Yay.

My litlle replay devil striked again yesterday.
After putting reasonable effort with 1600 km and finally reaching my goal all my replays dissapeared again...not a happy chappie over here..:cool:
20190525_213148.jpg

I just did a slightly faster lap than previously but on replay it looks like I clipped some grass so will submit my previous time.

Sure I can squeeze quite a bit more out of the track but happy with what I've learnt doing this week. Good track but pretty unforgiving.
On to the next one!

Back