GTP_WRS Week 78 : Official Results

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 91 comments
No need Kevin, i already checked and it´s dirty by our rules :ouch:

Don´t know what to say, i always check for sound, and see the dataloger, and didn´t show anything :crazy:

Saw the replays several times but didn´t pay attention to this but to other parts of the track where it looked suspicious.

Can only say i´m really sorry :nervous:

Thanks Matt for giving you this trouble 👍

3---0'54.256---GTP_Insatiable
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Looks legit to me.

Times are correct, tyres are correct and no contact with walls.

Impressive run!

Thanks isidious!

Im in no doubt Joao that you never meant for this! Sorry I had to be the bearer of bad news.
Matt

Gravitron
Negative handicaps mean you performed well. 👍 Positive handicaps mean...you need to try harder. :sly:

Does positive handicap have any negative effects like being demoted ?

No demotions unless you request them, and even then it's at the discretion (sp?) of the stewards.

Does positive handicap have any negative effects like being demoted ?

No demotions unless you request them, and even then it's at the discretion (sp?) of the stewards.

Correct.

If you think you are in over your head, feel free to send one of the race admin staff a PM with a request for demotion. We'll review your performance and make a decision as to whether or not your placement should be adjusted.

We've done it on a couple of occasions in the past, but I'm not sure that it's happened since we started GT5 and our new qualifier and handicap system. Not many people qualify over their general ability on this particular qualifier.

EDK
Correct.

If you think you are in over your head, feel free to send one of the race admin staff a PM with a request for demotion. We'll review your performance and make a decision as to whether or not your placement should be adjusted.

We've done it on a couple of occasions in the past, but I'm not sure that it's happened since we started GT5 and our new qualifier and handicap system. Not many people qualify over their general ability on this particular qualifier.

Thanks for the explanation Kevin, I think I'll wait till I've done at least 10 of these before worrying about that. I didn't do too good in the last two events I didnt do as well as I thought I could but that was because for the first one I was busy prepping for the enduro and the second one I only got two sessions given that I was traveling, so I'll see how the next 5 goes. I was pretty sure I'd struggle to keep up a bit in the beginning events and improve as I do more of them anyway.

EDK
Correct.

I think the other way arround happens more :) In my case for example, I recently ran the qualifyer again, and came to the conclusion that I was 8.5 sec quicker than the time I registered with....(both sections togheter)
I was not 'sandbagging' ofcourse, but did not give it enough effort and only ran each section for half an hour... Now I see myself being promoted from time to time, this will go on untill I reached my level (wich will be Div 3 Gold, imo)

I think the other way arround happens more :) In my case for example, I recently ran the qualifyer again, and came to the conclusion that I was 8.5 sec quicker than the time I registered with....(both sections togheter)
I was not 'sandbagging' ofcourse, but did not give it enough effort and only ran each section for half an hour... Now I see myself being promoted from time to time, this will go on untill I reached my level (wich will be Div 3 Gold, imo)

One factor missing in your assessment is one of improvement through learning. The WRS is a great "school" :) Sure you now realize that you put more effort into TTs and races than you did in the qualifier, but you have learned a lot through those as well.

I feel that D3 is the right place for me ATM. I'm more a D3 gold than the bronze I am classified with. But the few weeks I've been here, I've learned a LOT and probably would not been able to push myself near as much in the qually that I do in the TTs.

👍 :gtplanet:WRS 👍 Great big thanks to those that make this happen! :)

One factor missing in your assessment is one of improvement through learning. The WRS is a great "school" :) Sure you now realize that you put more effort into TTs and races than you did in the qualifier, but you have learned a lot through those as well.

Also true, but it would not explain the gap between Div 5 Silver, and the times I run wich are always Div3 times.... The main explenation would be the fact I only took about 1.5 hours to do this qualifyer, wich is in big contrast with the average 10-20 hours i use now for each TT.

When I started in WRS, I tought ; nice... something I can do aswell, now I realize I am only and exclusifly occupied with WRS. Don't get me wrong, I love it, even that much that I have stopped with other things I used to do in my spare time....

And yes Pilmat, I do agree 200% with you, Thanks for the people who make this happen. 👍

the average 10-20 hours i use now for each TT

I was sure I was not the only one! :lol:

I'm probably around 12 hours per TT. After the CLK-DTM I was seriously hooked. The R6 was only about 4-5 hours (you can only crash a car so many times at high speed...), but I'll realign the average with the F1 this week ;)

Also true, but it would not explain the gap between Div 5 Silver, and the times I run wich are always Div3 times.... The main explenation would be the fact I only took about 1.5 hours to do this qualifyer, wich is in big contrast with the average 10-20 hours i use now for each TT.

When I started in WRS, I tought ; nice... something I can do aswell, now I realize I am only and exclusifly occupied with WRS. Don't get me wrong, I love it, even that much that I have stopped with other things I used to do in my spare time....

And yes Pilmat, I do agree 200% with you, Thanks for the people who make this happen. 👍

I was sure I was not the only one! :lol:

I'm probably around 12 hours per TT. After the CLK-DTM I was seriously hooked. The R6 was only about 4-5 hours (you can only crash a car so many times at high speed...), but I'll realign the average with the F1 this week ;)

This thread gives you guys an idea of how much time people spend.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=234861&highlight=time+spent

When I was D3 back in the GT4 days (we only had 3 divisions then), it was routine for me to spend 6-10 hours on a WRS.

These days, I'm lucky if I can manage 4 hours. But as your skills build, and as you learn more about the tracks and car control, you can clean your times up faster.

If I run for more than 4 hours, it's normally to find 0.5 or less, and that will come painfully, a tenth or less at a time for each 30-60 minutes spent.

The only exception would be learning a new or unfamiliar track.

Sorry I forgot to submit an actual time, I had a kinda busy Monday and never got round to it. :facepalm:

Here is a video I did for this combo. Its not of my fastest lap (and completely ignore the very beginning I kinda messed up.) however I thought it looked kinda cool.

Sorry I forgot to submit an actual time, I had a kinda busy Monday and never got round to it. :facepalm:

Here is a video I did for this combo. Its not of my fastest lap (and completely ignore the very beginning I kinda messed up.) however I thought it looked kinda cool.

This is the type of video I can really learn from. I like to see the relationship of the driver and his actual inputs to the car on the track. How much steering input is needed for certain corners, that type of stuff. Thanks for posting this video and hopefully I can find more like it.

I could have done much better...but here I go.

W-G-E...I'll try and watch your replay if I can. My lap time is good to me, but sub-par compared to yours.

Attachments

• GTP_NickSkyline WRS Week 78.zip
    178.5 KB · Views: 6
This is the type of video I can really learn from. I like to see the relationship of the driver and his actual inputs to the car on the track. How much steering input is needed for certain corners, that type of stuff. Thanks for posting this video and hopefully I can find more like it.

Good to know you like it. I shall make more then.

Here is my replay for the week. Sorry that my replays are being posted later in the week now. I really liked this car and combo. The car was perfectly suited to this track, which I did not expect when it was posted. I guess I should have more faith in the mods. ;)

Attachments

• GTP_Gman1647 Week 78 NTSC.zip
    208.7 KB · Views: 6
Here is my replay. Sorry for the delay.

Attachments

• GTP_nicnew week 78 - PAL.zip
    178.7 KB · Views: 5
Here is my replay.

Attachments

• GTP_tbwhhs Week 78 London.zip.zip
    182.6 KB · Views: 7
2---0'54.534---GTP_orsche

10--0'55.770---GTP_NickSkyline

4---0'57.684---GTP_tbwhhs

All clean with correct tires, track and car.

12--0'55.752---GTP_nicnew

4---0'54.899---GTP_Coupe

Times and tires correct; clean laps, gents 👍

We still have 4 NTSC replays needing checking: transamguy, Mamba, Gman, and ZippyCat.

Look for the [?] boxes on the right in http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GT5/results/78/

You can click the [?] and download directly from the leaderboard, or follow the provided link therein to the replay post in this thread.

We still have 4 NTSC replays needing checking: transamguy, Mamba, Gman, and ZippyCat.

Look for the [?] boxes on the right in http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GT5/results/78/

You can click the [?] and download directly from the leaderboard, or follow the provided link therein to the replay post in this thread.

I'll try to get these done this morning!

Edit: started to try to get this done, but got a un-well cat I'm dealing with first. I'll get to it soon :)

Last edited:
2---0'54.089---GTP_transamguy

8---0'55.364---GTP_Mamba

3---0'56.749---GTP_ZippyCat

I'll get Gman's done in a bit!

Here's my (hopefully properly uploaded) replay:

Attachments

• BCUS98114-RPL002.zip
    208.6 KB · Views: 8