GTP_WRS Week 78: Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 54 comments
Thanks for the info, I was wondering the same thing. Was I supposed to submit a replay? I thought it was only if requested?
Only if requested.

The FAQ might have some old info from GT6. Your replay WAS your submission on GT6, but they cannot be exported on Sport.

EDK
Only if requested.

The FAQ might have some old info from GT6. Your replay WAS your submission on GT6, but they cannot be exported on Sport.

Ok thanks, so after next week I will get placed in a division then?

Ok thanks, so after next week I will get placed in a division then?
Your submission for this week was missed in the results for some odd reason. You should have been shown with (Replay Verify Required) next to your name and time.

So go ahead and share your replay with the proper tags and someone can verify that it matches your 1:30.691 listed at http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GTSport/results/78/ and is clean, and @Vaxen can get you added on Monday before making these results official.

To answer your question, once your 3rd result goes official (1 week after they're posted) you'll be placed in a division.

Your submission for this week was missed in the results for some odd reason. You should have been shown with (Replay Verify Required) next to your name and time.

So go ahead and share your replay with the proper tags and someone can verify that it matches your 1:30.691 listed at http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GTSport/results/78/ and is clean, and @Vaxen can get you added on Monday before making these results official.

To answer your question, once your 3rd result goes official (1 week after they're posted) you'll be placed in a division.

Awesome, TYVM for the info. I’ll get it shared when I get home from work today. :cheers:

Ok my lap is posted, sorry for the delay fellas. :)
ED777B4A-7439-41A5-9663-ECDECB7D6DF0.jpeg

Sorry for the delay this week, been a mad week in work and now I have a PS4 firmware update and gt update to deal with...

I'll upload my replay shortly. Unlucky @SuperMegaGeek, it's so easy to go over on that corner.

Congrats to everyone on the week, can't wait to have a look at some replays (and green flag them if necessary) :)

Edit: Replay shared :)

Last edited:
@Pigems yours looks very similar to @SuperMegaGeek coming out of T3. It looks to me that only one wheel is on the track here?

QTip-8329Wags
greenflag-gif.152575

If that’s the case then I apologize, I looked that replay over a couple times and even went into photo mode on a few corners to get a better angle and thought it was ok. I’ll do better new time, sorry guys. :cheers:

Don't take my word for it! I'm not 100% sure :)

Would definitely want a second opinion on it, I couldn't get a clearer photo. But will happily be persuaded :)

Don't take my word for it! I'm not 100% sure :)

Would definitely want a second opinion on it, I couldn't get a clearer photo. But will happily be persuaded :)

Edit: I just re checked the replay again and went into photo mode at the same time stamp of your photo, here is the clip. It looks to me like I’m still on but it’s up to you guys to decide if that’s enough tire.

I’m not sure at which time stamp it was that I looked at closely like this before submitting, it may have been fractions of a second before or after this moment where I was on and I missed this part.

0A4C48BA-0A09-42FE-84FE-0799646F5DF9.jpeg

I've had a closer look in photo mode and it looks like the curb needs a lick of paint! I think that's why it looked off to me at first glance.

This is as far over as the tyre goes (I think) and still looks on to me, but just barely. You can see the tyre is on the curb, but it's not painted.

I think this is ok as you can see the edges of paint appear and disappear when the car clips out. (I can't upload the video as it's too big, but the two images below are the same shot with but one zoomed so that the car clipped)

I've focused on the rear as the front is always on.

So this looks fine to me. Sorry for the premature panic! It really did look off but the lack of paint fooled me :)

Attachments

• IMG_20190531_234335.jpg
    IMG_20190531_234335.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20190531_234327.jpg
    IMG_20190531_234327.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 15
I've had a closer look in photo mode and it looks like the curb needs a lick of paint! I think that's why it looked off to me at first glance.

This is as far over as the tyre goes (I think) and still looks on to me, but just barely. You can see the tyre is on the curb, but it's not painted.

I think this is ok as you can see the edges of paint appear and disappear when the car clips out. (I can't upload the video as it's too big, but the two images below are the same shot with but one zoomed so that the car clipped)

I've focused on the rear as the front is always on.

So this looks fine to me. Sorry for the premature panic! It really did look off but the lack of paint fooled me :)

I appreciate your efforts man, it’s very very close, I didn’t realize it was THAT close when I submitted the replay. Had I realized it was so close I’d have re done the lap. My apologies again for the inconvenience guys.

Haha, I had to scrap so many laps cos of T3. It never feels off until you watch the replay. I had a flawless lap (for me anyway!) in the 1:31 range then noticed on the replay I was off on that corner. Was fuming!

I really enjoyed the week though. Looking forward to being a bit more aggressive with the curbs now I know what's acceptable from these first couple of weeks :)

Haha, I had to scrap so many laps cos of T3. It never feels off until you watch the replay. I had a flawless lap (for me anyway!) in the 1:31 range then noticed on the replay I was off on that corner. Was fuming!

I really enjoyed the week though. Looking forward to being a bit more aggressive with the curbs now I know what's acceptable from these first couple of weeks :)

I hear ya man, I threw away sooo many laps because of T3. I’m just so used to being able to go wide there that it’s hard not to do it now. I will definitely look my replays over a lot better in the future though. :)

I enjoyed it too, it was a fun challenge weather my lap ends up counting or not. :)

Edit: Replay shared :)
Is anyone able to verify @Matt Jones (PSN mattinahat99) replay ASAP before these results go official in ~8hrs? @Karminio also needs to share his replay and have it checked.

As for the red flags for @SuperMegaGeek and @Pigems: I don't like doing this without verifying in the game myself, but I didn't have time. The evidence provided by you guys seems to show @SuperMegaGeek was off and @Pigems was *barely* on, so I've marked them red and green on the LB, respectively. Both of you learned some tactics for checking your own replays before submitting, so that's good. :)

As for the red flags for @SuperMegaGeek and @Pigems: I don't like doing this without verifying in the game myself, but I didn't have time. The evidence provided by you guys seems to show @SuperMegaGeek was off and @Pigems was *barely* on, so I've marked them red and green on the LB, respectively. Both of you learned some tactics for checking your own replays before submitting, so that's good. :)

Well mine was more thinking that the astro counted as on as that's what I see on TV (and TV never lies! Or so I thought!! :lol:)
I also thought touching the grass even for a millimetre was a nono but have been corrected on that.
So the main lesson I've learnt is that TV lies, pro drivers should all be disqualified and mainly I learnt that I'm an idiot.
But yeah, in all seriousness, I'm now a bit clearer on what is and isn't acceptable and thanks for the ongoing patience from you lovely forum folk having to deal with noobies like me without pulling your hair out.

Well mine was more thinking that the astro counted as on as that's what I see on TV (and TV never lies! Or so I thought!! :lol:)
I also thought touching the grass even for a millimetre was a nono but have been corrected on that.
So the main lesson I've learnt is that TV lies, pro drivers should all be disqualified and mainly I learnt that I'm an idiot.
But yeah, in all seriousness, I'm now a bit clearer on what is and isn't acceptable and thanks for the ongoing patience from you lovely forum folk having to deal with noobies like me without pulling your hair out.
Yeah man, it's one of those learning experiences. Being a noob myself, I also had one black flagged, my very first TT event. For a different reason, but still.

The important thing is to pay close attention to OP of the event. It always seems to be track specific, with information on what's allowed and what isn't.

TV lies! :lol:

Latest Posts

Back