GTP_WRS Week 79 : I M Back

• Thread starter GTP_Dutchy
  • 111 comments
Yup it's an ruse. Nah just kidin' :P i post the splits of my bestlap regardless of the splits. I dont feel the need to skew the temp result or play mind games:P

Feels good on turn 1, and seems to help on the hairpin. You hardly need the brakes anywhere else so it seems stable to me. Your splits are better than mine right now, so perhaps your set up is better 👍. I did just throw away a .4 thru T2 spinning on the last turn:crazy:.

Feels good on turn 1, and seems to help on the hairpin. You hardly need the brakes anywhere else so it seems stable to me. Your splits are better than mine right now, so perhaps your set up is better 👍. I did just throw away a .4 thru T2 spinning on the last turn:crazy:.

i'm just using default 5/5, i may give it a run at 1/4 and see how it goes

Have been finding time the last few days (except one day when I couldn't get within a second of my best time for some reason!). My issue is, every time I am up on my time, I end up spinning the wheels out of the hairpin, too slow out of the hairpin to avoid spinning the wheels, messing up my lines in the S, messing up the turn before the second straight and ad finitum....basically, if I improve, I mess up!

Been playing with brake bias adjustments...started with 4/7 which was okay but difficult on turn in, went to 3/5 which was much better and finally ended up with 3/3 (I remember someone posting about that number before so thanks) which is so much better getting round the hairpin.....I still find it strange that I can brake much later with a BB of 3/3 than with 4/7 as, in my mind, lower numbers equals much less braking power...I'll get my head round that one some day!

Anyway, have made marginal gains in the first sectors but managed to get 3 laps yesterday which improved my overall time so, all in all, am happy with my first week back:

S1: 29.917
S2: 1'01.300

Have we settled on a general consensus for brake balance? Haven't ran it since my 10 lap initial run and I'm going to have about 4 hours of free time tonight

i'm going to go ahead and submit my time just in case i'm not able to later, about to leave soon so just to be safe

and that is blistering @Gravitron

i'm still using 5/5 for brake balance, the car just felt weird when i changed it but i might try again later

and that is blistering @Gravitron

ANOTHER 1'00.5
Thanks Jeff, don't let your brother hog the wheel this weekend! :lol: Safe journey's. :gtpflag:

And now for some boring corner notes: :P
Gravy
Turn 1/2, the white curbing on the right for brake marker, and then I gas a little mid-turn and then just by feel for getting out of there. Min speed for the complex 69mph/110kph.

Turn 3 downhill right, min 82mph/131kph

Turn 4+5 uphill, min 85mph/136kph, might need half the car in the grass on the exit :dunce:

For the left-loop, hold the gas while turning in, let off and dab brake to a min of 90mph/144kph. Still not decided whether 3rd gear slows you down. ?

Hairpin, brake just after passing the next-to-last brake marker, and don't do the early downshift-bounce-off-the-limiter thing. min 41mph/65kph

Awkward downhill-left into the final chicane, I'm using the final brake marker, hard/quick brake and let it stall to zoom downhill, min 74mph/118kph

Final chicane make it as straight as possible, and give a dab of brake at the first apex so you can get on the gas ASAP. min 66mph/106kph

Final corner flat-out and shift to 4th right at the long apex.

Simples. :boggled:

The first sector is giving, uh, nothing at all.

I hear you. :crazy: I was off making sandcastles on most laps. And then continue on, because that means faster S/F speeds than a restart. :odd:

It may be time to clear my LB of Week 1 entries. :D

Attachments

• 20150723_212149.jpg
    20150723_212149.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 28
Have we settled on a general consensus for brake balance? Haven't ran it since my 10 lap initial run and I'm going to have about 4 hours of free time tonight

I would assume that > rear brake bias settings are a little more difficult to control with a DS3 vs. wheel?

All my fastest laps have came with a 3/10 BB, maybe I need to take another look at that. :crazy:

I would assume that > rear brake bias settings are a little more difficult to control with a DS3 vs. wheel?

All my fastest laps have came with a 3/10 BB, maybe I need to take another look at that. :crazy:

Having only used a DS3, I can't comment on the difference with a wheel. Using a DS3 with auto shift and the old X/square combo (ancient way of doing things I know but no choice unfortunately), I have found that 3/3 seems to suit best, at least suits me best anyway....I tired 1/4 yesterday as suggested by someone above but, while I did improve my first 2 sector times marginally, I found I couldn't get consistency with it (not sure if it was locking up more or just not right for me)...having said that, having front bias at 1 was helping with corner turn in. Not sure if any of that helps at all given I'm a lot slower than you

Decided to try again with a BB of 1/4 and seem to have got a handle on it as I managed a full house of improvements (every sector and the overall lap)..not on the same lap of course lol. I feel like I am getting everything I can out of Sector 1 but I can never nail Sector 2 when I do well in 1...however, as my overall lap time is improving I can't really complain...may give Ed's 1/7 BB a go tomorrow to see if it helps things:

S1: 29.836
S2: 1'01.219

Latest Posts

Back