GTP_WRS Week 81: Flat Out

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 128 comments

Thats me done. Got to be honest I struggled with this one. I think my big issue was the length of the track - screwing things up then you've got another 3+ minutes to fix the issue the next time round or hit restart. Maybe it's impatience and also I much more enjoy smaller tracks. I'm whinging, I'll stop the now haha

Well, after 2 hours of trying I can’t put in a clean lap to beat my current time. So annoying, I think I restarted no less than 40 times due to messing the first few corners up. I managed to get S1 down to 31.6** but just couldn’t match it again and couldn’t put a clean lap in for the last 2 sectors when I did get it.

So frustrating but this has beat me now, shame as I know I am at least .5 second faster. :banghead:

Time submitted.

Just 'improved' my time a bit... watched replay.. dirty :banghead::banghead::banghead:...
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20190617065409.png
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20190617065451.png

Or is it? :confused::confused:

Looks clean to me, you have the whole kerb to run over. Or is from my understanding.
Hopefully it is... hopefully I get more time to run more laps before deadline.. inproved my time at the line but have some worse splits.

the white lines are limits unless backed by a rumble strip

Good rule of thumb for most weeks, but specific rule this week from what I can tell.

If anyone’s wondering why I haven’t had a go at this, don’t have this car, just barely have the credits (and don’t have car for new combo yet), and my right little toe may be broken, so I haven’t driven much recently anyway.

Actually, a little off topic, I haven’t been able to knock off the rust this time (the last couple of months I guess) so driving still feels... weird. Does anybody have any ideas? I’d really like to start running regularly again, I miss this. :)

Actually, a little off topic, I haven’t been able to knock off the rust this time (the last couple of months I guess) so driving still feels... weird. Does anybody have any ideas? I’d really like to start running regularly again, I miss this. :)
I find that how often I run makes a bigger difference than how many hours/miles.

I'll always perform best on a combo I run every day, even if it's just daily workout mileage until the weekend comes around.

I had about 6 months between combo submissions in GT6 the year I relocated, so that's the longest I've ever gone without driving on GT.

I had a bit of real life racing in there, but still had a solid 5 months or so with no racing.

Was not that tough for me to find pace again, just needed to run multiple sessions.

I actually got my D1 promotion less than 10 weeks and 4 submitted events after returning.

This car has been a joy to drive.

BB+1

Unfortunately, I had an absolute shocker through the Ford chicanes :banghead: especially compared to the lap I previously did on this run (albeit that was a dodgy run through there), so I'll drop a few positions down the order. But quite pleased with how this combo has gone, good luck all.
Lap submitted

Had to put in many laps to get that just perfect one. Not done yet though, will be churning out more and Searching for that lap of the gods.

Just got back home and completely forgot to post my improved splits and submit my time.

Submitting now, good luck to all :cheers:

Just watched the replay and while I initailly feel I am clean and just abit on the edge, I'd like a second opinion while there is still time:

20190617_171541.jpg

20190617_172129.jpg

Ford Chicanes, first portion. That look clean to anyone else?

Just watched the replay and while I initailly feel I am clean and just abit on the edge, I'd like a second opinion while there is still time:

View attachment 829280
View attachment 829282

Ford Chicanes, first portion. That look clean to anyone else?
Yes, you just need to have a portion of the right side tire contact patch on that rumble strip.

From that angle and point in time, looks clean by miles.

EDK
Yes, you just need to have a portion of the right side tire contact patch on that rumble strip.

From that angle and point in time, looks clean by miles.

Awesome, I know I can be right on the ragged edge at times so just wanted to make sure 👍

Back