GTP_WRS Week 82 : Back to Back

• Thread starter EDK
  • 77 comments
Nice splits, i’m close to them but that last chicane kills me everytime.

Thanks. :cheers:

You don’t want to make any quick motions in this car, easy on the wheel, easy on the brakes(it’s really easy to over brake and lose to much speed), Easy back onto the throttle, and keep try to a little throttle on when braking, it helps keep the tail in check. You’ll get it. :)

Thanks. :cheers:

You don’t want to make any quick motions in this car, easy on the wheel, easy on the brakes(it’s really easy to over brake and lose to much speed), Easy back onto the throttle, and keep try to a little throttle on when braking, it helps keep the tail in check. You’ll get it. :)

Thats what i’m doing but it is hard to throttle and moreso brake control on the DS4, lol.

R2-Throttle
L2-Brakes

Right analogue stick for gears.

Do you hold the left stick full forwards and roll it around the rim/stopper of its housing or leave it neutral and move it from the Center? I’ve heard it’s easier to be gentle on/with the stick while rolling it along the forward part of the rim/stoppers. :)

I’ll be on in 2 min @suprajef

Lobby open, all welcome for shenanigans

Edit, whoops, gotta buy the car on this account, gimme 5 mic

Edit2, open, just waiting

0475 4190 0812 5543 7380

Last edited:
Do you hold the left stick full forwards and roll it around the rim/stopper of its housing or leave it neutral and move it from the Center? I’ve heard it’s easier to be gentle on/with the stick while rolling it along the forward part of the rim/stoppers. :)

I’ll be on in 2 min @suprajef

Mainly from centre. I might give it a go but I’ve done it this way for so long I will probably be worse, lol.

I have hit a wall, literally, ha, so that’s me for tonight. I’ve got more in me but can’t keep a whole lap good.

Mainly from centre. I might give it a go but I’ve done it this way for so long I will probably be worse, lol.

I have hit a wall, literally, ha, so that’s me for tonight. I’ve got more in me but can’t keep a whole lap good.
Join us if ya can, it will help I promise

I tried to stay away... honest :P Couldn't resist a crack at this combo as it's Goodwood and this little Porsche is something else!! :cheers:
Here's my best clean lap so far.. been faster at T2 only to scuff the chicane on the way home :banghead:

Great combo I'll be back 👍

first dozen of laps and probably no more.. but disappointed that the oversteer is all lift off, with the open diff it really means sliding is the enemy.

Looking at leaderboard and then at first post, I am worried that I didn't have comfort softs on.. Can anybody tell me if they are the default tyres the car comes on?
:embarrassed:

Reactions: EDK
Looking at leaderboard and then at first post, I am worried that I didn't have comfort softs on.. Can anybody tell me if they are the default tyres the car comes on?
:embarrassed:

It comes on Sports Hard, or whatever the one is up from CS. I bought the car and had to change them. Not sure how much of a difference it makes in time.

Took me forever to land 1 decent lap.
So as you can see much slower, on top of which I believe I did a much better job on the comfort sorts, desperately trying to not be completely off after my erroneous entry.

Nice lap, shows the difference even the lower graded tyres can make. I managed to get a 30.6 once, most are .8/9 but could never keep a clean lap.

I had a few 30.4/5 but like you I would then waste the lap. With the comfort softs costly mistakes were awaiting everywhere.
For sector 1 it's really all about the slight lift off the gas and turn in straight to the first apex. if you don't go wide, then you have an easy flat out the rest of the way, maybe just a little bit of throttle control if needed to keep traction as high as possible.

Have you ever tried motion sensor control? I believe that for a time attack it will be faster than the stick.. Using it in a race in the middle of a wild pack is another story though.

View media item 51320

Last edited:
Back