GTP_WRS Week 82 : Fujiception

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 139 comments
Before I post my new splits, I just want to make sure one more time that it's not 2 wheels out of tarmac considered dirty, but 2 wheels out of the rumble strip/apex. According to this:

flfrjl5h7lx4zdtizb_0-jpg.431442

Can't submit, on vacation. Got into the 57.6s in Sector 2, but needed a lot more work.

My final session yesterday saw a lot of experimentation with setup and I finally found some consistency!! Never thought that would happen with this combo so, even though my time is not that good, I am still happy to have finally found a setup that worked for me.

Time-wise, I improved my overall time by a tenth so nothing to shout about but I did beat my previous best lap 4 times so, as I said, a lot more consistency (generally, a bad lap was half a second or less slower than my best lap as opposed to before where a bad lap was anything up to 2 seconds slower!). The setup has cost me a tenth in sector 1 as I couldn't get sub 23 but it was a lot more stable through the corners and on corner turn in and exit.

Can't remember the setup exactly as I didn't write it down but it was with ride height at about 80/80, springs were about a third from minimum front and half at rear.....TOE was set at -0.40/0, ext and comp were 2/3 and 3/4, ARB 6/6. Values may have been slightly different but it's pretty close to that. Anyway, after the frustration I went through with this, to end up with a car that reacts how I want and lets me be consistent, is more important to me than the time I set (not to mention the satisfaction of managing to successfully tune something when I still don't fully understand it all!)

S1: 23.021
S2: 57.738

Final splits submitted & accepted. Good luck to all. 👍

I never could get through the final sector very well with the "recommended" ride height even though I was > .4 faster to t2 that way. My final lap did have my best final sector of the entire week so its not all bad.

After trying to improve and feeling like giving up, I finally got into 'the zone' and banged a good couple of splits in, (for me), but felt that I left some time in the last sector.

Submitted and accepted but might give it some more goes up until the deadline to try and get a more satisfactory 3rd sector.

Good luck all :cheers:

Wasn't able to improve on my previous lap in sufficient time and I need to start focusing on the Nurburgring 24 Hours GT6 endurance race. Replay has been submitted and accepted, good luck everyone.

Back