GTP_WRS Week 82 : Fujiception

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 139 comments
Urgh...I just cannot get a handle on this combo. I can't get into a rhythm and can't get consistent laps together...one lap I'll do a reasonable time and then the next lap I'm a second off. Have managed a .6 split (with the expected slow final sector) but I really have no clue how I managed it as, since that time, I haven't managed to break under the 58 mark! So frustrating, especially as I have got sector 1 down and can frequently get a .9 there (and almost get a .8).

Set-up wise I have tried a variety....tried @mr_lab_rat unorthodox settings and improved my overall time and set the .6 split time but was then nowhere with it and just didn't feel comfortable with it so tried a more orthodox setup and, while it felt more comfortable, the car more settled and corner turn in pretty similar, I just couldn't get the times. Fastest times have been run with a rearwards bb but not sure if it's the right way to go as tried default and it made no difference.

As for trying manual shifting, I am not even going there with this combo...given I am not very comfortable with it, it will just end up making me even worse than I already am (not that I could get much worse lol). I may have another try this afternoon to see if I can find something somewhere but am not hopeful...think I will just have to accept that this combo has beaten me..such a shame as I like Fuji normally and I do like this car

S1: 23.193
S2: 58.109

Don't focus too much on the splits,especially T1.
Try a set-up which you can run consistent third sectors with.

Hi guys, got my first run with this combo this morning.

Love hammering round Fuji, reminds me of the good ole days on the GT5P WRS. Enjoying the car as well, though to be honest I thought it'd have a bit more grunt than it does.

First splits,

Last edited:
Don't focus too much on the splits,especially T1.
Try a set-up which you can run consistent third sectors with.

That's the problem....the only thing I am consistent with, regardless of setup, is my inconsistency :lol: My third sector is even more inconsistent than the other 2! If only I could work out what was so different on my quickest lap versus later ones, I could probably improve..but even running with the ghost on still doesn't tell me.

@nursemorph one thing you can do is use the data logger to compare any lap to your "good" lap.

For what it is worth my fastest laps are with ride height 85/85, if I try and lower the rear I'm just not as consistent and less likely to "complete" a lap.

Also if you look at the WRS archive you will find we did a TT at this track not too long ago (with 2 different types of cars) and a video of the winning lap is in each of the threads.

I hope this helps & good luck 👍

@RuddRacer I never even think about the data logger as I have never used it so will have to remember that in future. Ride height is the same with me...I have been running with the front slightly higher but I also have changed some other settings which overall is driveable. I actually had a look at a video of a hot lap on Youtube earlier and saw that I needed to change my line etc through the second corner of sector 2 which helped...didn't get as far as doing anything else though

I have managed to improve today...by about a quarter car's length! It would have been two tenths but I had a quick dirty lap which I continued on with and set 2 faster laps than my best but slower than the dirty lap so that's annoying but my own fault for not learning from my previous mistakes! Anyway, finally managed to get under 58 for the split and managed a .8 sector 1 although no idea how as it was a one-off

S1: 22.994
S2: 57.844

After attempting another session yesterday, messing with BB settings and ride height, I found I couldn't get close to my previous ghost. :confused:

I reverted back to the previous sessions' settings and found a little improvement on the splits but improved by 0.5secs at the line as my T3 wasn't good. :crazy:

Will try to give this another go before submitting on Monday but can't see much room for improvement unless I swap over to the wheel and manual but even then it'll be hardly anything.

Great splits from across the leaderboard, not much in it at all. 👍

so after the ww race, did a little practice and improved a lot, i just wish i could have an incident free race sometime

New splits:

T2 improved slightly. The suspension setup I'm using is NOT Mike's, sadly, as I'm still not a fan of having the nose of the car pointing to space. I can hear you guys saying, "But it's the only way to go fast," and you could be right, but I'm not running that setup now or ever. I'm happy with my current setup, so there you go.

So what ride height did you settle on?
I don't think automatic gearbox is hurting you too much on this one. I shift right at the redline.

Not at the PS3 at the moment but its a front up, maybe 90,70 - not too sure.

My improvement in total time was more due to the fact I nailed the last sector, which was unusual because I'm usually restarting after turn 1 or 2 so I hardly ever get to last sector - must stop doing this. :rolleyes:

It's mad how that suspension setting will work on almost any car, making it instantly competitive, but it's PDs fault for making a farce of tuning in this game - plus I hate tuning as it takes waaaay too much time.

Yep, auto isn't such an issue on this TT - wtf with that ratio gap between 5th and 6th though?!? Jeeez :lol:

Had another run this morning,

Managed my fastest lap despite this hairy moment at turn 2. Still 2 wheels on the track...just. After careful scrutineering of the replay, I can confirm this is as far as the back wheels went toward the turf!! A little too close!!

FlfrjL5h7LX4ZDtiZb_0.jpg

Had another run this morning,

Managed my fastest lap despite this hairy moment at turn 2. Still 2 wheels on the track...just. After careful scrutineering of the replay, I can confirm this is as far as the back wheels went toward the turf!! A little too close!!

View attachment 431442
Wait, I thought we had to keep 2 wheels on the tarmac! :banghead: I have to rush back home to get a better lap now that I know this. Corner cutting, here I come!

Thanks to mr_lab_rat for the setup tip. Thanks to that, and some more practice, I was able to cut a lot of time in all sectors and especially the last one. The understeer is still bad as always on this track, but I think the setup gives you more rear grip out of the slow turns.

Turns out a sub 23 first split isn't that hard once you get the braking spot right. Though I find it very hard to do consistently and often find myself either early or late braking.

I know for a fact that it's possible to go much faster. I have managed to get a 22.8 followed by a 57.8, but lost it all due to a sloppy last sector. There also seems to be a curse when you are well ahead of your ghost at a split, the ghost always seem to take its revenge by making you run wide in the first turn after the split.

A big improvement when I managed to get one of those golden laps (by my standards) going, even getting sub 57.8 in T2 which I think is a record for me. This time I managed to get a clean final sector, although with a slightly wide line in the second to last turn, but I kept my advantage from T2 to the finish line.

This is possibly the best time I will get. I have no idea how it is possible to find even more time in T1 and T2. As always, really impressed by the times on the leaderboard 👍

Back