GTP_WRS Week 83 : Tiny Dancer

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 106 comments
Knew mcsqueegy would come in with a thundering opener :bowdown:👍 it gives the rest of us a bullseye to chip away at :D

Gonna get some more laps on this later and try to improve... great splits posted guys should be a close week :cheers:

I beat my lap at last... must have stayed on it too long last night as refreshed it's not as arduous :)

Seen some 38.5's so going back for more 👍

edit:

Last edited:
I must admit, I am having more fun on this one then the last event,

Yeah, I know that feeling.....I think it's a combination of a shorter track combined with a fun car, albeit slow....it was a great choice to put comfort tyres on it as it makes it more challenging yet controllable. For me, it is the fact that I have had to change my driving style almost completely for this one that makes it much more fun

Managed to improve marginally today and have seen a .4 first sector but not sure how I managed it. Have also spent a while trying different controller configurations to see if I can manage manual gearbox while having the triggers being used for accel/brake....found a setup that is doable: Triggers for acel/brake, right stick up/down for the gears (not sure about using the trigger for brake given my issues a couple of weeks ago with steering going wrong when I tried steering and braking at the same time)....and am less than half second off my best lap so that's an encouraging start given I'm not used to proper throttle control (as opposed to just rapidly pressing the x button of course!). Anyway, I will keep trying it to see what happens and, hopefully, I can get used to it

S1: 17.538
S2: 39.204

So rusty after the break i had. I was busy last weeks and then vacation time for me. Time to wipe the dust from my wheel :D

Bad splits, really dunno where i left my skills

This is so hard.
Really struggling with the right lines and brake balance.
Already losing patience too which is not a good sign at all. No two laps even remotely the same.

Best one so far

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Half a second at the line! Marginally faster s2 splits too simply means I'm leaving a heap out there.

Actually slower overall splits with a half second gain is scary whwre am I losing time or have I just nailed s3 perhaps

Was just gonna do a couple of installation laps, ended up doing quite a lot of attempts. Still haven't figured out the last turn but I was able to really squeeze the most out of the first 2 sectors since I couldn't improve my splits any more.

In the first hairpin it is hard not to understeer out on exit. Also experimented with a slow in-late apex-fast out approach but that was much slower than the symmetric line. In the second hairpin (the left hand one) the rear end tends to go out under braking making you enter the turn with a slight slide, absolutely killing your speed.

I had some more laps tonight and saw best of .185 at T1 and .519 at T2 but i never beat my best from last night due to scrubbing speed on the final turn :mad: will have some more laps before the deadline but seems i'm out of steam for now :(

Great splits by All... especially the wife ;) 👍

so I had more fun today on this for about 30 mins before the little 🤬 off nephews and niece turned up and took control of the ps3, so I managed to improve a little bit,

For some reason slower in the T1 but gained alot in T2.

Submitted and accepted, hope everyone meets there target times. So good luck.

Last edited:
Back