GTP_WRS Week 9 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 138 comments
Since I can't make it around the track in week 10 I think I'm going to use this week to chase some ghosts of week 8 and 9, if I can figure it out.
Here is my replay,hopefully right the first time, please and thank you.

Attachments

• WRS_Week 9 Replay.zip
    247.5 KB · Views: 8
GTP_Insatiable
gflagjn4.gif

good lap, with the windscreen wipers on. :dopey:

And GTP_Plato: I tried to check but you renamed your map so my PS3 can't read it.

GTP_UsualSuspect
gflagjn4.gif

Nice lap, especially T2. But what is it with the TCS :odd: :) ? I see it kicking in twice, and both times it does not help at all. If you can do a 1'26.6 with TCS, you can also do it without! Especially in a car like this which has so much traction already.

GTP_Zoky_CRO
gflagjn4.gif

Amazing time :cheers:

And nice sliding. Now I see what you are using that huge rear brake bias for 👍

GTP_Insatiable
gflagjn4.gif

good lap, with the windscreen wipers on. :dopey:

And GTP_Plato: I tried to check but you renamed your map so my PS3 can't read it.

My alternative to rage quitting is to spam the L3/R3 which sounds the horn and puts the wipers on. Since this car had no horn, I had to make do with spamming the wipers! 💡

Thanks for checking! 👍

Here is my replay, congrats to all the participants. BloodiMayhem, it was close, I was following you on the leaderboards all week.

Attachments

• Darkstar74 WRS week 9.zip
    245.5 KB · Views: 9
Some stunning times in there and some good competition in D2 and 3. Fairly happy with that, given how bad my T1 was, I'll take being half a tenth off a D1 Silver time, which is my target every week. I think my problems in T1 was just a lack of being smooth and trying to gain too much time, but meh, I still really enjoyed the combo. T2 and T3 in particular were quite strong. The chicane in T3 was really fun, I actually found trying to use too much of the kerb was a bit of a hindrance as it would throw the car out a bit too much, with the higher level of kerb on the inside.

Congrats to all the winners, and I can sense Vagabond has D1B on his tastebuds. Well done buddy.

Please let me know if this works, been having problems with the computer

My PAL replay

Attachments

• GTP_Plato Week 9 1'26.122.zip
    239.4 KB · Views: 10
Where do you find the green flag? I have verified GTP_CHUK. Just don't know how to make it official...

Last edited:
Where do you find the green flag? I have verified GTP_CHUK. Just don't know how to make it official...

Copy and paste from somebody that has already verified a lap

Sorry maybe should explain better, go to the advanced options, scroll down to somebody that has already verified a lap, right click on the flag symbol, and then go up to insert image and right click again and paste it

Last edited:
GTP_Carlos
gflagjn4.gif

Very nice T2. If I am to say anything it is turn down TC, you are good enough to do without it 👍 (and you will be faster :))

Thanks cicua - the tcs (set at 2) doesn't normally get a look in, but it provided some consistency for me, especially as my lap, and all my other fast laps, was done on cold tyres. I just seemed to prefer the balance of the car like that for some reason. Thanks for the props on T2 - at the end I was able to run a .6 quite regularly, and from watch Daniel and Vagabond's replays I took two of the three corners in a higher gear. Seemed to help me judge entry speed, control wheelspin and also the engine has a lot of torque, so straightline speed wasn't overly compromised.

My issue was always turn 4 and the chicane...

Last edited:
Here's my replay. Was never quite certain what I was doing this week, which gear to choose etc and managed to consistently overshoot the first hairpin no matter how hard I tried. I had also assumed for quite a while that I'd gone off on the chicane but after I checked it looked okay so I stuck with this one.

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    244.6 KB · Views: 7
GTP_UsualSuspect
gflagjn4.gif

Nice lap, especially T2. But what is it with the TCS :odd: :) ? I see it kicking in twice, and both times it does not help at all. If you can do a 1'26.6 with TCS, you can also do it without! Especially in a car like this which has so much traction already.

Thanks for checking 👍👍

Didn´t notice i made that time using TCS, because i never use it.
I remember early on the week someone said something about using this and i gave it a try, but i didn´t liked as always.
Could it be i forgot to change the settings, and even so made this time :crazy:
Just for record, how could i see the "TCS kicking" on the replay?

Yeah, just put
instead of that should do it. [quote="Dark...I'm slower than you so no pointers...[/QUOTE]

Any chance somebody can check my new replay I put up, there was problems with the old one and want to know if this is ok, if not i'm not sure whats going wrong 👍

GTP_CHUK http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/994/gflagjn4.gif
Nice, clean lap. Sorry, I'm slower than you so no pointers...

Just use the quote button from Vaxen's OP (opening post) of each thread and copy/paste it into the reply.
You have the correct URL but you need to put
instead of [URL's].
No need to worry about upper/lower case lettering.

Use the quote button from this post for now.
Copy and paste the following text.

gflagjn4.gif

This is for those not using Safari.

Just for record, how could i see the "TCS kicking" on the replay?

When the top of the throttle bar becomes red instead of white, is when TCS is braking for you.

And the secret way...

You can open the RA menu in a replay and see what settings the driver used. Map the X button of the DS3 to "Open RA menu", watch replay in bumper cam and click "Remove On-Screen Data" (fourth button from bottom left), the RA menu will appear. If you click Down it disappears. Click Remove..., Down, Remove, then it reappears with the next setting.

When the top of the throttle bar becomes red instead of white, is when TCS is braking for you.

And the secret way...

You can open the RA menu in a replay and see what settings the driver used. Map the X button of the DS3 to "Open RA menu", watch replay in bumper cam and click "Remove On-Screen Data" (fourth button from bottom left), the RA menu will appear. If you click Down it disappears. Click Remove..., Down, Remove, then it reappears with the next setting.

Live and learn 👍

Thanks for checking Darkstar! 👍
And don't worry, I usually need Jake or Kenny around for both uploading and downloading replays, let alone the flag. I'm getting better through practice though, so have hope. If I can learn to do it, anyone can!! :dopey:

Here's my replay

congrats to D3 mob..nice times

:)

Attachments

• GTP_el_loco WRS WEEK 9.rar
    241.7 KB · Views: 12
Here's my replay.

Jerome

Attachments

• GTP_Jump_Ace WRS Week 9.zip
    241 KB · Views: 9
Congrats to all division winners and podiums 👍

GTP_Plato
gflagjn4.gif
Nice lap

And of course :cheers: to all for a good week :)

Congrats to all division winners and podiums 👍

GTP_Plato
gflagjn4.gif
Nice lap

And of course :cheers: to all for a good week :)

Thanks for checking 👍

I just wish I could of got the T2 hairpin right, I struggled with it all week. I saw what I was doing wrong after watching a couple of other replays. I was short shifting to third to early in the hairpin and sacrificing a faster exit.

My target all week was to break into the 1'25s, I knew it was in me to get one if I got the hairpin right. I managed to get it right once with about an hour to go before the deadline and was over 2 tenths up on my time but I was to keen to get on the gas out of the last corner and span out :dunce: Thats the way it goes though, still more than happy to be on the podium as when I saw the track that was picked, I knew i was going to struggle, but I didn't do as bad as I thought.

I will have a look at your replay later on :)

Back