GTP_WRS Week 90 : Drophead Gorgeous

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 141 comments
I'm really enjoying this little combo. 👍
I changed the time to 16:00 like Advqnce and Randy, I do find the lighting better and the track a little easier to see, plus I hate mornings and would much rather run in the afternoon. :cool:
Brake balance at 4/8.

You don't need to worry about the white lines in the chicane. Let the game decide if the lap is clean.

Thanks Mike! saved me loads of time with that reply as I have already ditched some laps I considered dirty myself yet the game allowed it, I will read more info on the main post in future ;)

Cheers mate :cheers:

if this is the case then brillant more time to be had :cheers:

This is indeed the case. As noted in the initial post:

"Tarmac and red and white rumble strips are track. Ignore the white lines, as long as you aren't red-lapped."

Had a big mixed bag of pb splits but this is best time at the line so far. Seems a bit of fiddly to find exactly what will cause a red flag in some sections.

You guys miss me yet? I miss racing with you all, but I'm not sure how much longer I'll be out of racing.

You guys miss me yet? I miss racing with you all, but I'm not sure how much longer I'll be out of racing.
We never said you couldn't participate in WRS time trials. As for when you can race online with us again, we'll need to see evidence of an attitude change.

I had a whale of a time about 15-20 years ago on this track in a Formula Ford.

A standard Silverstone track day but was disappointed that it was on the poxy in-field circuit but that soon changed as I got in the car and started to rag it.

It didn't have the chicane on the start/finish straight and I think the last turn was different and it was a bit of a nightmare as it started to rain, what with all the white lines making it very slippy.

There was me in my Jeans and T-shirt and borrowed helmet and gloves, lapping with the people who turned up in their Race suits, boots and helmets.

Did make me smile as I circulated and lapped most of them within the 20 or so minutes we had. :lol:

Spent an hour on it yesterday and was running BB 5/5.

Once I got used the 1st chicane was running consistent 16.7/8s and took ages just learning the car/rest of the course but did see a .437 t1 only to blow the lap in the last few turns.

Got back on it today and ran the Macca default BB of 3/5 and it didn't feel much different to be honest but got a solid lap in, taking 6 tenths off the total.

That first chicane is causing me loads of restarts but hopefully, I'll get turn-in more consistent.

Last edited:
I had few short sessions already and I fiddled with the brake balance. 3/7 gives me advantage in T1 and I'm seeing a lot of 16.5s. 1/5 seems to work better for the first turn after the straight in the middle sector.

@mr_lab_rat for some reason in the leaderboard appears my S1: 0'17.046 and should be 0´17.000
Fetchy read it before you corrected your post by editing it. Once he has seen splits, he doesn't go back to look for edits. So they only way to fix it is to make a new post with the correct splits.

Back