GTP_WRS Week 95: Dat Rising Sun

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 136 comments
I seem to be at my limit, to do a faster lap I need to improve my T1 time. I've been trying to replicate how @mcsqueegy does it in his video but after +1,100 miles I've only hit .6xx a few times. (could swear I nailed the turn properly)

Am I correct, the speed you carry through the "S" and into the underpass is important but the entry & exit of the turn either makes or brakes the T1 split?

I seem to be at my limit, to do a faster lap I need to improve my T1 time. I've been trying to replicate how @mcsqueegy does it in his video but after +1,100 miles I've only hit .6xx a few times. (could swear I nailed the turn properly)

Am I correct, the speed you carry through the "S" and into the underpass is important but the entry & exit of the turn either makes or brakes the T1 split?
From what I've noticed, the entry speed you carry into the underpass as well as nailing the right braking point into the hairpin on the way out are what really makes the T1 split. You really have to get the right line into the S to be able to go into the underpass at a high speed.

So far, I'm satisfied with my times and I'm pretty much done for the week. I can't really keep torturing myself, as I might end breaking my DS3 sooner than expected. :lol::lol:

It's mainly the exit of the hairpin that makes t1. Overpowered entry to the tunnel might destroy your exit

Final attempt on this

Was frustrated by the first two sectors then hit the magic kerb on the outside of the final double right onto the start/finish straight.

@Meister Fetz Such a hard entry! :bowdown: Though I think both rear wheels hit the blue tarmac on the underpass even before the rumble. Still, I can see a monster lap if you can do this again and iron out T3.

@Antares26 - that's clean ;)
  • Black Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track. Blue Painted Tarmac behind the rumble strips in the Tunnels is not track.
Not on the blue behind the rumbles - just a bit before and onto the curb with the rears :P

@Antares26 - hey, that's clean ;)
  • Black Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track. Blue Painted Tarmac behind the rumble strips in the Tunnels is not track.
Not on the blue behind the rumbles - just a bit before and onto the curb with the rears :P
I meant before the rumble, the right rear looked like it was on the blue tarmac just before it went onto the curb. Exactly at 13 seconds into the vid.

I'm actually confirming if this is clean at the same time cause I've went into the underpass the same way (only slower speed) a few times before, though back then I was doubting if it was clean.

It is. The rules clearly say the blue is only illegal behind the rumbles in the tunnel - rest of the blue is legal. It's real slippery and very hard to hit and a 90% chance to slide over the legal zone, but if it happens right you're good.

It is. The rules clearly say the blue is only illegal behind the rumbles in the tunnel - rest of the blue is legal. It's real slippery and very hard to hit and a 90% chance to slide over the legal zone, but if it happens right you're good.
Oh good. I think I can now aim for a better time thanks to that, as I've always considered just going four wheels on the blue illegal. Thanks for the vid and the clarification on track limits @Meister Fetz

If I can just hit my target lap time, I'll be happy. I'm only a few hundredths away but my current pace is just not making it in, whenever I get a good T1 and T2 I get hit with the T3 curse. :crazy:

If this is true then I have been losing time by always keeping my car 2 wheels on the black tarmac.

Its like the reverse of the exit of Ascari chicane at Monza, you have the red/white strip followed by the tarmac. You can have 4 wheels on the strip but if you weren't back with two over the white line at the end of the strip you run out of the boundaries by having all 4 wheels over the white line. If they didn't allow that I can't see how they can allow this. I could be wrong, need a moderator to confirm it.

been losing time by always keeping my car 2 wheels on the black tarmac.
I loose there ;) - the blue is emergency exit and it's real slippery. Crossing back over the curbs is not too good for the grip through the exit as well. .19 works as well without blue tarmac. Just the only one I saved.

I know it's late this week, but I did hit it today first time
T1 28.190 - just need to overcome that mental block that always lets me mess up t3 when I'm real good up to t2 :grumpy:

Good luck guys!

None of the blue is legal. Sorry if that wasn't clear in the OP.

OK. Thanks Lucas! - so ignore some parts of the vid - going into the tunnel a bit too early was the mistake there.
EDIT: Sorry guys! If you close turn 1 a tiny bit more and get turn2 with a tiny bit later apex it can still end with the same time. I really failed interpreting rules -

luckily my best lap can stay.

Last edited:
Was gonna do a few laps before I went out, but unfortunately my wheel has decided to pack up and only the buttons are working on it.

Back