GTP_WRS Week 95: Dat Rising Sun

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 136 comments
I know it's late this week, but I did hit it today first time
T1 28.190

👍 Thanks for posting your video @Meister Fetz, it helped to clear up some misconceptions I had on how to do that hairpin. :bowdown:

Only took 3 laps to break into the .5xx's, now my current PB is a .472, just need to string together a good lap before the deadline to take advantage of the faster T1.

I fell way short of my "potential" this week as evident by getting the exact same best lap time twice, and neither of the two laps included a single PB sector time (it was not for a lack of trying) :crazy:

The one I'm submitting has a terrible 2nd sector time over 0.300 slower than my PB and the "other" one had a crappy T1 of 28.733. :grumpy:

Final Splits Submitted

Good Luck to All! 👍

Thanks to @Meister Fetz Sector 1 video, I changed how I approached it and managed to get a couple of .5s which i didn't think possible as my previous best was a high 6.

After days of struggling and only getting within a tenth of my best lap time, I almost didn't run again but decided to give it one final go...was nowhere in the first 20 laps but then somehow managed to improve my best lap by just under a tenth and, the very next lap, managed to improve it again by another 2 tenths, thanks to a new PB final sector (found extra speed coming out of the ess after the split) as I was level at the sector 2 split. So, after days of struggling, I have managed to improve by almost 3 tenths today :eek:

So, I end the week a little more positive than before, though still not happy with the time....I have been consistent though as, from first to last on my leaderboard, were seperated by a tenth and a half prior to today's improvement! Good luck to those still running

S1: 28.675
S2: 56.608

👍 Thanks for posting your video @Meister Fetz, it helped to clear up some misconceptions I had on how to do that hairpin. :bowdown:

Only took 3 laps to break into the .5xx's, now my current PB is a .472, just need to string together a good lap before the deadline to take advantage of the faster T1.

Thanks to @Meister Fetz Sector 1 video, I changed how I approached it and managed to get a couple of .5s which i didn't think possible as my previous best was a high 6.

After days of struggling and only getting within a tenth of my best lap time, I almost didn't run again but decided to give it one final go...was nowhere in the first 20 laps but then somehow managed to improve my best lap by just under a tenth and, the very next lap, managed to improve it again by another 2 tenths, thanks to a new PB final sector (found extra speed coming out of the ess after the split) as I was level at the sector 2 split. So, after days of struggling, I have managed to improve by almost 3 tenths today :eek:

So, I end the week a little more positive than before, though still not happy with the time....I have been consistent though as, from first to last on my leaderboard, were seperated by a tenth and a half prior to today's improvement! Good luck to those still running

S1: 28.675
S2: 56.608

Always appreciate it when I'm able to help out! I hope you realized in the following postings that the right rear tire touching the blue part in the tunnel was dirty in the video?

Always appreciate it when I'm able to help out! I hope you realized in the following postings that the right rear tire touching the blue part in the tunnel was dirty in the video?

Yeah, I realised the blue area was dirty but I figured that from the start of the week and was driving accordingly. To be honest, it wasn't really an issue for me as, due to lack of skill and reactions, I was having to brake to enter the tunnel anyway :lol: Your video helped most in showing that I didn't need to brake into the first corner at the top of the hill

Never got back to this so I submitted my lap from the leaderboard... currently doing 6 night weeks for a month whilst training in a motorway service station so my WRS time is cut down dramatically and the job is super boring, If only I could take all my kit to work with me as sometimes there's no customers for 2 hours and I could find better things to do than twiddle my thumbs and watch cctv screens :D

Great updates from racers in all divisions as the week progressed... Best of luck to everyone in the results 👍

Submitted with the splits on the board.
Discovered there's even more left in the last sector,but allways run them in a lap when i don't need it :banghead:
Good luck everyone
:gtpflag:

Never got back to this so I submitted my lap from the leaderboard... currently doing 6 night weeks for a month whilst training in a motorway service station so my WRS time is cut down dramatically and the job is super boring, If only I could take all my kit to work with me as sometimes there's no customers for 2 hours and I could find better things to do than twiddle my thumbs and watch cctv screens :D

Great updates from racers in all divisions as the week progressed... Best of luck to everyone in the results 👍
Try putting the course maker on your phone and see what you come up with. I'm sure that can make the time pass.;)

Latest Posts

Back