GTP_WRS Week 96 : Xcape!

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 97 comments
I gained a little today but not enough to bother updating.

This event is much like last weeks for me, a lot of time can be gained or lost in the 1st and last sectors.

My fastest final sectors always happen after a bad 1st sector and or lap and my best 1st sectors are always followed by a bad last sector and or lap. :banghead:

I gained a little today but not enough to bother updating.

This event is much like last weeks for me, a lot of time can be gained or lost in the 1st and last sectors.

My fastest final sectors always happen after a bad 1st sector and or lap and my best 1st sectors are always followed by a bad last sector and or lap. :banghead:

Yep, always happens to me too.....couple of times today, I was over half a second up at the sector 3 split only to mess it up in sector 4! Time-wise I'm not sure how much more I can get anyway as am only 5 tenths off my theoretical best...maybe a few tenths more if I get things right. Surprisingly, the change to manual gears hasn't slowed me down much and I am getting most gear shifts as and where they should be. Keep at it mate...I have confidence in you :D

Not able to get much track time lately due to work commitments and it definitely shows.
Thought I must have been on the wrong circuit with how far behind I was on splits.
Improved a fair bit but still way off the pace and I can't work out where I am going wrong.

Not able to get much track time lately due to work commitments and it definitely shows.
Thought I must have been on the wrong circuit with how far behind I was on splits.
Improved a fair bit but still way off the pace and I can't work out where I am going wrong.

This car can be pushed a lot more than you'd think...while it does have a habit of spinning it's wheels in low gears, it is very stable at high speed. It has major brake-on understeer so release the brakes earlier than you would ordinarily do to help with turning...some corners, such as the ess after the long right-hander post the sector 1 split can be taken flat out providing you get the entry right. Sometimes being in a higher gear than you'd think was right is better...for example, the first corner can be taken in 3rd gear. Not sure what else to suggest as I'm not exactly quick...just keep at it and push the limits as you'll be surprised what this car can take

Most sessions I usually just load my best ghost and aim at it from the start...decided to try without a ghost and slowly build myself up to speed...slowly increased my time to a tenth off my previous best and then, thanks to a PB in both final sectors, improved my best lap time by a second in one go :eek: Then improved my PB sector 1 on the next lap only to mess it up as usual. Have seen a .3 sector 1 so there is definitely time to be found if can do a decent first sector and not mess it up somewhere...am 6 tenths off my theoretical best Sector 3 split, so the majority of that is in the first sector:

S1: 47.917
S2: 1:23.417
S3: 2:16.850

1'22.067
2'14.883

Very frustrating. This was a really nice lap until the jump. I've never had an issue with it, but on this lap when I landed it threw me right,and almost into the wall. I saved it but it messed up the entire loop, costing me a couple tenths. I was fairly angry at that point, and apparently that's what I needed for t4, as this lap has my best. Still, I left about .3 on track so not extremely thrilled, and I'm sure Pekka will come in with a late, fast lap. Had a best t3 time of .620 but t4 was horrible.

Submitted and accepted, good luck everyone.

I found this event particularly challenging due to my lack of consistency (especially in the 1st sector). I'm a little disappointed in my final lap time but I'm pleased with my PB for every sector. I just could not put them all together in one lap. :banghead:

Final Splits Submitted & Accepted. Good luck to all!

1'23.267
2'16.284

Had a final go at this to attempt to submit some sort of decent lap, or at least one with a decent sector 1...managed to get a .3 sector 1 again but couldn't get within 4 tenths of my fastest time...did have one lap where I was up 7 tenths at the sector 2 split but had poor final 2 sectors and was way behind. A frustrating end to what was an enjoyable combo

1'22.567
2'15.217

nahhhh - still pretty unhappy with this, but I'll submit the quickest I get down. I just don't get used to the compound mix - whenever I find real good speed from the beginning of a lap, I fall back to what I know the car should do and fly off after the next apex. :boggled: t3+t4 are OK, but far from perfect as well.

So I posted my lap time and it said it got accepted and yet it doesn't show up in the leaderboards. Is there a problem?

Back