GTPDC Month 7 (Results are in)

• Thread starter Sheron
  • 122 comments
^^ lol finally a close one in pro
Normally (at least month 4-6) it's been a close battle in amateur, not pro

👍 to DR for getting your scores in so fast

My scores are in as well.

I agree, close battle in pro between 2 out of the 3 entrants.

Maybe a clear cut winner in amateur divison...
One of the amateur entrants had a really good vid (practically pro level).

ForcedInduction
My scores are in as well.

I agree, close battle in pro between 2 out of the 3 entrants.

Maybe a clear cut winner in amateur divison...
One of the amateur entrants had a really good vid (practically pro level).

My thoughts exactly...

Although, I am a bit dissapointed, a certain link was missed by everyone in Am and Pro...

;)

Delphic Reason
My thoughts exactly...

Although, I am a bit dissapointed, a certain link was missed by everyone in Am and Pro...

;)

Was it the double apex at the beginning? (turn 2 to the hairpin?)
I tried that, but in my short time window, I couldn't do it.

CoolGeekz
Was it the double apex at the beginning? (turn 2 to the hairpin?)
I tried that, but in my short time window, I couldn't do it.

Not even close! DR and I are thinking about another link...(i hope we are thinking about the same link)

ForcedInduction
Not even close! DR and I are thinking about another link...(i hope we are thinking about the same link)

You are correct, FI... We are indeed on the same page...

;)

Oooh, lots of secrets flying around. I'm very excited to see how th scores will come out. Thanks to all you judges for getting in some scores. I know personally that I didn't really do any decent links, apart from the last part of the amateur section.

I'll get this done by tomorrow (Sorry if I'm the last judge to submit scores, I just started uni and they're packing on the work)

Good luck to all participants!

hehe, I'm in the same boat. Heat Transfer midterm on Thursday, Vibrations and Acoustics tomorrow. I'll have a look at the vids today either at lunch, or immediately after my second class - before I get into study mode.

im pretty sure i know which links you guys are talking about. i know this track very well.
there are 2 major ones available... ill have to wait and see which ones you guys are talking about, since i havent seen the vids. i havent even ran any laps for this comp. though either.
ill check the vids when i get back home, if they are posted by then.

hey DR i did that link from the 2nd turn to the hairpin, just i didnt do so well on the last turn for am , and tapped the wall and also the 2nd to last turn i couldnt hold it

Suzuki
lol
yeah its pretty obvious, if no one in AM or Pro got it.. well to some people it is.

~Drift King~
hey DR i did that link from the 2nd turn to the hairpin, just i didnt do so well on the last turn for am , and tapped the wall and also the 2nd to last turn i couldnt hold it

:lol: Drift King, that would not be the link we are talking about.
Any entrant who linked the turns we are talking about, would've gotten better scores and possibly some brownie points.

I don't want to be a complete jerk, but I think I have to bring up this issue.

I remember reading in the GTPDC Guidlines that Thio wrote, that any entrant who has 2 or more wheels stepping outside of the track at any time would be disqualified. I guess it cannot be enforced in this competition, but I would like to bring that thought up for future reference.

What do you judges think?

I don't want to be a complete jerk, but I think I have to bring up this issue.

I remember reading in the GTPDC Guidlines that Thio wrote, that any entrant who has 2 or more wheels stepping outside of the track at any time would be disqualified. I guess it cannot be enforced in this competition, but I would like to bring that thought up for future reference.

What do you judges think?

I don't think they should be disqualified... I do think they should lose points, at the judges discretion...

;)

Delphic Reason
I don't think they should be disqualified... I do think they should lose points, at the judges discretion...

;)

My thoughts exactly.

I'm just wondering why you didn't search when you knew it was the thing to do...

FI,
I hear what your saying about the two wheels rule. I know it was probably me you were reffering to. I couldn't tell if more than two wheels were off the track but, it did seem pretty close. I did say this was not my best attempt. (by far) But, I will take any results that may come my way. Be it disqualification or low scores. I just wanted to make sure I got a vid in before the deadline.

^^ same
I only spent 3 hours setting up a car, drifting it, and hosting the vid. Not even close to a good run, but at least it's in (I didn't want to dissapoint anyone because I saw their reactions when I said I might not get a vid in).

I think I got 1 or 2 wheels off on the apex at the 2nd to last corner, because of the speed and angle I needed to double apex it.

Well, at least there will be a gold, silver, and bronze for Pro, and with TD and Erocks in it too, this could be extremely close (like the tie in amateur in GTPDC6).

CoolGeekz
^^ same
I only spent 3 hours setting up a car, drifting it, and hosting the vid. Not even close to a good run, but at least it's in (I didn't want to dissapoint anyone because I saw their reactions when I said I might not get a vid in).

I think I got 1 or 2 wheels off on the apex at the 2nd to last corner, because of the speed and angle I needed to double apex it.

Well, at least there will be a gold, silver, and bronze for Pro, and with TD and Erocks in it too, this could be extremely close (like the tie in amateur in GTPDC6).

I'm not referring to anyone in particular. I'm just pointing it out for future reference of entrants.

By the way, there is no podium finish in GTPD6. It's a winner take all :lol:

Back