GTPDC: Round 4 (Results posted)

• Thread starter Sheron
  • 150 comments
I definantly could have improved on mine. I figured if I didn't just submit one I would just keep trying to improve and get Fs on the 3 exams I had last week. Good luck everyone!

Score sent! I am very happy with the videos! Much better quality in all of the entries.

Clear cut winner in the professional section.

Close battle in the amateur section.

All in all, great turnout 👍

ForcedInduction
Score sent! I am very happy with the videos! Much better quality in all of the entries.

Clear cut winner in the professional section.

Close battle in the amateur section.

All in all, great turnout 👍

Damn.. It was Tank... Or swift.. no? LOL
-TD

lol, i guarantee it was not me.

mine is clearcut something.... but winner is not what i would call it. My word only has 4 letters.

lol I also doubt it was me, i couldn't link some of the corners due to my car choice, oh well. So that leaves Ske or ToyotaDrifter (or Boundary Layer, but he thinks not).
I know that as only 4 pros said they uploaded their vid, and Sheron said only 4 pro vids are in.
So really the lineup is like this.

-[Professional]-
Ske
ToyotaDrifter
Boundary Layer
CoolGeekz

-[Amateur]-
Barret Wallace
ekmatt9
Folkedahl
vtec513

I could be wrong (I haven't seen the actual list and i'm not a judge) but I'm fairly certain.

Boundary Layer
...wth.... I thought submitted a vid as well. That should be 5...

:confused:

Yeah... Soemthings wrong there.. LOL Im all antsy now.. LOL who won!!!
IDK if i won or not because I think I could have done better.. on 1 turn that i know..

The judging should never take longer then 4-5 days.. it takes me 1hr to judge them once i get all the videos...
-TD

ForcedInduction
I only got 4 vids. I am very sure who submitted that awesome vid. Infact, i'm 100% sure :)

Yep, very clear winner, and I'm almost 100% sure who it is... I'm sure the judges can all agree what gave it away... Well, there's a few things, but one thing stands out...

;)

ToyotaDrifter
:crazy: I got a DFP now.. Dang its so hard.. Any Tips on how to stop spinning? I counter steer but then it eather stops mid way and hits the inside wall or it wips out at the end.. :scared:
-TD

Heh I'm in the same spot really. I got a DFP, and I was all over the place with problems I didn't know existed... so I went back to my half broken DF for now :dunce:

I'll bring back the DFP now and then to see if I get any wiser... I think part(s) of the problem is that a) I'm mostly clueless as to how much I'm countersteering at any given time, b) I usually lose track of how much to unwind to center the wheel and c) I spin the wheel way too fast and aggressively... I got to the point where I can drift dual apexes and hairpins perfectly fine, but when it's time to link two turns it all turns to poop in a flash :yuck:

The DFP feels WAY more direct than the DF, which is pretty "loose" with a progressive feel to it...

Ske
Heh I'm in the same spot really. I got a DFP, and I was all over the place with problems I didn't know existed... so I went back to my half broken DF for now :dunce:

I'll bring back the DFP now and then to see if I get any wiser... I think part(s) of the problem is that a) I'm mostly clueless as to how much I'm countersteering at any given time, b) I usually lose track of how much to unwind to center the wheel and c) I spin the wheel way too fast and aggressively... I got to the point where I can drift dual apexes and hairpins perfectly fine, but when it's time to link two turns it all turns to poop in a flash :yuck:

The DFP feels WAY more direct than the DF, which is pretty "loose" with a progressive feel to it...

Dude i have been playing for likie 5hrs.. MY arm hurts!! It feels like im trying to fight the Force Feed Back... And yeah it seems like i am where u are at.. once its time for linking WOOSH1!! that and exits...
-TD

^^ this is me 5 months ago

it just takes time guys.

I didn't think I'd ever make a successful transition from DS2 to DFP (and as far as I'm concerned I still havent) - but I have made significant progress.
I can actually put together laps that I'm confident enough to show off now. This GTPDC will indicate how my DFP-ing stacks up against the rest of you on your native controllers.

Back