GTPF3WRS Round Six

• Thread starter Frizbe
  • 63 comments
Disappointing its like this after 2 patches.

The reviewers make out Forza has great online and menus that are unrivaled and Turn10 have led the way but my experience is one of the worst games I've used.

I don't think I'll be able to post any time whatsoever, my 360 refuses to play Forza 3.

Refuses.

It's the only game that I have that it just doesn't like - neither of my two copies will play and if they do - they'll freeze. :odd:

Even when you click on game details and tell it to play from the Hard drive?? Ouch...

How does this Mugello Leaderboard work? It seems different than the others.

If I select S700 Mugello Full or view the LB at the track all I get is S700 Vipers and the odd Mazda for all the thousands of places. When you toggle to near me then the car names change to many different makes and models but with the Viper/Mazda lap times showing, and a Lambo/Porsche/Ferrari replay will be a Viper. I thought it was maybe divided into car types but no matter what type of car or make I do a lap in, the near me board shows Viper/Mazda lap times for cars displayed Porsche/Lambo/Ferrari etc cars.

If there is some division of drive train/body type I still can't get anything other than Viper times or Viper times overlayed with wrong cars which are a mix and don't seem divided anyway.

Well apart from that mix up when I noticed your week 4 time was listed as a different car I had no idea these other problems existed in the LB's. As I scanned through the times, kinda starting at 1000 and working my way up, I noticed some Superleggera's, F50's and F40's and just assumed, dangerously apparently, that the times were for those actual vehicles. Agreed the bugs in this game are pretty bad at times :yuck:.

Even when you click on game details and tell it to play from the Hard drive?? Ouch...

Yeah. Both discs are installed, too. Tried clearing the cache to see if that would help as I had to do it anyway, but to no avail. I've been having this problem for a while too; every other time I'd take any Aston Martin to La Sarthe...it would freeze right at the track loading screen. I just took the One-77 around one of the tracks from Forza 2 a couple of minutes before my previous post, and it froze a couple of seconds into the first lap.

Well after playing with the F50 some more today I'm now definitely happy with my HL in that car. I actually managed to put in a fast lap that was better than the quickest in my older AWD Viper setup. Also I played around with the Superleggera and the only way I could get that car within 1.5 seconds of the F50 was to max the tire grip, min the weight and then raise up the hp to hit 700PI. Obviously even then the F50 crossed the finish line well down the track. I suppose what I've really learned is that at the Mug one needs all the mechanical and aerodynamic grip that they can get.

I was wondering, since for the most part we can see others' lap times if we are friends with them, would it be appropriate to talk about times here? Its entirely up to you if you want to say what your final time is, but otherwise talking about roughly what you're doing. E.g. "So I'm down to about a 1'13.4xx, in a Fiat 500, what's everyone else getting?"

Well I think im done. I certainly cant say I didnt try this week, cuz I pretty much spent all day today doing 10 lap sprints. haha. I managed to surpass the goal i set for myself by quite a bit, so im not sure where the extra speed came from, but I know im losing a lot of time between the T2 and T3 splits that I cant seem to hold on to.

I'll hold off on submitting my time until tomorrow, cuz I wanna sleep on it tonight and give it one last go before the deadline. I wish i had more money to experiment with different car choices, but looking at the leaderboards, it seems like in the right hands any of the lambos or ferraris are capable of some pretty quick times, tho im sure there are 1 or 2 in each camp that stand out more than the rest

If that 1'43 of Chromatic is right, I'm pretty much out of it this week. Haven't had the money to play multiples cars as I wanted to, and didn't spend a whole lot of time on it either.

If that 1'43 of Chromatic is right, I'm pretty much out of it this week. Haven't had the money to play multiples cars as I wanted to, and didn't spend a whole lot of time on it either.

That photo is to demonstrate the mess that is the Leaderboards Eric. That 1'43 (which is not mine) is actually a Viper 08 time but it reads Reventon by error. Notice the laps time on both photos. The replays are all Vipers.

I've hardly done any laps and at the moment I have a poorly tuned Viper 08 time in the high 1'40's as a stealth lap to hide my time from Spencer.:)

I'll probably get caught out this week as I'm going to do some laps tomorrow in perhaps two cars. I don't have much time or credits to test 4 or more cars.

I think everyone will be around 1'47-1'53.

Last edited:
Hm. I might get to throw one more car together tomorrow night. Right now I have an unofficial lap in the 1'52s.

Final time submitted. This F50 is definitely capable of what Chromatic predicted but I've stopped trying to find it ;).

I decided to just try, and I used what I assume will be an unconventional car. Based on what I saw with my friends on XBL, and where I was ranked overall, I'm confident I did well. But honestly, I don't know.

well i dont know where all my speed went, but i tried (in vain) to even come close to it tonight and i just couldnt do it. instead i just got angry and obsessed, so its time to stop. time submitted.

i tried to make the best out of the cars i had available to me, so hopefully it was enough

Well based on the posts so far, I'm kinda thinking I have a fair shot at the top spot this week. I'm definitely not gonna get ahead of myself though, but based on the LB's it does help to see that Chromatic's time is well back :).

Yeah I tried the Reventon and Diablo GTR but didn't spend much time, probably could've got 7 tenths more out of the Reventon. I wanted to try the F50 but only had 300,000 credits left.

So what does the LB say icelt? I guess you got a low-mid 1'48 then?

With the credits thing. I've started to hire the driver for the Nurb 9 lap event. You get 85,000 an hour. I don't want to rip through the single player just to get credits and would prefer to enjoy it in my own time and make it last till GT5.

On fm.net they say the best way is to go to Multiplayer and set 7 AI cars for the Benchmark A track and drive around the small central barrier which still counts as a full lap and get 90,000 every 15 mins.

You would get more than 90K doing an R1 World Championship Race in about the same time I think

Back