GTPlanet Android App

• Thread starter strtgng
  • 162 comments
Any way to get this on the Amazon store so I can put it on my Kindle Fire? (Fairly sure it's based on the Android platform)
Sorry, I don't currently have plans to publish the app in the Amazon Appstore.

I can upload a .apk file that should be installable if that's allowed?
You can share the APK file privately if you want.

Why is it that we can't zoom in on pictures?
I'm not sure, it's a limitation of the app's Forum Runner platform on Android.

Just recently (twice last week) while using my Droid Razor, I could not exit the GTPlanet App. I had to literally shut off my phone to exit. I was not logged in, I was just browsing from the outside.This is the only App.that this has ever happened with.

:confused: Any ideas ?

I haven't received any other reports of a problem like that, with the exception of users who assume they can only exit apps by pressing the device's "Back" button (this isn't possible with GTPlanet's app because of the way it's built, as I described here). Pressing the "Home" button on your device should always close the app.

Did this not work for you, Nick?

Correct Jordan, hitting the home button on my phone did nothing. When I hit the home button to exit, it took me to the front news page where it then froze there. It hit it several times and to no avail. I was then forced to shut the phone down and restart. This does not happen all the time, it is sort of an random issue. As said previously, this is the only app that does it. I make sure that my apps and phone are always updated (set to auto update). I am usually in a good area to pull a good WiFi as well. Now I can tell you that one time when it did this, it was later in the evening at home, around 11ish. By then, my phones smart actions had kicked in (sleep, battery extender, etc., etc., etc.). That may have had something to do with it. I can't be certain though. It is just kind of strange. :confused:

I've noticed on my Droid RAZR that I can't hit either the Home or Back buttons to exit while I'm on the News tab but CAN hit either of those while in the Forum tab.Give that a try, Nick, and see if the same thing is happening to you.

Hmmm... I'm not getting any major GTPlanet app issues on my Samsung Galaxy S2 at&t.

Well one issue I've been encountering is that it always says that it sends a crash report to the developers, but then it doesn't let me open the app for sometime after that message appeared.

Edit- I agree with TB, I can't do the same thing.

TB
I've noticed on my Droid RAZR that I can't hit either the Home or Back buttons to exit while I'm on the News tab but CAN hit either of those while in the Forum tab.Give that a try, Nick, and see if the same thing is happening to you.

Same thing TB. Hmmmm, we both have Razr's ..... odd. Perhaps something with this particular device ?

Nicksfix
Same thing TB. Hmmmm, we both have Razr's ..... odd. Perhaps something with this particular device ?

I see now that the home button works on the News tab, but not the back button. Must be the particular software. Are you running 2.3.6 GingerBread?

I just checked mine again and it appears that the home button IS closing the app from any tab just like it should (I'm almost positive that it hasn't in the past) while the back button only works from the Forum.

And, yes, 2.3.6.

Yes, 2.3.6 as well.

I too just did a quickie check and it got me out. It's must just be some random goober thing. :lol:

Is there any way to change my profile information via the app?

I'm down to just the app and I want to update my location.

Edit: Never mind.

Last edited:
In my Galaxy Fit (GT-S5670B) it works perfectly fine. It's great to give some important threads a little check to keep updated in what's happening and all that. Pretty good to reply and quote. Nice work Jordan.

Question about the "favorite" forums. In the Subscribed section there is a Forums tab. The description reads: "You have no favorite forums. Browse to a forum and press Android Menu ->Favorite." I don't see a favorite option when I do this. For instance, I do to Forums>Gran Turismo 5>GT5 Tuning Forum>Menu. All I get is refresh, new thread, mark as read,search, logout, settings. Am I doing something wrong or is this missing? I've had the problem on my old EVO running 2.3.5 and my current Galaxy Nexus running 4.0.4.

DigitalBaka
Question about the "favorite" forums. In the Subscribed section there is a Forums tab. The description reads: "You have no favorite forums. Browse to a forum and press Android Menu ->Favorite." I don't see a favorite option when I do this. For instance, I do to Forums>Gran Turismo 5>GT5 Tuning Forum>Menu. All I get is refresh, new thread, mark as read,search, logout, settings. Am I doing something wrong or is this missing? I've had the problem on my old EVO running 2.3.5 and my current Galaxy Nexus running 4.0.4.

Have the same issue on Galaxy S3 on 4.0.4 and latest GTP app.

I also only see some avatars of some users. I am using WiFi with a very good connection but it also occurs using mobile data.

Last edited:
Whatever you did to fix the avatar issue with the Android app, Jordan...it's appreciated!

For some reason, avatars would not load properly in the app (ice cream sandwich/4.0); they would load once per user, then would revert back as if one had no avatar at all (unless they uploaded a new one).

Pupik
Whatever you did to fix the avatar issue with the Android app, Jordan...it's appreciated!

For some reason, avatars would not load properly in the app (ice cream sandwich/4.0); they would load once per user, then would revert back as if one had no avatar at all (unless they uploaded a new one).

What was done to fix it mine wont show avatars on my galaxy s3.

Edit: nevermind I cleared the image cache in settings and it worked.

Last edited:
wc420pro
When did you do that? Now when you search appmarket there is no such app...

About a week ago only just upgraded ill have a look in the marketplace.

Edit: I just did a search thats weird it was there.

Back