GTPlanet Community Club Racing Series - The Monday SessionsOpen 

• Thread starter OpticZero
  • 38 comments
United States
Malibu
Greetings.

Welcome to the Monday Sessions, home of the Monday rounds of GTPlanet's Club Events. This is your one-stop shop for any and all information regarding the Club Events that take place each and every Monday at 3:00 pm Eastern (20:00 GMT). This location will serve as a depot to find specifics for Monday's Club Events called The Monday Sessions. Also found here are particular race details including car choices, track settings, and every other option that you will need to begin racing here.

The Monday Sessions will usually be based on the Official GTPlanet Community Club Events that are released every Saturday. These Monday Session Events will frequently be inspired from the WRS races that take place each and every week, but not always. For the Club Events that are not based off of the WRS races, please go HERE for information pertaining to the Thursday Sessions.

Within the first few posts of this thread you will find all information on settings and options relating to the current Club Event, an Archive of previous Club Events, and other information that applies to the Monday Sessions. All discussion within must relate to the Monday Sessions only. Information regarding the general GTPlanet Community Club can be found HERE, for the Thursday Sessions please go HERE, for the Community Club Registry divert yourself HERE, and for GTPlanet's Official Weekly Race Series (WRS) be sure to check us out HERE.

OTHER INSTRUCTIONS AND WISDOM

• The Monday Sessions are ALWAYS CLEAN. All drivers must familiarize themselves with the OLR Guidelines found HERE. It is very important that these races are clean and fun for everyone. If the entire GTPlanet populace adheres to these rules, then the most possible enjoyment will be had by everybody on track.
  • Races will usually begin with a Qualification round. This begins sharply at 3:00pm Eastern/20:00 GMT. To convert to your own time zone, please go HERE for assistance.
  • There will be a one hour Official Practice Session before each race starting at 2:00pm/19:00 GMT. These practice laps will be set to the exact specifications as the race so that everyone can get data regarding fuel consumption, tire wear, etc. This time will also be used to check for connection issues. All other practice time can begin by anyone at any time and this is highly encouraged. Just make sure to check the exact Club Event settings to make sure you can pull the proper data.
  • This is also a great place to discuss the last race, talk about new and upcoming races, and to leave photos from past Monday Session Events. Remember this is for the Monday Sessions only. All other Community Event discussion shall be done in it's respective thread.
  • There will be no registration of drivers. These are all open Club Events to everyone who is a member of the GTPlanet Community Club. This is meant to be an extremely easy way to get into organized racing. These Session Events are great places to compete in personalized custom events and to meet new people from around the planet. Occasionally, there may be a practice round open to all other users from across the general online lobbies, but the races will always be for GTPlanet Club members only.
  • A Points System will be applied for any Monday & Thursday Session race which requires points to determine an overall winner for a series of races and events. This system is based on that of IndyCar.
    1. 50
    2. 40
    3. 35
    4. 32
    5. 30
    6. 28
    7. 26
    8. 24
    9. 22
    10. 20
    11. 19
    12. 18
    13. 17
    14. 16
    15. 15
    16. 14

Thank you and I hope to see you all on track next Monday.

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Current Club Event Information

Ford Focus RS @ Cape Ring Inside

The Cars
  • Ford Focus RS '02
  • Sports:Medium Tires
  • Tuning is NOT allowed.
  • No Nitrous Oxide (N20)
  • Oil Change, Paint, and Wheels are always allowed when available.
The Track
  • Cape Ring Inside
  • Laps: TBD
  • Time: N/A
  • Time Progression: N/A
  • Weather: N/A
Race Settings
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: TBD
  • Grip Reduction & Slipstream: Real
  • Penalties and Boost: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
Dates & Times
  • January 19th, Monday; 3:00pm Eastern (20:00 GMT)
  • Practice starts one hour early (2:00pm Eastern/19:00 GMT)
  • Unofficial practice will be at random times throughout the week. Feel free to start your own.
General Guidelines
  • Skid Recovery Force (SRF), Active Steering (AS), and the Driving Line are OFF.
  • Active Stability Management (ASM), Traction Control (TC), and the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) are ON (available).
  • Rumble Strips are part of the track.
  • No Passing or Shortcuts outside of the track limits.
  • As always, these rules should be followed as best we can to get the cleanest racing possible. Please go over them.

Last edited:
The Racing Archives -- Monday Sessions from the Past

• Session -1 -- December 1, 2014 -- Polyphony Digital Cup Round 2 -- CLICK for highlights
  • Session 0 -- December 8, 2014 -- LMP/GT Hybrid Battle @ Fuji -- CLICK for highlights
  • Session 1 -- December 15, 2014 -- Katsuobushi, an Ocean Fish Goes to Tokyo -- CLICK for highlights
  • Session 2 -- December 22, 2014 -- Christmas Special Event -- CLICK for highlights
  • Session 3 -- December 29, 2014 -- El Loco de la Sierra -- CLICK for highlights
  • Session 4 -- January 5, 2015 -- ALTEZZA Touring Car @ Tsukuba Circuit -- CLICK for highlights
  • Session 5 -- January 19, 2015 -- Ford Focus RS @ Cape Ring Inside

Last edited:
GTPlanet's Community Club Events have been updated. The Current Club Event Information post will be updated soon...and not the typical PD type of "soon" that doesn't really mean "soon". When I say "soon" I actually mean "soon". :D

UPDATE: The Event has been updated. See, I told ya. :P

Last edited:
I tried the various WRS tunes that @OpticZero mentioned. I found a combination of the tunes from @RS__96__oO and @Ettick works best for me so thank you guys! Gained a second compared to the stock settings!

Here are my current settings, i fiddled a bit with the transmission:

Suspension
10.59 14.10
1 1
1 1
7 6
0.0 0.0
-0.03 0.00

Racing brakes: 5 6
LSD: 8 16 12
Downforce: 400 666

Gearings: 1) Set final to 5.000
2) Set Max. Speed fully to left
3) Set gears: 1: 3.420
2: 2.700
3: 2.190
4: 1.820
5: 1.550
6: 1.350
7: 1.200

Set final to 2.880

Drivers, don't forget that race day is today!!!

Room opens at 2:00pm Eastern (19:00 GMT) and then qualifying an hour later (3pm/20:00). Let's see if we can get a Monday Session attendance record. Judging by some of the practice rounds, we can easily do it. :)

For complete details, including a variety of top notch tunes, please see this post.

HINT: Fuel/Tires are set to Fast. This means that, depending on your conservation, you will need to pit at least once for tires and a splash of fuel. If you prefer, please do at least 10-15 laps to test my theory as driving styles may make a difference; but this is not necessary. If you like living on the edge and have a big pair, you may want to push it as far as you can. :lol:

Last edited:
Argh, DC in qualification... Go Guys!

Hope the connection gets better after wednesday maintenance.

You weren't the only on either Tarnheld... we lost another person as well. At one point the road disappeared on me, was hard to tell where others were as my map was coming and going. Was braking into turn one and got hit from behind, and I didn't even know someone was behind me! Doubt it was intentional though as I've only seen clean racers so far. I too hope maintenance brings better news!

Cheers

You weren't the only on either Tarnheld... we lost another person as well. At one point the road disappeared on me, was hard to tell where others were as my map was coming and going. Was braking into turn one and got hit from behind, and I didn't even know someone was behind me! Doubt it was intentional though as I've only seen clean racers so far. I too hope maintenance brings better news!

Cheers

I was stuck in the Qualification Results screen without results showing up. I hoped that i could enter the race after the qualification, but eventually had to quit the game after 15min. Some Quick Matches let me vent off the frustration. I hope you had a great race, the car and track were awesome!

Some photos from today's race. Great job, @lero for another Session win. Somebody should do something about that. :lol: Too bad about the DC's; if it weren't for that, we would have doubled the final grid from the last Session race. Those servers messed up a big race over the weekend in the WRS and now today. Oh well. :(

Tokyo R246_11.jpg Tokyo R246_12.jpg Tokyo R246_13.jpg Tokyo R246_14.jpg Tokyo R246_15.jpg Tokyo R246_16.jpg Tokyo R246_17.jpg Tokyo R246_18.jpg Tokyo R246_19.jpg Tokyo R246_20.jpg Tokyo R246_21.jpg Tokyo R246_22.jpg

Last edited:
A new Christmas Special Event for next week's Monday Session will be introduced later today. Final details are being sorted and when finalized, they will be displayed in Current Club Event Information. Stay tuned...it should be a great one.

UPDATE: The Christmas Special Event has been added. Please see Current Club Event Information for details.

Last edited:
I won't have my PS3 back until February. I'll miss many races I see :(
I hope to see full rooms when I come back :dopey:
Happy Holidays everybody!

Christmas Special Event -- Results

Race 1 -- First - @OpticZero - Ford GT [50]; Second - @tarnheld - Viper [40]; Third - kimy4649 - Corvette [35]
Race 2 -- First - OpticZero - Corvette [50(100)]; Second - kimy4649 - Corvette [40(75)]; Third - Tarnheld - Viper [35(75)]
Race 3 -- First - Tarnheld - Viper [50(125)]; Second - BHayes - Viper [40]; Third - OpticZero - Viper [35(135)]

Overall Results
  1. OpticZero -- 135 Points
  2. Tarnheld -- 125 Points
  3. Kimy4649 -- 75 Points
  4. BHayes -- 40 Points

Last edited:
First of all, thanks guys for the great races at the Christmas Special Event!

Special Thanks goes to @OpticZero for careful planning and the work put into this event. :cheers:

I have to admit that i derailed @OpticZero's format -- i had practice in the Viper only and shamelessly begged to drive in this car on all races.:embarrassed: But i like the format and hope to see it again in the Community Club. The cars were well chosen, all could play very well together. The Indy Track was great, technical and all, and very slippery gras growing next to the road...

First race everyone was nervous, i took the lead only to give it away by spinning off track...:banghead: "To finish first you to have to first finish." How true.
Second race i was watching the fight from behind, two spins in the first and second lap... :banghead:

The third race started off better, i could slip in front only to be constantly attacked by :bowdown: BHayes for the full 10 laps. This battle took my full attention, i was always in fear of an error or spin and the success in the end was truly rewarding!

All in all @OpticZero deserves the overall win, you were proficient and consistent in all cars!:bowdown:

Merry Christmas everyone, see you soon!

Last edited:
First of all, thanks guys for the great races at the Christmas Special Event!

Special Thanks goes to @OpticZero for careful planning and the work put into this event. :cheers:

I have to admit that i derailed @OpticZero's format -- i had practice in the Viper only and shamelessly begged to drive in this car on all races.:embarrassed: But i like the format and hope to see it again in the Community Club. The cars were well chosen, all could play very well together. The Indy Track was great, technical and all, and very slippery gras growing next to the road...

First race everyone was nervous, i took the lead only to give it away by spinning off track...:banghead: "To finish first you to have to first finish." How true.
Second race i was watching the fight from behind, two spins in the first and second lap... :banghead:

The third race started off better, i could slip in front only to be constantly attacked by :bowdown: BHayes for the full 10 laps. This battle took my full attention, i was always in fear of an error or spin and the success in the end was truly rewarding!

All in all @OpticZero deserves the overall win, you were proficient and consistent in all cars!:bowdown:

Merry Christmas everyone, see you soon!

If I could "Like" this more than once, I would. :P

A room is now open in the GTPlanet Club Events section for the Altezza Touring Car Event at the Tsukuba Circuit.

Just a reminder:

The race starts today at 3:00pm Eastern (20:00 GMT). There will be a mandatory 2 pit stop rule in effect this week.

Last edited:
This was a really enjoyable combo, the car drives like on rails. Had some nice battles, lots of opportunity to overtake, but many overtaking lines lead to be overtaken on the next corner. ;) I am pleased with my consistency this time, even if i could not access my best lap times in the race.

Thanks @OpticZero for planning and hosting! 👍👍

I was running the stock car, tried some tuning in the TT but could not find any advantage for me. Maybe i have not found the best line and speed for some corners yet. Did any of you had success with tunes, and gained a significantly lower lap time?

Back