GTPlanet's GT6 Community Club Group

• Thread starter Famine
  • 199 comments
Is there any chance of having some events with a more hardcore focus, finally got into fxx room last night to find all sorts of driving aids are allowed :boggled:đź‘Ž. it takes all the fun and skill out of the trial not that i am super fast but id rather lose knowing that people who did win had the skill to win not having there hand held around the track. sorry famine i understand this is all on your shoulders since its on your personal ps3. hope i dont come across rude
What driver aids were on? The only one that makes you faster is SRF(Active steering maybe also).

What driver aids were on? The only one that makes you faster is SRF(Active steering maybe also).

Personally, those are the only two (SRF & AS) that I like to turn off (I don't like the Driving Line either as I don't know of a button in any car ever made that puts a giant blue and red hashed line out on the road :lol:, but a lot people use it). TC and ASM are real world assists that exist in many production cars and even race cars, so I prefer to leave those available whenever I make a room. As Mini Stiggy knows, the WRS uses the same procedure when it comes to driver assists.

Last edited:
Traction control was defiantly on and srf i pretty sure was activated, traction control on a fxx with sports soft would make you much faster than if TC was off the car the has so much wheel spin on them tires.

Traction control was defiantly on and srf i pretty sure was activated, traction control on a fxx with sports soft would make you much faster than it off the car has so much wheel spin on them tires.

The Ferrari FXX has traction control in the real car. Obviously, SRF is totally a PD creation and should never be used...unless it is being used for lower skilled players. If it was on for the FXX Club Event, then it was either an oversight or Famine was making the Event accessible for people of ALL skill levels and did not want to discourage those folks from competing in the event.

Traction control was defiantly on and srf i pretty sure was activated, traction control on a fxx with sports soft would make you much faster than if TC was off the car the has so much wheel spin on them tires.
No it wouldn't. In GT6 TC makes any car slower. It might make it easier, but it would be slower.

No it wouldn't. In GT6 TC makes any car slower. It might make it easier, but it would be slower.

Depends how you look at it. Because the car is hard to control for me, having TC on (set at 1) with the FXX will give me faster lap times because I will have more control. But for guys like yourself (did someone say ALIEN?) then yes, it might slow you down. But for normal folks like me, some real world aids used in GT for some cars will make the car easier to control, and therefore faster...and there is nothing wrong with that. SRF on the other hand is a whole different animal...but that has been discussed a million times here.

Last edited:
Depends how you look at it. Because the car is hard to control for me, having TC (set at 1) on with the FXX will give me faster lap times because I will have more control. But for guys like yourself (did someone say ALIEN?) then yes, it might slow you down. But for normal folks like me, some real world aids used in GT for some cars will make the car easier to control, and therefore faster...and there is nothing wrong with that. SRF on the other hand is a whole different animal...but that has been discussed a million times here.

That is my point really unless you have a steering wheel on a high powered car with crap tyres (Tc) like optic said on 1 always gives me a second or two on my DS3. when i had my wheel tc on 1 would give me a massive advantage but this was on GT5 sold my whole rig before i got gt6 so i just assumed it was the same. These events are obviously optional so just wondered if any harder trials are planned. Fxx might have traction control but on a track with the dial turned to track/race mode isnt it off?

The Polyphony Digital Cup starts today at 3:00pm (20:00 GMT).

The room should be opening up in 30 minutes or less for practice. Production cars only. No race cars will be allowed. Sport:Soft tires or less are to be used with Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption set to Very Fast.

Obviously, please drive cleanly. This should go without saying, but it never hurts to reaffirm this. If you accidentally push someone into the wall, into another driver, or any other situation where you may have caused an incident, please give the position back to show good sportsmanship.

Please read up on the rules here if you have any questions on proper etiquette and racecraft.

The event uses the same settings as the original WRS Time Trial did. That's SRF and Active Steering off, other aids optional.

People running in my own lobbies will find only the Driving Line and ABS to be optional and everything else off.

30 minutes until Qualifications start for the GTPlanet Polyphony Digital Cup!!!

The room is nearly half full now as we have a few more practice laps. Hurry up and join on in for some Tokyo street racing!!!

The first "Official?" Polyphony Digital Cup race was a success!!! Congrats to m00se_112 (@lero) for the win...with myself and @G_Parrilla rounding out the podium. Fuel consumption and tire wear was a major factor in strategy that decided who was where (other than m00se_112...he kind of ran away with the win).

I will be planning to organize more races here in the Community Club section and I plan on working with @Famine to see what else we can do to bring even more people, more fun, and more racing to this awesome new feature. Stay tuned for more information on a Clio race for Thursday (moved to Friday). Same time and place.

:gtpflag:

...oops, double post. I've seen mods do it all the time, so I guess it's OK for me to do it once in a while. :D

Last edited:
Here is some Photo Mode action from today's Polyphony Digital Cup race.

Tokyo R246_1.jpg Tokyo R246_2.jpg Tokyo R246_3.jpg Tokyo R246_4.jpg Tokyo R246_5.jpg Tokyo R246_6.jpg Tokyo R246_7.jpg Tokyo R246_8.jpg Tokyo R246_9.jpg Tokyo R246_10.jpg Tokyo R246.jpg

Last edited:
GTPlanet's Club version of the Weekly Race Series OE #45 is at 3:00pm (20:00 GMT) on Friday, December 5th.

The room will open 1 hour early for practice (2:00pm Eastern/19:00 GMT). The Renault Sport Clio R.S. '11 is the car featured for this 13 lap event at the reverse version of the Trial Mountain Circuit. Comfort:Soft tires are to be used with Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption set to Very Fast.

Please read up on the rules here if you have any questions on proper etiquette and racecraft.

UPDATE: I will be hosting two races every week based on the GTPlanet Community Club Events. These events will be on Mondays and Thursdays at 3:00pm Eastern (20:00 GMT) with practice starting one hour early (2:00pm Eastern/19:00 GMT). As I am the only one (so far) that is hosting scheduled events inside the club, there will be occasions when I cannot make it at these set days or times. When this does occur, a makeup race will be held on that Friday of the same week...unless someone else takes my place for that particular event. I will do my best to make sure that this happens as little as possible, but as you all can understand, sometimes life comes first. If there is anyone else out there that would also like to help host these events just send me a message or just post right here in this thread.

This is in no way, shape, or form meant to take away from anyone else starting and competing in races, time trials, or other events inside of the GTPlanet Community Club. By all means, please start up your own events and/or create rooms based on the official Club Events. The races that I am organizing are only meant to help streamline when everyone can get together to race in the official events that are created each and every Saturday. The feeling is that if there is a set schedule than more people will show up at official times and we can get bigger and larger grids to create some really epic racing. If you cannot make it on Mondays and Thursdays, by all means, please create your own rooms and grab as many folks as you can. The more races that get going the better.

The Community feature is still in it's infancy and we are all still learning it's nuances. So if anyone has any ideas (good or bad) on how to further these Community Events, please give me a shout.

Last edited:
Photo highlights from GTPlanet's Community Club race: Weekly Race Series OE #45. Congratulations to @lero for the win, his second this week. Thanks to all who made it for the race. It was fun. See you all next week.

Trial Mountain Circuit_1.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_2.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_3.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_4.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_5.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_6.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_7.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_8.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_9.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_10.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_11.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_12.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit_13.jpg Trial Mountain Circuit.jpg

The next round of GTPlanet Club races starts with a Multi-class race at Fuji Speedway GT. Cars to use are the Toyota FT-1 Vision GT and Toyota's LMP car, the TS030. The first event is on Monday, December 8th. The race starts at 3:00pm Eastern (20:00 GMT) with a one hour practice session beginning at least one hour before the fall of the checkered flag. For more details and restrictions, check out the room settings in Club Events under the Community section. Hope to see you all there!!!

UPDATE: The Club Event Race Room will be opening up within the hour. Now is a good time to go over a few small details that are listed in the restrictions part of the Club Events. The TS030 should have a PP of 623 while the FT-1 should be reduced to 600pp. This is to make the difference between the two cars a little more "gap-friendly" to produce more of a fun factor when the LMP cars pass the GT cars during the race. Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption is set to Fast with Real Grip Reduction and Slipstream. Please, check the Event Settings under the Restrictions option for more information. See you at 2pm Eastern / 19:00 GMT for practice.

Last edited:
Hi there! First off, just wanted to say thanks for letting me participate in today's race and congrats to @tarnheld who won our respective class in the TS030! Seems like I need to learn there's more to racing than just speed. :lol:

But it also leads me to this observation/question.

Leading up to this race, I had been rather involved in the TT version using both the TS030 and the FT-1 VGT to try and get experience in both cars to see if I could be competitive. In the TT version, I got way better lap times in both cars than I did in the race practice session (using both cars), and then in the actual race, I couldn't achieve close to my best time in the TS030. I found there was (at least) a 2 second difference between the TT and race version.

That's the observation... so the question is, Has anyone else noticed this and is there a reason why?

This is not a complaint type of post, I'm just genuinely curious!

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi there! First off, just wanted to thanks for letting me participate in today's race and congrats to @tarnheld who won our respective class in the TS030! Seems like I need to learn there's more to racing than just speed. :lol:

But it also leads me to this observation/question.

Leading up to this race, I had been rather involved in the TT version using both the TS030 and the FT-1 VGT to try and get experience in both cars to see if I could be competitive. In the TT version, I got way better lap times in both cars than I did in the race practice session (using both cars), and then in the actual race, I couldn't achieve close to my best time in the TS030. I found there was (at least) a 2 second difference between the TT and race version.

That's the observation... so the question is, Has anyone else noticed this and is there a reason why?

This is not a complaint type of post, I'm just genuinely curious!

Cheers
TT mode (and online mode with tire wear off) simulates perfect tires, with no fuel in the tank. That's why it's faster.

Thanks @Mini Stiggy , I knew there had to be a reason, but would have never thought of that one. I'm fairly new to the online racing scene, and certainly don't know everything about it. Thank you very much!

Cheers
Note that that's not the official reason(there is none). But every single time I've tested it, my low fuel runs are very close to TT times.

Last edited:
Note that's that's not the official reason(there is none). But every single time I've tested it, my low fuel runs are very close to TT times.

Cool, now that I'm aware of it, I will pay closer attention... today, by the time my fuel was getting low my tires were wearing out a bit (in the 7's) but still offered a degree of control.

Cheers

Keeping with the Race Car theme of the week, Thursday's Club Event Race will feature three different GT300 race cars: the Subaru BRZ, the Lexus IS350, and the Subaru Impreza. Some may think that this might sound familiar, and those people would be not crazy in thinking so. I drew some inspiration from a previous Special Event from the WRS. This will be a Sunset Race...meaning that the race will start with the clock set to sometime in the afternoon and then the sun will slowly set during the race and will end after the track lights have turned on. If there are enough people after the race ends, we might switch cars and do another race or two. If this is the case, we will take a vote at the end to determine the number of laps.

The Cars
  • Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12 | 518pp
  • Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model '08 | 513pp
  • Subaru Impreza GT300 Base Model '08 | 514pp
  • Original Race Liveries of these cars are allowed.
  • No power upgrades. All other tuning is allowed.
  • Sport Soft Tires
  • No Nitrous Oxide (N20)
The Track
  • Twin Ring Motegi Road Course
  • 15 Laps
  • Time: 15:00
  • Time Progression: 10 (set to 5 during practice laps only)
  • Weather: None (Fixed); I was thinking about having it set so that it starts to rain at the very end of the race where it won't have enough time to puddle, but we'll save that for another time.
Race Settings
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Very Fast
  • Grip Reduction & Slipstream: Real
  • Penalties and Boost: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
Day & Times
  • December 11th, Thursday; 3:00pm Eastern (20:00 GMT)
  • Practice starts one hour early (2:00pm Eastern/19:00 GMT)
  • Unofficial practice will be at random times throughout the week. Feel free to start your own.
General Guidelines
  • Skid Recovery Force (SRF), Active Steering (AS), and the Driving Line are OFF.
  • Active Stability Management (ASM), Traction Control (TC), and the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) are ON (available).
  • Rumble Strips are part of the track.
  • No Passing or Shortcuts outside of the track limits.
  • As always, these rules should be followed as best we can. Please go over them.

Don't worry if you don't see a race in the official Club Event section of the GTPlanet Community Feature, it's not there. There were only 2 events created this week (one TT and one race) and as you all know these Club Events take place twice every week. When this does happen, I will create my own Club Event to fill in the empty spot. This race will take place in the normal Club Lobby area along with all practice time. If you have any questions or have ideas for future Club Events, feel free to drop me a line personally in messages or just ask right here in the Community Forum. Thank you.

Last edited:

Cool tried to make it but obviously didn't :( .. will try again.

Ps. was there only 4 racers?

Cool tried to make it but obviously didn't :( .. will try again.

Ps. was there only 4 racers?

We hope you do try again. The more, the merrier.

Yes, we only had four drivers. There are usually more at the beginning, but as with all online racing in GT6, things like DC's and other dropouts happen from time to time and cannot be helped. As I said before, these Club Events are still very new (it hasn't even been a month yet, has it?) and the word still needs to get out for it to really catch on. Hopefully we can get more help with dedicated threads and topic sections going; and now along with the new formatting of future Events like so (instead of just updating older posts like this in order to not double-post) having better organization and making it easier to read and notice will bring a few more into the fold.

Last edited:
Back