GTPlanet COMMUNITY HELP Desk: Track Path Editor/Importer. READ OP!

Hi....gt editor is maxing out for saved tracks. I spent a lot of energy making them and want to save them elsewhere. How/where do i download the tracks and save them for future use.
Any tip would help.
BMW325Vinny

I don't know about ipads, but for android the most flexible way is with a rooted device and a file manager that can request root access (I use ES File Manager, but Root Explorer seems good too). Without rooting, I think you can use a backup program like Titanium, but I've never tried that. There's various info in the "Where are the course save files?" thread which might help you.

I don't know about ipads, but for android the most flexible way is with a rooted device and a file manager that can request root access (I use ES File Manager, but Root Explorer seems good too). Without rooting, I think you can use a backup program like Titanium, but I've never tried that. There's various info in the "Where are the course save files?" thread which might help you.
Thank you for you're time and input...i will attempt you're suggestions and will let you know...
Bmw325vinny.

Is there a way to recover older track versions in the App? I'm looking to grab one of my older track variants so I can update it.

Where can I down load an older version of the track maker? I dont have an old back up. I have both Ios and apk 1.0.2. I want to go back to jump version.
Tnx

Is there a way to change the width on an existing track either through modding the files or just normally through the app
(I use andydroid for the pc)

Is there a way to change the width on an existing track either through modding the files or just normally through the app
(I use andydroid for the pc)

AFAIK - at this point you can't do this normally through the app; you have to start all over again. Not sure about the modded aspect though and, if possible, whether such modded tracks will work efficiently online.

Here's some links in case you haven't got this sorted RudeBoi, theme change is no hassle as long as you can access the save files created by the editor, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...es-android-tablet-phone.335346/#post-11007961 this thread should help you locate them, and then you can upload your .Bin file here: Gran Turismo Path Editor - Web Editor & Mods and at top of the page you can edit theme number to whatever you want, change track width and bank height.
Theme numbers are:
Death Valley =1
Eiffel =2
Andalusia =3
Eiffel Flat =5
Then when your done just click the download buttons (.meta as well) at bottom of the page and copy the new files back in the Track Editor, (you either overwrite, rename or delete the originals obviously)
Just be aware that if you download the edited .Bin and .meta to the same folder the originals were uploaded from it will rename the new files (something like "C--yourfilename.bin" and "yourfilename (1).meta" so best to download them to a different folder.
Hopefully I've not missed anything......:D

You've probably sorted it now, but someone else may find this helpful anyway.

Yes you can with this method, watch out re-importing the track as one or more curves may be corrupted.

Anyone have any success with importing kml/gpx files? Latest update of the track editor just does nothing with kml/gpx.
Not to necro the thread, but I'm getting the same issue. Reference images don't load either.

Not to necro the thread, but I'm getting the same issue. Reference images don't load either.
If your using the official TPE then images only work with Eifel Flat.
If your using the modded TPE then simply take a screenshot of your image 1st & import that JPEG instead, as sometimes a downloaded image doesn't work. (Something to do with the format & pixel size)

If your using the official TPE then images only work with Eifel Flat.
If your using the modded TPE then simply take a screenshot of your image 1st & import that JPEG instead, as sometimes a downloaded image doesn't work. (Something to do with the format & pixel size)
It's the official one. I can't load KML or images on Eifel flat.

It's the official one. I can't load KML or images on Eifel flat.
I don't think KML ever worked (can't say I tried).
Just take a screenshot of your track image (home button + power button on android) you should see the screen flash, then import that.

I saw and drove user created tracks in open lobbies in excess of 20 miles, and ones with crossovers,
yet after reading all 9 pages here l keep getting told this is not possible???
Could someone please explain how this is accomplished?

I saw and drove user created tracks in open lobbies in excess of 20 miles, and ones with crossovers,
yet after reading all 9 pages here l keep getting told this is not possible???
Could someone please explain how this is accomplished?
Hacking. Which is something we are not allowed to discuss here.

So it is a cheat thing?
that's a bummer, l was hoping it was just a problem with my ultra cheap tablet
not enough memory or something needed upgrading
Oh well, guess l will see what l can do in 10,000 meeters

So it is a cheat thing?
that's a bummer, l was hoping it was just a problem with my ultra cheap tablet
not enough memory or something needed upgrading
Oh well, guess l will see what l can do in 10,000 meeters
Not exactly. And fear no more. You can download the modded APK on the thread i linked above.

Back