GTPlanet Fantasy Football League '09 - Speedy Samurai Wins!!!

• Thread starter FoolKiller
  • 357 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

FoolKiller

Don't be a fool.
Premium
United States
Frankfort, KY
GTP_FoolKiller
FoolKiller1979
ROSTER FULL - signups are now closed

Hey, it is getting dangerously close this year and I haven't started anything up yet.

I just restarted the league. Old members should be getting emails at their Yahoo! accounts. The current setup is a direct copy from last year. If anyone wants some changes please let us know soon.

For new members:
You need a Yahoo account. It is free and you can put in whatever fake information you want. Plus it gives you a new email address to use for spam.

To Join go to http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/signup
Click on Join a League
The League ID# is: 358838
The Password is: gtp

I have made the draft date 8/28 at 11:00 PM ET, but this can easily be changed. It just requested one during setup.

Once you join, please post here with your team name so that we can setup a list of who is who.

GTP Name - Team Name
  1. FoolKiller - The Happy Monks (Commissioner)
  2. Joey D - Shovel Bums
  3. UnoMOTO - The Wicky Radsters
  4. Speedy Samurai - The Stiff-arms
  5. Max Powers - RATS OFF TO YA
  6. JFM92_GTRacer - Mr. Yamagucci
  7. Godzilla157890 - Godzilla's gangstas
  8. Silverzone - TRU PUNX
  9. Omnis - Marc's Marauders
  10. Justin - Renegades of Funk
  11. TwinTurbos94 - Centurion Eagles
  12. Studentdriver - Cocky's Caravan

No, Omnis, you cannot have the entire Dolphins roster.

Last edited:
Wow...it's that time already

Some big names changing teams this off season. Should be fun to pick'em

Wow...it's that time already

Some big names changing teams this off season. Should be fun to pick'em
Yeah, I have no clue who I am picking at the moment. And with some questionable situations (Favre) some decisions are still in the air.

Stiff-arms are in.

Right now I can't say whether that draft time is good or not. It might be alright considering it falls on a saturday here.

I'm back, The Babies have changed to "RATS OFF TO YA" this season.

As for the draft time, anything after about 7pm EST is fine with me.

Last edited:
Which one? (free or not free?)
Free.

I'm not about to attempt dealing with money issues from people all over the planet. We are just in it for the fun, and bragging rights.

And the list is updated, as well as the League ID#, which I screwed up by putting in last year's ID#.

Last edited:
I see you already got me up there, I registered as soon as you sent me the e-mail. Should be entertaining and maybe I won't suck this year.

Godzilla157890 - Godzilla's gangstas
Added, welcome to the league.

I see you already got me up there, I registered as soon as you sent me the e-mail. Should be entertaining and maybe I won't suck this year.
Yeah, I still had the page open when you joined up and added you yesterday.

Wow, seven already. I remember how much trouble we had getting interest the first year. Of course, I won then too.

No, Omnis, you cannot have the entire Dolphins roster.

AWWWWWW! :lol:

I'll play anyway. Never done any kind of fantasy football though. I'm a team guy.

Okay, I'm down as Marc's Marauders.

Last edited:
You'll watch more games this year then ever before. Kinda makes it fun to watch teams you normally wouldn't bother spending a second on.

You'll watch more games this year then ever before. Kinda makes it fun to watch teams you normally wouldn't bother spending a second on.
And it gives me an excuse to go to the bar with all the games showing at once every Sunday, other than "I like beer."

Preemptive strike.

And it gives me an excuse to go to the bar with all the games showing at once every Sunday, other than "I like beer."

You mean liking beer is not a good enough reason to go to the bar? :lol:

You mean liking beer is not a good enough reason to go to the bar? :lol:
For me it is, but I'm married. The only other excuse I had was that Rams games are rarely shown locally.

Of course, that could be seen as a blessing lately.

Made a logo for my team:

marauders.png

Made a logo for my team:

marauders.png
Nice. You've been added.

So, now that we are close to 10 teams (I'm allowing for 12) we need to start discussing a true draft date/time and any rule or position changes.

I signed up as "Renegades of Funk"

It's my favorite Rage Against the Machine song.

Added, and I sent Danoff a PM. He needs to get in now if he wants in at all.

OK, I canot make the arbitrary draft date of the 28th. I just found out I have some medical stuff scheduled for that day, so I may not be home. If that works best for everyone that is fine. I will just setup my auto pick list as best as I can.

But if anyone has any better dates we should be discussing them.

I won't be able to do anything on the 17th and if my jury duty carries on into the week then I don't know what my schedule's going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back