GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
- Rule 12
Boy it's been a good long while since we had one of these, so... let's do one!
Here are the rules:
- You have 13 Tokens from which you must select one of each of: DRIVER 1, DRIVER 2, CHASSIS, and ENGINE.
- You may, over the course of the season, swap CHASSIS and ENGINE once apiece, and you have two DRIVER swaps (whether that's 1 and 2, or either twice).
- You may enter at any time during the season, but only entries received (by PM or post in this thread) before one hour ahead of first free practice will be eligible to score in the subsequent Grand Prix.
Here's where it gets complicated:
- Across the course of the season, I will adjust Token values after every six races. Should your selection gain or lose value, your number of Tokens will increase or decrease accordingly; if you have a team worth 13 Tokens and its value drops to 12 Tokens, you will only have 12 Tokens available for any swaps you wish to make.
- There will always be four DRIVERS at each Token value, two CHASSIS at each Token value, and a maximum of one ENGINE at each Token value
- Should a driver miss a race for any reason and a replacement races in their stead, the replacement will score for that driver; note that this will apply if the replacement driver is one who already drives for another team except in the case of a full-time driver transfer wherein the driver continues to score for themselves and their replacement for themselvves, with any driver leaving the grid scoring nothing.
Here's how you score:
- Only classified finishes will generate points
- DRIVERS will score points according to their finish position; 1st place will score 20, 2nd will score 19, 3rd will score 18, and so on down to 20th which scores one point.
- ENGINES will score points according to the mean of the best two finishes for each engine, with the same points system as above. If an ENGINE records a 1-2 finish, it therefore score 19.5 points.
- CHASSIS will score points exclusively based on the Famine's Adjusted Constructor's Championship*. This is a simple ranking of each team's second-finishing car, using the current F1 points system from 25 for 1st down to 1 for 10th.
Here are the initial Token values; they are based on 2022 results (both real and FACC):
|5 TOKENS||Verstappen, Leclerc, Hamilton, Russell||Honda/Red Bull Powertrains||Red Bull, Mercedes|
|4 TOKENS||Perez, Sainz, Norris, Ocon||Ferrari||Ferrari, McLaren|
|3 TOKENS||Alonso, Bottas, Magnussen, Gasly||Mercedes||Alpine, Aston Martin|
|2 TOKENS||Stroll, Tsunoda, Guanyu, Albon||Renault||Haas, Alfa Romeo|
|1 TOKEN||Hulkenberg, Piastri, Sargeant, de Vries||-||AlphaTauri, Williams|
Your initial entry will be final, with edited entries disregarded. If your selected entry is over 13 Tokens it will be disregarded. Please be sure when making your entry that you know the difference between Alfa Romeo and Alpha Tauri. Get it wrong and it'll cost you a swap to change it...
|1||@Touring Mars||Aston Martian||75|
|3||@Mr Grumpy||Grumpy Racing||70|
|18||@XJ40||Club Tropicana Racing||33|
RACE THREE ENTRY DEADLINE - 0130 UTC, Friday March 31
*Oh come on, you knew I was going to work that in somehow.