Not open for further replies.

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
1677596064583.png

Boy it's been a good long while since we had one of these, so... let's do one!

Here are the rules:

• You have 13 Tokens from which you must select one of each of: DRIVER 1, DRIVER 2, CHASSIS, and ENGINE.
  • You may, over the course of the season, swap CHASSIS and ENGINE once apiece, and you have two DRIVER swaps (whether that's 1 and 2, or either twice).
  • You may enter at any time during the season, but only entries received (by PM or post in this thread) before one hour ahead of first free practice will be eligible to score in the subsequent Grand Prix.

Here's where it gets complicated:
  • Across the course of the season, I will adjust Token values after every six races. Should your selection gain or lose value, your number of Tokens will increase or decrease accordingly; if you have a team worth 13 Tokens and its value drops to 12 Tokens, you will only have 12 Tokens available for any swaps you wish to make.
  • There will always be four DRIVERS at each Token value, two CHASSIS at each Token value, and a maximum of one ENGINE at each Token value
  • Should a driver miss a race for any reason and a replacement races in their stead, the replacement will score for that driver; note that this will apply if the replacement driver is one who already drives for another team except in the case of a full-time driver transfer wherein the driver continues to score for themselves and their replacement for themselvves, with any driver leaving the grid scoring nothing.

Here's how you score:
  • Only classified finishes will generate points
  • DRIVERS will score points according to their finish position; 1st place will score 20, 2nd will score 19, 3rd will score 18, and so on down to 20th which scores one point.
  • ENGINES will score points according to the mean of the best two finishes for each engine, with the same points system as above. If an ENGINE records a 1-2 finish, it therefore score 19.5 points.
  • CHASSIS will score points exclusively based on the Famine's Adjusted Constructor's Championship*. This is a simple ranking of each team's second-finishing car, using the current F1 points system from 25 for 1st down to 1 for 10th.

Here are the initial Token values; they are based on 2022 results (both real and FACC):

DRIVERENGINECHASSIS
5 TOKENSVerstappen, Leclerc, Hamilton, RussellHonda/Red Bull PowertrainsRed Bull, Mercedes
4 TOKENSPerez, Sainz, Norris, OconFerrariFerrari, McLaren
3 TOKENSAlonso, Bottas, Magnussen, GaslyMercedesAlpine, Aston Martin
2 TOKENSStroll, Tsunoda, Guanyu, AlbonRenaultHaas, Alfa Romeo
1 TOKENHulkenberg, Piastri, Sargeant, de Vries-AlphaTauri, Williams

Your initial entry will be final, with edited entries disregarded. If your selected entry is over 13 Tokens it will be disregarded. Please be sure when making your entry that you know the difference between Alfa Romeo and Alpha Tauri. Get it wrong and it'll cost you a swap to change it...

Current Standings:

PositionMemberTeamScore
1@Touring MarsAston Martian207
1@JordanTeam GTP207
3@Mr GrumpyGrumpy Racing198
4@Jimlaad43DTK Racing197
5@Pupik195
6@MiodragM Racing193.5
7@Shaun184.5
8@DG_SilvaDreamskater Racing175
9@MagpieRacer170
10@FamineFMax164.5
11@noshog164
12@Roo156
12@zjn156
14@coyb20Hamilton Academical155
14@Nuschel01HKS Racing155
16@Fezzik154
17@-Fred-148
18@kaori132
19@XJ40Club Tropicana Racing130
20@ROAD_DOGG33J125
21@lilcat89124
22@deviln3s2k-ap2120
23@PaMu1337118.5

RACE SIX ENTRY DEADLINE - 1030 UTC, Friday May 19

*Oh come on, you knew I was going to work that in somehow.

Last edited:
Current component standings:

ENGINER1R2TOTAL
Ferrari1514.529.5
Honda19.519.539
Mercedes1717.534.5
Renault612.518.5

CHASSISR1R2TOTAL
Alfa Romeo6410
AlphaTauri10818
Alpine01212
Aston Martin18018
Ferrari01515
Haas81018
McLaren066
Mercedes151833
Red Bull252550
Williams12012

DRIVERR1R2TOTAL
Albon11-11
Alonso181836
Bottas13316
de Vries7714
Gasly121224
Guanyu5813
Hamilton161632
Hulkenberg6915
Leclerc-1414
Magnussen81119
Norris448
Ocon-1313
Perez192039
Piastri-66
Russell141731
Sainz171532
Sargeant9514
Stroll15-15
Tsunoda101020
Verstappen201939

Last edited:
Ooh exciting.
D1- Fernando Alonso
D2 - Zhou Guanyu
En - Mercedes
Ch - Red Bull

Driver 1:  Norris
Driver 2: Gasly
Engine: Mercedes
Chassis: Alpine

I can taste the champagne already :lol:

Driver 1: Verstappen
Driver 2: Hulkenberg
Chassis: Ferrari

D1 - Alonso
D2 - Hulkenberg
Engine - Red Bull
Chassis - Ferrari
(damn you @Roo I was going to pick your exact lineup…)

Last edited:
Not wishing to clutter the thread, but there is some seriously good lineups here, especially with engine and chassis choices guaranteed to have a decent points haul each race. I thought I had made some safe choices but having doubts!

@Famine can we name our team?

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

DRIVERS: Verstappen, Hulkenberg
ENGINE: Mercedes
CHASSIS: Ferrari

@Famine can we name our team?
I can't see any reason why not, although I will be e-murdering anyone who comes up with an AUP-inappropriate choice so... at your own risk :D

I shall also enter, but I won't be eligible for the non-existent prize because obviously I'm adjusting the Token values and although everyone knows I wouldn't I could do it to my advantage so won't.

CHASSIS: Aston Martin (3)
ENGINE: Ferrari (4)
DRIVER: Verstappen (5)
DRIVER: de Vries (1)

Last edited:
Sounds like fun. I'll have a crack.

Chassis: McLaren (4)
Engine: Mercedes (3)
Driver 1: Russell (5)
Driver 2: Piastri (1)

After dodging many potential e-murdering acronym attempts I have settled on Club Tropicana Racing.

Drinks are freeeeeeee!

Ooh if we can name our team, I will break glass for emergency and take the name "DTK Racing", my go-to team name.

CHASSIS: Red Bull (5)
ENGINE: Mercedes (3)
DRIVER: Alonso (3)
DRIVER: Stroll (2)

Team name: Aston Martian

I'm always down for some banter and friendly competition.

Chassis: Ferrari (4)
Driver: Bottas (3)
Driver Alonso (3)

Chassis: Red Bull (5)
Engine: Ferrari (4)
Driver: Alonso (3)
Driver: de Vries (1)

Driver1: Perez (4)
Driver2: Piastri (1)

Question: any saving of unused tokens for later?

Last edited:
Driver1: Perez (4)
Driver2: Piastri (1)

Question: any saving of unused tokens for later?
Yep, if you don't use them all they'll sit in the Tokenbank.

Guess I'll play here as well and to keep it simple gonna use a similar lineup than with the OG Fantasy GP :D

HKS Racing
D1: Alonso
D2: Hülkenberg
E: Honda
C: Ferrari

Never done anything like this before, not sure I fully understand what's going on either, but may as well give it a go ....

Chassis: Red Bull
Driver1: Norris
Driver2: DeVries

What happens if the tokens go up in value, do you have to choose new ones to take you back to the 13 tokens ?

What happens if the tokens go up in value, do you have to choose new ones to take you back to the 13 tokens ?
Nope. If your squad gains in value you gain any extra tokens, which would allow you more freedom with your swaps; of course if your squad loses value, the opposite applies.

If you pick a 13-Token squad and... let's say Driver 2 does really well in the first six races and gains one Token in value, you now have a 14-Token squad. You don't need to change a thing, but you might like to then swap that driver out for one who's done less well for fewer Tokens and then also swap your engine for one that was more than you could afford originally.

That would look like this:

Original squad - Chassis (5), Engine (3), Driver 1 (4), Driver 2 (1); Squad value 13
Recalculated tokens - Chassis (5), Engine (3), Driver 1 (4), Driver 2 (2); Squad value 14
New selection - Chassis (5), New Engine (4), Driver 1 (4), New Driver 2 (1); Squad value 14

I'll be tracking squad values in some shared Google Sheet I haven't thought about formatting correctly yet...

Team name - M Racing

CHASSIS - Red Bull
ENGINE - Ferrari
DRIVER 1 - Alonso
DRIVER 2 - Hulkenberg

Good luck racing to all.

Let's give this a go.

D2 Alonso = 3
D1 Sainz = 4
Engine, Mercedes = 3
Chassis, Aston Martin = 3

Team name = Grumpy Racing.

Thanks @Famine

Last edited:
Just sneaking in before lock

Chassis - Aston Martin
Engine - Mercedes
Driver 1 - Verstappen
Driver 2 - de Vries

Name - Dreamskater Racing

All of the above entered - any entries after this and before...

RACE TWO ENTRY DEADLINE - 1230 UTC, Friday March 17

...will be entered into the championship from the Saudi Arabia Grand Prix onwards.

Good luck! :D I'm intrigued to see how race one goes - and we only have two sets of duplicated squads...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back